Gillislee on the Patriot Way

stuvian

4 players versus 1. What an equal comparison.

He was a Pro Bowler his final year here.

The Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. Gilmore was a top 10 CB in the NFL. Not sure what more you can reasonably expect from a first rounder besides top 10 at a premium position. He probably won't make the HoF though. Shaq Lawson and Tre White better prepare for this fan's expectations.

OK, take the top 4 RB's of the Bills if you like. Still making less, even with Shady's contract. Which was the point.

Clearly, Gilmore was the problem with this team last year. Not Rex's stupid overly complicated "scheme" or crappy Ss. Thank God he is gone!!!

And I hate him but Tom Brady is the Patriot Way. You have possibly the greatest qb of all time who is the hardest worker on the team. When you have that combination at the top, every thing falls in line. The Patriot Way BS doesn't exist if they had Blake Bortles or Jay Cutler as their qb.

Yet, the best team in the NFL gave him a monster deal. Whose opinion should I trust more - the Pats or bitter Bills fans (not particularly aimed at you Doc, you're a good dude)? But come on, Gilmore is a really good player.

Yea, when any given year you tend to have about 2 corners off the board around the top ten picks, to be a top 5-10 corner seems to be living up to the pick.

I agree that Gilmore is a good CB. Never said otherwise. Top-10, though? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find more than a few people outside of some Bills fans and probably most Cheaters fans who would agree with that, and most probably wouldn't even know who you're talking about. I would not have given him $12M/year and to me, that's a very un-Cheaterlike move. But they had the money to spend, and as their #2 CB, he'll do well.

Who wouldnt! not my point.. i could care less about the "Patriot way" the Bills are my team.. and the Pats are good, i get it.. but i really, in all honesty , do not give a sh-t about the "Patriot way" .. JMHO

"They expect more out of you here..." :rolleyes:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Nothing (negative) about Buffalo. It’s just here, we work hard,” said the running back whom the Patriots signed as a restricted free agent in April. “Each and every day we did that at Buffalo, but here the expectations are way higher. We work a little harder.”

:sick:

"Nothing negative about Buffalo. It's just they're a bunch of jokers who don't know what hard work really is"

I've said for years that the field house and bubble were a big mistake. The weather here should be their adventive. I remember one of the Bills commenting about playing indoors during the Toronto fiasco. They were glad because he didn't like playing in the bad weather. That is so wrong. It made me think back to Talley playing in short sleeves during a blizzard.

This blows my mind

"Practicing in conditions such as Tuesday’s is something the former Bills weren’t used to in Buffalo.

“Usually, we’ll go inside the bubble for conditions like that,” Gillislee said. “But here, it’s football in those conditions, and that’s something that Coach Bill preached to the team. And we’ve just got to come out here with our cleats strapped and our helmets and chin straps and come to work.” "

Why on earth would our coaches not exploit our weather? Take your homefield advantage and toss it in the trash, why not?

I think Hogan is on the bubble this year.....not in the bubble....

Patriots have $2.5M reasons to keep him this season. Next season they'll have $3.5M reasons to let him move on.

Amendola probably stays also this season but he won't get a new contract.

OK, take the top 4 RB's of the Bills if you like. Still making less, even with Shady's contract. Which was the point.

I agree that Gilmore is a good CB. Never said otherwise. Top-10, though? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find more than a few people outside of some Bills fans and probably most Cheaters fans who would agree with that, and most probably wouldn't even know who you're talking about. I would not have given him $12M/year and to me, that's a very un-Cheaterlike move. But they had the money to spend, and as their #2 CB, he'll do well.

"They expect more out of you here..." :rolleyes:

And it's a silly one because the Pats have 3 quality RB's in their stable, as opposed to the Bills one very good RB and then trash, in a position that's traditionally injury prone.

Gilmore is absolutely top 10 by the numbers. The last 3 CB's the Pats have acquired via trade or FA? Talib, Revis and Gilmore. What's the common theme there?

'The Patriot Way'. This is an absurd moniker. They continue to win because of Belichick and Brady. Period. They are a husband (Hoodie), his wife (Marcia), and the husband's mistress (cheating) having a good time at everyone else's expense.

....guess you can hate 'em all you want, but the elites stay elite because of a finely tuned football organization, with personnel decisions becoming a prime example.....and before the yipsters chime in, it is OBVIOUS that cheating has yield FIVE Lombardi's and FOURTEEN AFCE titles....no other explanation IMO............

Well you have to ask yourself why has New England had a run at least twice as dominant as the greatest dynasties of NFL history? When do you see a new level of performance that totally dwarfs the last great teams by that much? You don't see it. So either the Patriots are a new advanced species of humans, or they have a secret sauce.

....they are reluctantly just that good from top to bottom...from ADMIN TO THE FIELD....hate, deny, squawk, "cheater yap", or whatever, hard to deny they are NOT good.....tell me otherwise truthfully.....SOB's....painful but true.................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....they are reluctantly just that good from top to bottom...from ADMIN TO THE FIELD....hate, deny, squawk, "cheater yap", or whatever, hard to deny they are NOT good.....tell me otherwise truthfully.....SOB's....painful but true.................

Lance Armstrong was pretty frickin amazing too. Just saying.

The most depressing article I've read about the Bills in awhile. :angry:

They asked him, and he told them what they needed to hear. The guys we signed probably have great things to say about our team. It's propaganda. I think Gillislee should be thanking the Bills for taking him off the scrap heap and giving him the chance to move onto the Patriots.

My theory is that when Brady goes down, and he will go down at some point, the Patriots will become an ordinary decent team.

Well you have to ask yourself why has New England had a run at least twice as dominant as the greatest dynasties of NFL history? When do you see a new level of performance that totally dwarfs the last great teams by that much? You don't see it. So either the Patriots are a new advanced species of humans, or they have a secret sauce.

They have Tom Brady.

They don't have superior talent. They have the greatest qb ever and a really good coach. The rest of their roster is comparable to the rest of the NFL. Again, if the Bills and Pats switch qbs, we are SB contenders.

Patriots are 11-6 when Brady hasn't been at QB. I agree with you that they don't have superior talent. What they do have is a system of coaching, player participation, and performance that is second to none.

They don't fall apart when Brady's out. They were 3-1 and Brissett had a broken thumb when they lost to us. Can't say how good Garoppolo/Brissett truly are, but Cassel is a large part of that record and he's nothing special.

They asked him, and he told them what they needed to hear. The guys we signed probably have great things to say about our team. It's propaganda. I think Gillislee should be thanking the Bills for taking him off the scrap heap and giving him the chance to move onto the Patriots.

My theory is that when Brady goes down, and he will go down at some point, the Patriots will become an ordinary decent team.

They have Tom Brady.

I've thought that before as well. Everything works better with the greatest QB of all time. Belichick was nothing special until he was gifted a QB in the 6th round.

'The Patriot Way'. This is an absurd moniker. They continue to win because of Belichick and Brady. Period. They are a husband (Hoodie), his wife (Marcia), and the husband's mistress (cheating) having a good time at everyone else's expense.

I agree. Brady has a lot more to do with winning than practicing in bad weather.

And it's a silly one because the Pats have 3 quality RB's in their stable, as opposed to the Bills one very good RB and then trash, in a position that's traditionally injury prone.

Gilmore is absolutely top 10 by the numbers. The last 3 CB's the Pats have acquired via trade or FA? Talib, Revis and Gilmore. What's the common theme there?

Yeah, they have 3 quality backup RBs, none of whom have ever started and/or been able to stay healthy a whole season, now that they've let their workhorse go. The Bills have a HOF-caliber starting RB and have been able to replace their backup RBs with ease the past 3 years. Not that the Cheaters need great RB's, but the point, again, is that the Bills are spending less on RB's than the Cheaters are. Trying to argue otherwise is what is truly silly.

Maybe by contract numbers he's top 10. And Talib and Revis were essentially 1-year essentially rentals. Gilmore's there for at least 3, maybe 4, years, with that $40M guaranteed.

Patriots are 11-6 when Brady hasn't been at QB. I agree with you that they don't have superior talent. What they do have is a system of coaching, player participation, and performance that is second to none.

They don't fall apart when Brady's out. They were 3-1 and Brissett had a broken thumb when they lost to us. Can't say how good Garoppolo/Brissett truly are, but Cassel is a large part of that record and he's nothing special.

11-6 is worlds apart from winning 5 Super Bowls. They never have won a playoff game without Brady, minus his first season.

They have Tom Brady.

And Ernie Adams.

I am so sick of hearing about the Patriots cheating I could puke. Move on people. So what, everyone looks for an edge, New England is better in all phases of the game currently. Either beat them or shut up and watch Happy Days reruns.

I am so sick of hearing about some defending the P*ts cheating I could puke on some people. The emperor wears no clothes. It is not just individual games but they have a dedicated person to get inside information. Either admit you are a P*ts fan or go watch X-Files.

Edited by Limeaid

"Nothing (negative) about Buffalo. It’s just here, we work hard,” said the running back whom the Patriots signed as a restricted free agent in April. “Each and every day we did that at Buffalo, but here the expectations are way higher. We work a little harder"

hqdefault.jpg