Amazon buys Whole Foods for 14 bill

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange acquisition. BTE why do you hate Whole Foods? I'm not a fan mostly since I moved to the Bay Area. Full of smug bastards. But then again 7-11's in the Bay Area is full of smug bastards. Two weeks and counting.

Hs to be part of their strategy of expanding into some brick and mortar presence, and the fact that people who buy overpriced food at Whole Foods will gladly overpay to also have it delivered.

http://fortune.com/2017/03/26/amazon-retail-concepts/

Edited by plenzmd1

There was a story in the biz news that one of their major investors, Jana Partners, was complaining that the company wasn't doing enough to improve the bottom line. WF re-org'ed the board of directors back in May. I'm not a biz expert by any stretch, but this is prolly a play against Jana.

Strange acquisition. BTE why do you hate Whole Foods? I'm not a fan mostly since I moved to the Bay Area. Full of smug bastards. But then again 7-11's in the Bay Area is full of smug bastards. Two weeks and counting.

its overpriced and not worth it. I'm willing to pay more for certain things if it's worth it. I just don't think it is. I never go there.

There was a story in the biz news that one of their major investors, Jana Partners, was complaining that the company wasn't doing enough to improve the bottom line. WF re-org'ed the board of directors back in May. I'm not a biz expert by any stretch, but this is prolly a play against Jana.

Not likely a play against Jana.

Amazon considered a bid for WHole Foods in 2009.

The 9% stake Jana Parnters took in Whole Foods in the spring just netted them about $260 million with the 27% premium Amazon has offered for the shares.

Not likely a play against Jana.

Amazon considered a bid for WHole Foods in 2009.

The 9% stake Jana Parnters took in Whole Foods in the spring just netted them about $260 million with the 27% premium Amazon has offered for the shares.

Did not know the history of Amazon / WF. Good for Jana then. Activist investor makes good $.

They'll incorporate them into Prime groceries.

They launched Prime Now with Sprouts yesterday across Denver, free delivery in 2 hours. Insane.

All part of the growing "homebody" culture.

I'm sure they'll add them in wherever they can, but I'd bet they want to use them to expand Amazon Go.

I keep hearing this, but the smug level here is still 20 years behind Fairfield County. I love Whole Foods.