Any non Bills sports figures you feel bad for?

Another Fan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mookie would've beaten him to the base anyways!

One of the few things I can hang over the Boston fan bases head being a Mets fan.

It's not that Mookie would have been safe at first the runner at third (don't remember who that was) would not have scored the winning run had Buckner not booted it.

It's not that Mookie would have been safe at first the runner at third (don't remember who that was) would not have scored the winning run had Buckner not booted it.

Ray Knight

Yeah was only game 6 though, I mean people remember that moment but still had another game to make amends. No doubt, that turned the tide for the entire series.

Edited by Captain Murica

Ray Knight

Yeah was only game 6 though, I mean people remember that moment but still had another game to make amends. No doubt, that turned the tide for the entire series.

And I just looked it up and I was wrong. Knight was actually on 2nd not 3rd so that was some pretty heads up base running by him.

Charles Barkley (always catching flack from Shaq and Kenny for never winning an NBA title, for a guy at 6'5 and be the top 10 in rebounds at the time he retired, he was a beast),

Carlos Beltran (looking at strike 3 in the NLCS, that Mets team was good and was missing Pedro and El Duque who throughout the season their 1 and 2 in the rotation, as a Mets fan I can tell you the fan base will never forget him looking at strike 3)

Ken Griffey Jr (never winning a WS and injuries derailing his career during his prime, he would've broken Aaron's record IMO), and I would watch Yankees games when they played the Mariners just to watch him.

I thought about Griffey too, specifically because injuries held him back from having even more outrageous numbers. I didn't say him because he ended up with highest Hall of Fame voting percentage of all time.

Just imagine what he would have done if he didn't lose about 3-4 seasons worth of games.

Ray Knight

Kirk Gibson's Home Run did the same thing. That moment did not end the series, but the A's never recovered from it.

I thought about Griffey too, specifically because injuries held him back from having even more outrageous numbers. I didn't say him because he ended up with highest Hall of Fame voting percentage of all time.

Just imagine what he would have done if he didn't lose about 3-4 seasons worth of games.

He would've had well over 3,000 hits, close to maybe 800 home runs, 2,200+ RBIs, and probably 1-2 more Glode Gloves making it 12 total.

Tom Brady. Must be awful to know your whole life is defined by cheating and live in denial. Same with Lance Armstrong... But he came clean.

They both make Baby Jesus & me weep w/sympathy.

Give it a couple of years after he retires and the real story may come out

Charles Barkley (always catching flack from Shaq and Kenny for never winning an NBA title, for a guy at 6'5 and be the top 10 in rebounds at the time he retired, he was a beast),

Carlos Beltran (looking at strike 3 in the NLCS, that Mets team was good and was missing Pedro and El Duque who throughout the season their 1 and 2 in the rotation, as a Mets fan I can tell you the fan base will never forget him looking at strike 3)

Ken Griffey Jr (never winning a WS and injuries derailing his career during his prime, he would've broken Aaron's record IMO), and I would watch Yankees games when they played the Mariners just to watch him.

Met fan as well. Beltran was all right as a Met overall. I don't hold a grudge on him for striking out against Wainwright.

What bothered me more about him was years later when he signed with the Yankees, his first action was to talk about how bad the Mets treated him. That was without seemingly provoked into it.

Give it a couple of years after he retires and the real story may come out

Met fan as well. Beltran was all right as a Met overall. I don't hold a grudge on him for striking out against Wainwright.

What bothered me more about him was years later when he signed with the Yankees, his first action was to talk about how bad the Mets treated him. That was without seemingly provoked into it.

100% agree, Beltran had some good years with us, but, him looking at strike 3 in a clutch moment will never be forgotten by most including myself. Just turns out he made it worse by running his mouth when he went to the cross-town rivals.

Kirk Gibson's Home Run did the same thing. That moment did not end the series, but the A's never recovered from it.

I remember exactly which kitchen I was working in when he hit that. People had brought a TV into the restaurant. No iPhones back then. The place went nuts!!!

Carlos Beltran (looking at strike 3 in the NLCS, that Mets team was good and was missing Pedro and El Duque who throughout the season their 1 and 2 in the rotation, as a Mets fan I can tell you the fan base will never forget him looking at strike 3) .

Yup. Guy was a terrific player for years in Shea but that called 3d strike is all anyone remembers.

Tim Duncan is a name that comes to mind. He never really made the highlight reals or made for any good sound bites, but he was the rock that made the Spurs the dynasty it was.

NaVarro Barman is the most underrated player in the league right now imo. He's stuck in San Francisco.

Tim Duncan is a name that comes to mind. He never really made the highlight reals or made for any good sound bites, but he was the rock that made the Spurs the dynasty it was.

NaVarro Barman is the most underrated player in the league right now imo. He's stuck in San Francisco.

:huh: Why would you feel bad for Tim Duncan? He has 5 rings and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer