UDFA WR Daikiel Shorts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere. Reporters saying TE's all look bad and the team isn't happy about it. O'Leary looking really bad. They were talking about it on John Murphy and online. McDermott also concerned about Clay's knee issues. If he goes down we are really in trouble, we don't have depth at that position

i will have to go give a listen in the wgr vault

I heard about the Clay knee draining issues but hadnt heard anything specifically that the TE's were bad

...we're due for a Kyle like "diamond in the rough find".......thought it may have been the Listenbee kid, but injuries derailed his shot...and Powell had a stupid attack........

If we're due for a Kyle like "diamond in the rough find " I hope its Peterman

Possum fritter casserole?

Don't know a damn thing about Shorts. Why the OTA buzz? I mean I'm sure he got a good look as Zay & Sammy were nursing injuries, but what did he do besides catch balls thrown to him?

More like Roadkill Festival...you bring it, we cook it...(that is BTW, a real festival held in WV...)

He was the reliable, possession slot receiver. He probably would have had a lot better stats/career if he had a better QB throwing to him. Skyler Howard got by on pure grit, but he was a below average ability QB. Howard would almost get his receivers killed by overthrowing simple 10-15 yard crossing patterns.

Shorts was a good receiver but he was kind of in Shelton Gibson's and Kevin White's brother's shadow at WVU. I loved the signing.

Edited by EersN'Bills

WVU product Daikiel Shorts is getting a lot of buzz from OTAs. Any WVU/Big 12 fans out there familiar with him? Kind of excited about his chances.

Bills UDFA WR Daikiel Shorts has strong chance to crack 53-man roster

https://t.co/9NA2CxO80l

West Virginia related recipes also welcome

There's nothing in this link that says Shorts is getting a lot of buzz from OTA's. I haven't heard anything about him.

Is there an actual report from OTA's that mentions Shorts in a positive light?

Could be some tough cuts to make at WR. I'm hoping that there are better options than Holmes so that they can get that comp pick next year.

I think Holmes is a more complete version of the guy he's replacing Justin Hunter. As outside being the redzone threat that Hunter was he's also a very good special teams player.

I think Holmes is a more complete version of the guy he's replacing Justin Hunter. As outside being the redzone threat that Hunter was he's also a very good special teams player.

I agree. But if he's going to be the 4th WR (assuming they sign Maclin and Jones is the 3rd), I'd rather have the 3rd round comp pick.

And again, maybe you release him before week 10.