Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Terrible argument.

It's not a terrible argument as their are many ways you can succeed in the NFL. Dallas was #23 in passing yards last year. However, the two teams that played in the Super Bowl were #3 and #4 in passing yards last year.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a terrible argument as their are many ways you can succeed in the NFL. Dallas was #23 in passing yards last year. However, the two teams that played in the Super Bowl were #3 and #4 in passing yards last year.

And the year before that the two teams that played in the Super Bowl were #14 & #24 in passing yards. It's never about 1 aspect of the team, which I'm sure you know based on the beginning of your post.

His argument was Bills should not improve passing game because New Orleans had a good passing game but a bad team.

If you can't understand how weak that is I can't help you.

Jeff thank you for the clarification

So you dont think that while you point out the importance of passing yards in relevence to your arguement and then someone points out that a QB that has the amount of passing yards you find important....but does not win.

You dont find this a important part of the arguement sir?

Time for a break from our Holy Grail WR....

Who else likes anchovies besides me?

I'm gonna make an appetizer tomorrow for a party (horse race)

Toasted baguette slices

Ricotta

Fresh Rosemary

Fresh Parsley

Minced and carmelized garlic

Fresh ground green peppercorm

Kosher salt

10 anchovies

Mix it all together and spread on the baguette toasts

Sounds really good. Ya think?

201 yards a game. 3rd Last in the NFL. Only the Rams and 49ers were worse.

Passing yards aren't nearly as important as keeping interceptions low if you're talking about making the playoffs:

2016 - 5 of the top 10 passing yard leaders made the playoffs.

7 of the top 10 interception leaders made the playoffs.

2015 - 3 of the top 10 passing yard leaders made the playoffs.

8 of the top 10 interception leaders made the playoffs.

2014 - 5 of the top 10 passing yard leaders made the playoffs.

9 of the top 12 interception leaders made the playoffs (there were 5 teams tied at 12 interceptions, so I had to expand)

So in total 13/30 top 10 passing yards leaders made the playoffs (43.3%). While 24/32 top 10 interceptions leaders made the playoffs (75.0%).

You're looking at the wrong stats jeff.

Edited by HappyDays

Passing yards aren't nearly as important as keeping interceptions low if you're talking about making the playoffs:

2016 - 5 of the top 10 passing yard leaders made the playoffs. 7 of the top 10 interception leaders made the playoffs.

2015 - 3 of the top 10 passing yard leaders made the playoffs. 8 of the top 10 interception leaders made the playoffs.

2014 - 5 of the top 10 passing yard leaders made the playoffs. 9 of the top 12 interception leaders made the playoffs (there were 5 teams tied at 12 interceptions, so I had to expand)

So in total 13/30 top 10 passing yards leaders made the playoffs (43.3%). While 24/32 top 10 interceptions leaders made the playoffs (75.0%).

You're looking at the wrong stats jeff.

You bullys leave jeff alone....he is entitled to his opinion

Toasted baguette slices

Ricotta

Fresh Rosemary

Fresh Parsley

Kosher salt

10 anchovies

Much better than 144 pages about an overrated WR that the Bills decided not to throw stupid $ at!

You bullys leave jeff alone....he is entitled to his opinion

....which the masses are trying to ignore.....Mahomes not in Buffalo is a life altering experience.....and it has ratcheted up Obnoxious 101 to new levels....what is membership on the KC MB's anyway?.....

His argument was Bills should not improve passing game because New Orleans had a good passing game but a bad team.

If you can't understand how weak that is I can't help you.

Except that wasn't my argument at all. I was mocking you, but you're just too dense to realize it.

This is what I've been saying in this thread. If we get Maclin, this is possibly the MOST POTENT offense Bills have had since Kelly's K-GUN days. Loaded in skill positions, add to that a VERY GOOD Offensive Line. We've never had it this good man!

Now you all have to remember that when Dennison and Kubiak first went to Denver they TRIED to get TT as backup but Bills won out. They know something we haven't seen. So Dennison MAY KNOW how to get more out of TT in passing game, and that's MY BIGGEST HOPE for this season. It's not that McD will fix the discipline issues, or Watkins staying healthy, that last years' rooks will improve. It's that TT will improve given the obvious value Dennison and Kubiak placed on Tyrod.

Many a coach has seen something in a player and thought they could turn them into something more...many have also failed.

Just because Dennison sees something in Tyrod does not mean that he will get him to improve.

Pfffff....we gone way pass dat

especially if the Mods merge the other spinoff maclin threads with the beheamoth.

But that would be the easy way. Like when Joanie and Chachi just ended up back on Happy Days.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Many a coach has seen something in a player and thought they could turn them into something more...many have also failed.

Just because Dennison sees something in Tyrod does not mean that he will get him to improve.

Even he doesn't improve and reverts back to 2015 (healthy Sammy,Hogie & Bobby) we are in much better place, no?

Our defense, with exception of Reggie (also my name btw), is best suited for 4-3 & Nickel pkgs. Better kicker. Better depth on O-line. Better depth at WR. Only negative I see is schedule looks brutal as of this posting but not insurmountable.

My Sister's college roommate talked to her uncle who is a custodian at the Kansas City gym where JMac works out in the offseason. He said that Jeremy has good chromosomes, and that he always flings his dirty towels into the bin rather than just leave them around the locker room floor. Also, Mac always wipes down him machine after he is finished using it. Good guy.

I'll post more insider stuff as it comes into the news room.

Toasted baguette slices

Ricotta

Fresh Rosemary

Fresh Parsley

Kosher salt

10 anchovies

I love anchovies and this sounds delicious. Are you hosting the party? What's the scoop? I need the insider details.