Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

LMAO!

For the record, please stomp the 'Hawks... I gotta live near their insufferable hockey base! :-(

Have to contain Patrick Kane! Hes on fire so far. They do have some young D though. Could be a high scoring game? Edited by thebug

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: Eichel sucks so far this season. Skating with his head up his ass. Wake me when he decides he gives a schit.

Agreed, but the whole team sucks right now. Just finished the game, and am a little in shell shock. Lets hope for the old "road trip brings everyone together" hockey BS

Three games in and the season is already over. I guess I'll just be eating my season tickets with a little vinegrette.

Murray took a stockpile of capital and turned it into Eichel and a stockpile of crap. He was worse than Whaley times Rex times Marrone times Jauron times Bylsma. Any other GM in his position has this team on the verge of perennial contender but the Sabres are starting over with one piece in place.

They have some young guys too, don't get me wrong, but Eichel is the only sure thing and a young team with a psyche in need of being built is no place for a psychotic goaltender that constantly is talking bout himself while simultaneously sucking every time he plays.

Three games in and the season is already over. I guess I'll just be eating my season tickets with a little vinegrette.

Fell bad for season ticket holders, been a bad run for you guys for 7 years. Least Bills season ticket holders get tailgates to entertain themselves.

REad this to make ya feel good at least, and once we get a 1st for Kane and 2nd for Sam , two ones and two twos maybe look good in this draft.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2018-nhl-draft-fishers-top-93-preseason-rankings/

Wow! What a game. Leafs fall behind 2-0 after 1st period, but win 4-3 in OT! Dominated the 2nd half of the game for sure!

sorta....

in today's game the visiting team plays about 98% for that tie point, they'll preserve that at all costs

so the hawks came out flying and then turned it off until the Leafs could tie it up and got their road point from the game, mission accomplished

if the Leafs had surrendered and handed the 2 regulation win points over that would have been fine as well

the visiting teams REFUSE to risk that one point, trying for 2 isn't worth it to them, the NHL keeps trying to change this

Fell bad for season ticket holders, been a bad run for you guys for 7 years. Least Bills season ticket holders get tailgates to entertain themselves.

REad this to make ya feel good at least, and once we get a 1st for Kane and 2nd for Sam , two ones and two twos maybe look good in this draft.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2018-nhl-draft-fishers-top-93-preseason-rankings/

I've had tickets since 2003 and I was always able to break even on them. I'd be guaranteed Sabres games when I came home plus any playoffs. Worked great until the Tank. I thought I could ride it out but I've lost thousands. Worst part is I think the Sabres fan base is ruined. No one cares anymore. Why would they?

when a team gets a 2 goal lead, unless it's a complete slaughter, they RAG THE PUCK and play counter-attack only until the game gets tied.

how do fans refuse to see this?

OF COURSE a team down 2-0 is going to outshoot the team with the lead, DUH

the announcers egg this on in the dumb fans who can't see the way the game is played these days....

when a team gets a 2 goal lead, unless it's a complete slaughter, they RAG THE PUCK and play counter-attack only until the game gets tied.

how do fans refuse to see this?

OF COURSE a team down 2-0 is going to outshoot the team with the lead, DUH

the announcers egg this on in the dumb fans who can't see the way the game is played these days....

So they rag the puck when they score 2, unless they score more? Got it...

sorta....

in today's game the visiting team plays about 98% for that tie point, they'll preserve that at all costs

so the hawks came out flying and then turned it off until the Leafs could tie it up and got their road point from the game, mission accomplished

if the Leafs had surrendered and handed the 2 regulation win points over that would have been fine as well

the visiting teams REFUSE to risk that one point, trying for 2 isn't worth it to them, the NHL keeps trying to change this

When you are the Chicago Blackhawks (and scored 15 goals in your first 2 games) and you are playing the Toronto Maple Leafs, you are not playing for 1 point.

My biggest problem was that after then 4th NJ goal (4-1 in the second period) they visably quit on the game. There was still plenty of time left in the game, but I saw a noticeable drop in effort in their own zone. The fans in attendance seemed to pick up on it too as the boo's started. Lack of heart this early in the season is really concerning.

While I think Eichel can and needs to do more, I'd say others are having much worse starts. O'Reilly, Risto, and Sam have been simply awful. Talk to a lot of Sabres fans and you'd think Risto was an elite top pair guy, but I just don't see it.

Also, while they have been completely screwed by their own teammates in front of them, our goaltenders are terrible.