Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offer Rumors

Grant Gilchrest (@Gilchrestsports)

6/7/17, 2:10 PM

@StevieL34 @ChrisBrownBills I'm hearing bills offer was 1 yr $4.5 mil with 2nd year team option for 9.5mil. Maclin looking to secure multi year deal in the 7 mil range

Interesting that the first year is relatively low when we have plenty of cap space.

Offer Rumors

@StevieL34 @ChrisBrownBills I'm hearing bills offer was 1 yr $4.5 mil with 2nd year team option for 9.5mil. Maclin looking to secure multi year deal in the 7 mil range

Well, technically that's a 2 year offer worth $14M

Offer Rumors

If true, does this mean the Bills lowballed Maclin?

Offer Rumors

Pretty sure this is a fake account. It has 16 followers and is just repeating news from other sources. and it also has only been on Twitter for 2 months.

Edited by Jamie Nails

Not sure he's gonna get that in Baltimore, unless they backload the contract.

Nope, he will not. I don't blame him for wanting a multi-year deal but looking at the realistic options here. I can see him wanting to play with Flacco but after him, Tyrod then who? Mike Glennon in Chicago and an aging Carson Palmer in Arizona that has a deep threat in John Brown and J.J. Nelson.

Would an experienced GM allow all the smiley face posts on the official team web site about Maclin's visit and how McCoy was doing all the recruiting and everything was rainbows and unicorns if a deal wasn't done?

Does that really sound like someone with experience to you? Not to me.

It sounds like a rookie who is about to make one of his best players look like a fool while letting down the fan base. And he made public his desire to get a new WR while not exactly treating our best receiver well. And there is nothing to show for any of it.

Does that sound like someone with experience to you? Be honest.

I'm not saying he won't improve. He probably will. We all need to learn hard lessons at some point and this looks like his first one.

Yes, we know dude, we're dooooomed. You just keep on picking those nits, one of these days you'll be right about it all...

Offer Rumors

Better book that flight then....

Back to food please I'm getting hungry again

FWIW, the last couple times I've been home we've gone to Ristorante Lombardo - that place is banging! Great food, they make a fine cocktail, good ambience, awesome staff and really nice owners, all one could want in a restaurant.

And it's right near Terrapin Station if you need to re-up on any tie-dye or incense!

OK, I'm hungry now - either sign Maclin, or let's all break for dinner...