Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, anyway, it has a lot to do with the water profile. Great for making dough. Personal experience since leaving is that it is far more difficult to replicate the pizza than it is the wings.

Interesting

as I see it...our sauce has a sweetness to it unlike other pizzas. Its thick and with a crust that has a little pull to it (as opposed to NYC/Italian crispy). Cup pepperoni that has little pools of grease in it are another signature of it and holy ****, I better stop before I go and order some :lol:

Sounds great. Making me hungry.

There's a few things, mostly that the crust has perfect thickness--between that of think crust and deep dish. Also, the sauce is a bit sweeter in general.

The hidden secret, however, is something that most people don't know...it's literally in the water.

When I worked in the restaurant industry, we sent our head chef to a national convention. At the convention, each of the chefs was given water from 100 cities around the country to use to make mini pizza crusts using a stock flour mixture. The crusts made with Buffalo water were almost unanimously chosen as the best.

Indeed...see above

Wow. That would never have occurred to me.

IMHO, the pizza in buffalo is second to none. i gather that most that grew up in buffalo would feel the same. moved away 9 years ago and and i miss it and sorry i took it for granted. i dont think there is any "bad pizza" in buffalo.. i am on the outskirts of philly and the pizza here tastes like sh-t. to attempt to answer your question about why buffalo pizza is special, i would submit its the consistency of the crust and sauce. the crust is not like the cardboard that passes off for NYC pizza or the doughy chicago style.

When I was in Philadelphia I didn't have any pizza, apparently I didn't miss much.

I think NYC pizza is overrated. I like it, but I don't see what the big deal is.

As for Chicago, I love their deep dish pizza. Had a great experience at Lou Malnati's in Chicago, delicious!

This is a sad,sad thing. You announced the Listenbee pick and you have NEVER BEEN TO BUFFALO?! You must, immediately, remedy this situation.

In terms of the food, the reports of excellent pizza are true, but Wings and beef on weck are the cuisine WNY is most known for. As such, there are a lot of places that do them well as a source of pride...and tourist dollars. Pizza, like most all North American cities, is a staple of diet in Buffalo. And, like most all North American cities, there are a number of restaurants that excel in making great pizza.

Yeah, Ken "Pinto Ron" Johnson has been on my case about coming to Buffalo for a game. Which I plan to do next year, since there won't be any west coast trips for the Bills.

Thank you all for your comments. When I go to Buffalo, you can all remind me of where to go.

And if any of you ever visit the Bay Area, come on down to San Jose, and I'll take you to my favorite pizzerias.

As of Thursday, Maclin remained unsigned and was visiting the Baltimore Ravens. He left Baltimore without a contract and will take some time to decide his future.

"Just a quick note on the Jeremy Maclin visit yesterday," Bills coach Sean McDermott said. "We had a nice visit. Jeremy and I as well as some other members of our staff overlapped in Philadelphia for a couple of years there. Jeremy's a very good person and a good football player, and that's all I'm going to say at this point. I really don't want to get into the other parts of it. I just want to keep that between us and the player at this point."