Do you dislike Boston?

Another Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like any other city, be around people you enjoy. If you're a rich prick then hang with the rich pricks. If you're a average guy who works, drinks and watch sports you can find plenty of good people. Know your crowd.

Boston has a ton of restraunts, bars and shops that would make it a fun place to visit. You can do the historic sights during the day then wind down with some food and brews. I think too many people are turned off by the Pats fans, sure they are insufferable when it comes to talking about Pats related things but that's a small drop in an otherwise fun city.

My son moved to Boston last year for a job after college. He thinks it's a great city, but can't stand the Boston sports fans. Went to a Cavs-Celtics playoff game and enjoyed watching their fans go crazy over losing. He found a Bills backers bar to watch games at. Went to the Pats game and said they have a great stadium complex. Boston has a good public transportation system, he works downtown and takes the train. Of course the housing costs are ridiculous, he pays over $2000 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment.

the one thing i can say about that town was that there were more adult fights than i had ever seen in any other city. when the bars let out, it wouldn't be that uncommon at all to find two angry guys just beating the **** out of each other. no bad beat downs where someone is getting kicked on the ground, but they'd knock each other around until someone fell. fights are easy to avoid, but people just tend to love it there.

My son moved to Boston last year for a job after college. He thinks it's a great city, but can't stand the Boston sports fans. Went to a Cavs-Celtics playoff game and enjoyed watching their fans go crazy over losing. He found a Bills backers bar to watch games at. Went to the Pats game and said they have a great stadium complex. Boston has a good public transportation system, he works downtown and takes the train. Of course the housing costs are ridiculous, he pays over $2000 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment.

That's insane... I thought Long Island was ridiculously expensive to live.

worse than me? **** i better not ho there

you're a pussycat and we all know it

Around the end of 1999 I was thinking of converting from contract to full time at Lucent, an 800 sq foot home outside of Andover was listed at over $200K.

800 sq feet! a kitchen/living room, 1 and 1/2 bath and maybe 3 tiny bedrooms.

I chose to go to Florida instead and got 3 times that space for just over $220K.

I dislike the people who live there. Always strike me as rude and brutish.

Ditto. I'll take it a little further and point out that I find Bostonians to be snobby, generally speaking.

There are lots of cool things/places in Boston. But the people keep me away. I'll take NYC any day, over being around the people of Boston.

Hate it. Except for Cape Cod, I hate everything about New England. I even used to hate the Hartford Whalers...which, given how nondescript and unremarkable they were, was faintly amazing. It was like hating the color beige.

LoL... Gee, tell us how you really feel about Boston.

Now that Tom has broken the ice... ;-)

the one thing i can say about that town was that there were more adult fights than i had ever seen in any other city. when the bars let out, it wouldn't be that uncommon at all to find two angry guys just beating the **** out of each other. no bad beat downs where someone is getting kicked on the ground, but they'd knock each other around until someone fell. fights are easy to avoid, but people just tend to love it there.

It's our Anerican birthright to question authority and tyranny.

I see nothing has changed since 1770. Still acquit authority too.

I loathe Boston with the simmering heat of an underground coal fire that never goes out. I'd sell the Eastern half of Massachusetts back to the Wampanoag tribe for $2.95 and throw in Rhode Island for free. I met a guy from work several years back who just irritated me and I couldn't figure out exactly why. Turns out he's from Boston. As for the sports fans, they won all four major sports championships in a ten year period and they still B word, whine and play the victim. It's like having a rich friend who is always trying to beat you out of a dollar when you split a check. I've been there a few times for work and I couldn't leave fast enough each time.

I loathe Boston with the simmering heat of an underground coal fire that never goes out. I'd sell the Eastern half of Massachusetts back to the Wampanoag tribe for $2.95 and throw in Rhode Island for free. I met a guy from work several years back who just irritated me and I couldn't figure out exactly why. Turns out he's from Boston. As for the sports fans, they won all four major sports championships in a ten year period and they still B word, whine and play the victim. It's like having a rich friend who is always trying to beat you out of a dollar when you split a check. I've been there a few times for work and I couldn't leave fast enough each time.

You said it brother!

One time I was feeding a parking meter on the Lake Champlain waterfront in Burlington while up drives this Mass Hole. He gets out of the vehicle and shrugs: "I don't use those things." It wasn't a meter holiday either.

Mix Yankee cheapskate w/douchebaggery & you get guys like these.

You wonder why they hate the Mass Influence in other parts of New England.

I get the Yankee frugality, rebellious attitude thing, but these clowns take it to a whole other level.

My wife's boss's boss was in town from Boston for a huge awards dinner last night. Great guy! We got talking about the Bills and there is a chance I went on too long about that. The "fumble chart" never came up, so that's good. He was hysterical talking about how Pats* fans come in 2 varieties - the true fans and the bandwagon fans. Red Sox fans, however, he finds to be far more genuine. He was telling stories about growing up hearing 60 year old ladies in the grocery store talking about how some reliever had to stop breaking their wrist too early on their curve ball. Funny stuff.

He controls my wife's year end bonuses, and he's two thumbs up from me! AND, he gave me a "GO BILLS!" When we left! If I had more thumbs, they'd also be up.

My grandparents lived in a first ring suburb of Boston (and most of my family still lives there). I absolutely love the city of Boston. I loved it a lot more 30+ years ago (the traffic with the worst drivers in the United States (by far!), insane population growth, big dig... none of it did the place any favors), but it is still a great place to visit.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal