Do you dislike Boston?

Another Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great city, fans of their sports teams are a bunch of tools, for the most part.

There are some that are true fans of their teams, from personal experiences, mostly Bruins and Celtics. It's the uneducated moronic bandwagon jumpers from the Pats and Sox that are the worst. They don't know the history of those teams and know only Tom Brady and David Ortiz. Ask them who Steve Grogan or Jim Rice are and they have no clue.

The worst thing is, regardless of their knowledge of the past, they all seem to think the sports world revolves around Boston/New England.

I love the city, but not the Pats* bandwagon fans. We started our honeymoon 30+ years ago there before heading to Stowe. My wife worked for a bank out of Boston for years, and now (oddly) her division is based out of Boston. We had an awards dinner tonight in Atlanta/Buckhead and the top Boston people were here. Awesome city, awesome guys. I got a "Go Bills" on the way out. Amen.

Went to school there and loved the city. I always said Boston would be one of the greatest cities in the world if you could take out every person that lives in Boston.

That sounds like a goal..... :)

Get to work!!!

They did NOT like the fumble chart I shared around town a couple summers ago. But i avoided personal injury.....narrowly.

I dislike the people who live there. Always strike me as rude and brutish.

I agree. Got family in Northern NE. Little better there, but get close to the "Mass Hole Influence" and we ain't in the Midwest anymore Dorothy!

Have family that's in Boston area too. Too much of a rat race for me. Every region has got them. If I wanted it here, I'd freaking relocate to the effing Northside maybe become a Cubs fan and complete the scene.

I guess the pissy NE attitude got us to fight the British and win independence, that's a good thing I suppose.

City... Meh, there's better. Too congested rat race... More than others. Nice to visit. Any area that has to permanently station cops in construction zones because people can't slow down and have common courtesy, I try and avoid.

I resent the Celtics screwing the Braves.

Pats**, what can I say... Integrity issue.

Bruins, I remember Brad Park.

BoSox, Yankee wannabes.

Hate it. Except for Cape Cod, I hate everything about New England. I even used to hate the Hartford Whalers...which, given how nondescript and unremarkable they were, was faintly amazing. It was like hating the color beige.

i think boston is amazing. like kirby, i went to school there, and lived in the area a short while after. if i was going to live in any city full time, it would probably be boston. there's a ton of history there, great restaurants and entertainment, easy to get around in, etc. for such a well known city, it relatively small which i appreciate. i still have a ton of friends that are from and still live in the area, so i've never understood the dislike for the people. dislike for the sports fans i get, but the people there are typical north easterners, (i understand if this turns some people off). summer and fall in boston is my favorite time.

Hate it. Except for Cape Cod, I hate everything about New England. I even used to hate the Hartford Whalers...which, given how nondescript and unremarkable they were, was faintly amazing. It was like hating the color beige.

They played in a shopping mall...nuff said.