TJ Yeldon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his agent could want him out of there - he won't see much PT. The jags know he's gone next year in FA. I could see a trade for a late rounder.

I'd have to believe he's in line for a pretty heavy passing down workload, unless Fournette picks up blocking quickly and he's a true every down workhorse. I'm not sure there's anyone willing to give him a bigger role.

Would've much rather kept Touchdown Mike...

I would have loved to keep MG too, I am hoping that JW shows us some of that college highlight material this year. I like JW as a prospect, and hoping he emerges in a similar fashion of how MG just emerged once he got reps. But, would have preferred to keep the known commodity in MG. Im not pissed we didn't keep MG, just would have liked to see him stay as I liked how he played and how he stepped up when needed.

Im not nearly as optimistic on Yeldon as some on this thread, I have been generally unimpressed with him to say the least, but given JW is still a bit unknown on what he can be here, I would welcome Yeldon as competition and let the best player win the job. I mean Jax has only continued to sign and draft RB's since Yeldon...clearly they didn't think very much of him either.

He'd be a very good #2 option. Honestly, the Jags should keep him but I'd love him here.

Also, is there any fan base that is more concerned about backup rbs like ours? One day, I would like to not ever care who are backup RB is because we want our qb to throw it every down because they are awesome,

He'd be a very good #2 option. Honestly, the Jags should keep him but I'd love him here.

Also, is there any fan base that is more concerned about backup rbs like ours? One day, I would like to not ever care who are backup RB is because we want our qb to throw it every down because they are awesome,

Most teams don't have a "back-up rb" so it would make sense to care about the 2-3 guys who will carry the rock regularly. However, we have McCoy.

Regardless we need some depth, Shady won't run like this forever. I'd like to take a shot at a few of these early to late season cuts. Was on board with Christine Michael but he landed with the Colts. Still like the idea of Pro Wrestler Deangelo Williams.. Maybe we can get Maclin to sign, then trade him to the Ravens for Kenneth Dixon and picks. Dixon is suspended for 4 games, maybe they're tired of the antics already? Ryan Mathews after he gets cut from the Eagles?

Need someone though, definitely on board with Yeldon.

I'm trying not to exaggerate but Deangelo Williams is one of the best swing pass receivers in the game. I would love the guy on my team

I live in the area, they can't wait to get rid of him. He has been a massive disappointment. No toughness, no explosiveness, no production. Local radio has him fighting for a job with undrafted speedster Corey Grant, and most around here would keep Grant.

Edited by FluffHead

Were you guys watching the same TJ Yeldon I was? I think we should at least wait until the Bills sign him before pretending he's good.

At the moment any competition at the backup RB spot is to be welcomed. My view is if we end up with JW there (which I still don't think we will) it is a big downgrade.

2nd round. An underrated guy in college due to playing with Derrick Henry.

As I recall, Henry didn't get much playing time with Yeldon. He shared time with Eddie Lacy.

Yeldon is a big, strong runner with some speed. He can also catch as well as block. I haven't kept close track but I suspect that his pro career has been hampered by injuries.

If this kid is healthy, the Bills would be well advised to grab him for a reasonable cost.

As I recall, Henry didn't get much playing time with Yeldon. He shared time with Eddie Lacy.

Yeldon is a big, strong runner with some speed. He can also catch as well as block. I haven't kept close track but I suspect that his pro career has been hampered by injuries.

If this kid is healthy, the Bills would be well advised to grab him for a reasonable cost.

He had a reasonable rookie year, a very bad 2nd year... but he has been running behind one of if not the worst line in the league. Not sure I'd trade anything for him (other than maybe a player on the bubble for us in a position where we have better depth - Patrick Lewis maybe?) but if he becomes a FA we should definitely have a look.