Do you like Adam Sandler movies?

Another Fan

Used to be a big fan of his when I was in high school and even owned some of his comedy albums. Then I got older and just found him stupid. But the other night I watched Mr Deeds for the first time in ages and enjoyed it. I liked his sort of regular Joe shtick.

I mean some people must have liked his films over the years as I think most of them were profitable.

Used to be a big fan of his when I was in high school and even owned some of his comedy albums. Then I got older and just found him stupid.

I think you pretty much summed up the topic right here.

That said, I still love The Wedding Singer.

Mr. Deeds is an extremely underrated and awesome movie.

I will say that Adam Sandler movies overall though took a real nose dive with Click. They are almost too dark or depressing.

Edit: looks like his darkest period was like 2005-2009. He had Click, Spanglish, that 9/11 movie "reign over me" and that movie where he was a comic dying of cancer.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

I didn't mind him on SNL, but his shtick got really old. The Longest Yard remake is one movie that should never have been made. Just an awful reboot.

With the way he loves doing all the stupid voices, he really should be doing children's movies and cartoons full time. Unfortunately, he's still getting paid to put out all the crap he does.

Used to be a big fan of his when I was in high school and even owned some of his comedy albums. Then I got older and just found him stupid. But the other night I watched Mr Deeds for the first time in ages and enjoyed it. I liked his sort of regular Joe shtick.

I mean some people must have liked his films over the years as I think most of them were profitable.

His latter stuff is dreadful, but I admire his ability to find his niche and exploit it. He's a very wealthy man now. Stupid sells.

Crazy talk. Rodney Dangerfields parts were hilarious, as was the deep Deep South jokes.

Billy Madison, Waterboy, Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates, Funny People (after a few watches) are all good imo.

I like to laugh, and even the worst comedy can usually elicit a chuckle or two.

That movie had no redeemable qualities. Nothing was remotely funny, and certainly nowhere near hilarious.