Amazon buys Whole Foods for 14 bill

YoloinOhio

The drones will be powered by positive thinking.

and pixie dust, and rainbows, with unicorn backup when necessary.

Am I the only person in America who has never been in Whole Foods nor purchased from Amazon?

So YOU'RE the one! :o:angry::nana:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have food lion here. food lion here is based in salisbury about 20 minutes away from me. within 10 minutes of my house i have at least 12 food lions. at least 30 within 15 minutes of my house, as well. they're not super and some are really terrible. but they're better than compare foods.

we have aldi, getting a lidl. one is open in winston-salem already.

kroger bought harris teeter. kroger is in VA and up near RDU. they're not the same everywhere. the kroger in Appomattox, VA is terrible. the Kroger in Durham is meh. The Kroger in Sylvania Ohio is great.

there are some lowes food markets here that aren't great.

fresh market and whole foods here are generally terrible.

Wegmans is building 4 stores in the RDU. sooo happy.

I read about a month ago that WF was getting killed by Kroger because they offered organic food for less, and that once people leave they rarely ever come back. I'm not sure I see the wisdom in buying WF but Jeff Bezos has billions more dollars than I do so I'll wait and see.

They are also buying a TON of data which I think people neglect in these discussions

Am I the only person in America who has never been in Whole Foods nor purchased from Amazon?

Me too. Not sure why. Just never went.

we have food lion here. food lion here is based in salisbury about 20 minutes away from me. within 10 minutes of my house i have at least 12 food lions. at least 30 within 15 minutes of my house, as well. they're not super and some are really terrible. but they're better than compare foods.

we have aldi, getting a lidl. one is open in winston-salem already.

kroger bought harris teeter. kroger is in VA and up near RDU. they're not the same everywhere. the kroger in Appomattox, VA is terrible. the Kroger in Durham is meh. The Kroger in Sylvania Ohio is great.

there are some lowes food markets here that aren't great.

fresh market and whole foods here are generally terrible.

Wegmans is building 4 stores in the RDU. sooo happy.

Vacationing in Carolina Beach I'm struck at how crappy food shopping is. The choices being Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lowe's, Piggly Wiggly and Wal Mart, I usually end up at Wal Mart.

Me too. Not sure why. Just never went.

Vacationing in Carolina Beach I'm struck at how crappy food shopping is. The choices being Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lowe's, Piggly Wiggly and Wal Mart, I usually end up at Wal Mart.

ht has no competition in many markets and doesn't even try to offer good services.

How big will Amazon get? The stock is through the roof and only growing it seems

The biggest part of Amazon's business model relies on fuel prices. There's definitely a point where the cost of delivery (especially fast delivery) gets too high to continue. In the mean time, they're kicking ass and taking names. I hardly shop at physical stores anymore. Way better to shop online with dozens of different brand options and a review system in place.

The biggest part of Amazon's business model relies on fuel prices. There's definitely a point where the cost of delivery (especially fast delivery) gets too high to continue. In the mean time, they're kicking ass and taking names. I hardly shop at physical stores anymore. Way better to shop online with dozens of different brand options and a review system in place.

I love it too! If they get those drones delivering that could really be a revolution in commerce

Amazon has a big distribution center here in Richmond...i get a ton of stuff delivered withing two hours!!

we have one in SE Columbus and the Prime Now feature is great. You have to spend 20 but that's not hard to do. The people who deliver though... interesting. Unmarked cars had they often get lost and have to call. The last one showed up with what looked like wife and sleeping infant in backseat. I felt bad and gave huge tip.

I am with yolo on Whole Foods. Just ridiculously overpriced. Wonder if amazon sees a way to drive down WF costs (e.g., deliveries).

The only thing I like about Whole Foods, is this awesome rap video:

:lol:

That's literally the WF down my street. And yes, the parking lot was designed by a mad man.

How big will Amazon get? The stock is through the roof and only growing it seems

When you're a CIA asset, the sky's the limit.

I am with yolo on Whole Foods. Just ridiculously overpriced. Wonder if amazon sees a way to drive down WF costs (e.g., deliveries).

The only thing I like about Whole Foods, is this awesome rap video:

Haha, that's the one on Lincoln Blvd in Venice. Used to live right around the corner from it and only ever went in there 1 time in 6 years.

And yea the parking lot is ridiculous.

So let me get this straight......I can order something and a DRONE will deliver it to my house?

That is COOL!

Not yet.

Still a lot of work to be done, but they have spent a lot of time and energy in that endeavor.

I've got a commercial drone license, so I'm ready if they start in my area.