Have you had/have a boss you were afraid of?

Another Fan

Strong personality and intense. Any little mistake can set her off. I mean we're all human though and everyone makes them

There are many former posters on the board that have probably experienced this but their wives won't let them post any more.

I wouldn't say I was ever afraid of a boss, but one guy in particular created an environment where you needed to walk on eggshells, but when a conversation would turn awkward, the old "I'm just kidding!" trump card came out. Guy was a nut, I think he genuinely loved firing people.

Pretty much this:

Edited by TheElectricCompany

No. I had a boss who tried to intimidate me. He actually threatened to beat me up in front of thirty other people. Given that I'm 6'4" and at the time was a fit 250, I just laughed.

And yes, he was gone within 2 hours.

well there goes that mental image i had of you.....honestly for some reason i envisioned you as a shorter person, don't know why

No. I had a boss who tried to intimidate me. He actually threatened to beat me up in front of thirty other people. Given that I'm 6'4" and at the time was a fit 250, I just laughed.

And yes, he was gone within 2 hours.

In my mind, you're not afraid of the boss. But you may be afraid of the bully who could cause you to lose your job and the ability to pay for the roof over your head, your children's food, etc. That type of boss.....should never be a boss.