Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Thanks for the take. You and Shrader are two fellas who I listen to for informed opinions.

Any chance Lehner gets better at shootouts? It's depressing, but the minute we go to SO, I just assume it is a loss.

I'd almost like to put Ocho CInco in for the SO, regardless.

Lehner's shootout problems seem to be more mental than physical at this point.

Once that big fella commits his body to one side, he can't get back over quick enough. And that short handed goal (which lost us the game in regulation) was a weak attempt at getting over to the side of the net. Most college players can cover that side quickly. Lehner doesn't impress me in the least.

and this

Even when he's in position to make a save, he really fights the puck. Looks like a bear trying to grab a fish.

@THNRyanKennedy

Behold, the top 75 NCAA players I'm excited about this season: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-top-75-players-to-watch-in-the-ncaa-this-season

The college hockey season is upon us and there are many talented prospects plying their trade there. Here are kids to keep an eye on, according to our expert

The NCAA season is here, folks. And once again, it’s time to get excited about all the prospects that will be playing for a shot at a national championship. This is the third year I’ve put together my top 75 players to watch, so let’s review the rules for everyone. First off, these are the players I am most excited to see – I’m not ranking Hobey Baker finalists. The list leans heavily towards freshman and sophomores, because I am more interested in players with NHL upside. Notably, that means that almost every player on the list is already drafted, or comes up for the draft in 2018.

Also, there is no tokenism here: some schools have five or six players on the list, some have none. I regret nothing. For all I know, the national champion this year will have zero NHL prospects on its roster and I wish them all the best. But this is my list and here’s how it went down:

1. Casey Mittelstadt, C, Minnesota (BUF): The quickness and the dynamic offensive skillset has already been on display in the pre-season. Can’t wait for the real games to start for this kid.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Thanks for the take. You and Shrader are two fellas who I listen to for informed opinions.

Any chance Lehner gets better at shootouts? It's depressing, but the minute we go to SO, I just assume it is a loss.

I'd almost like to put Ocho CInco in for the SO, regardless.

That's just an injury waiting to happen!

We're going to see lower shooting percentages with the amount of shooting PH wants to see but against many NHL goalies we should see an enormous amount of rebound chances.

I was VERY pleased at the number of successful pinches we saw last night and the positive offensive zone puck possession through two periods. There are certainly things to work on (2 man advantage PP, 3-on-3 OT at both ends, etc) but if last night is an indication, this is going to be a fun team to watch.

They're not going to be slow and plodding, that's for sure. I just hope they're able to keep Moulson and Gorges up in the press box on most nights. Tennyson getting the start over Gorges is very telling there, so hopefully that does in fact mean that he won't play much, especially when Bogosian is back. I wonder if/when they're healthy, they put Gorges on waivers to see if anyone's interested. With Chicago signing Franson, you never can tell what other teams might do. There's definitely a more likely escape from Gorges right now than there is from Moulson.

We're going to see lower shooting percentages with the amount of shooting PH wants to see but against many NHL goalies we should see an enormous amount of rebound chances.

I was VERY pleased at the number of successful pinches we saw last night and the positive offensive zone puck possession through two periods. There are certainly things to work on (2 man advantage PP, 3-on-3 OT at both ends, etc) but if last night is an indication, this is going to be a fun team to watch.

Absolutely. Very fun to watch for first time in years.

They're not going to be slow and plodding, that's for sure. I just hope they're able to keep Moulson and Gorges up in the press box on most nights. Tennyson getting the start over Gorges is very telling there, so hopefully that does in fact mean that he won't play much, especially when Bogosian is back. I wonder if/when they're healthy, they put Gorges on waivers to see if anyone's interested. With Chicago signing Franson, you never can tell what other teams might do. There's definitely a more likely escape from Gorges right now than there is from Moulson.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Gorges sent down if they have any concerns about Falk or Tennyson getting claimed.

Tennyson played well (considering his skill set) but his delayed decision to pinch in the 1st let the Habs get the puck out of the zone setting O'Reilly up for his brain fart.

Can we just get rid of the mullet goalie right now?? That was pathetic. And dont blame it on the defense. He had plenty of time to face that shot. Dreadful goaltending. Looked like a blob on the ground.

Lehner did face Eberle, but once Tennyson allowed the pass to get to Tavares there wasn't much he could do.