Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Try to track down the Magic Seasoning Blend's Salmon Seasoning. It is one of the best things to ever happen to salmon. It is Chef Paul's seasoning (and also a client of ours).

Thanks,I`ll try.Later off to the rural king store. Yeah I`m a redneck that doesnt wear camo. 80% here do. Looks like duck dynasty ville.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question??? Is Bob Woods good enough to be the number 2 receiving option on a championship team? I say No...but I haven't researched it either!

Chris hogan was. Woods is better than hogan. Could he be the #2 on a championship team that doesn't have Tom Brady? Maybe not

Yep, being greedy, but now sign Barnage and either Byrd or Revis for safety and we can compete with NE.

BTW, you guys are making me so homesick with this Buffalo talk. Had to move out of WNY after college for job reasons (as a lot of people do), but maybe retire back there? Sell CT house, buy Buffalo one. 6 months in Buffalo, 6 months in my Florida house sounds pretty ideal!!

I don't think Byrd or Revis help very much

Shady is quickly becoming one of my favorite Bills ever... He's got a great personality, seems to be a great teammate, he's advocating for the city, and he can flat out ball... B-)

Plus, he's starting to grow up a bit. Seems more laid back and willing to let his full personality show. And let's be honest, how likable was Kelly's personality at 29? Great to see.

Very intriguing. Any reports of him willing to make the switch?

I read he was willing to play for Veterans Minimum to redeem himself. A lot of CBs switch over to safety as they get older. I think he'd have a chance to thrive at free safety given his ball skills. His tackling isn't great, so, it would have to be free safety. Any way you look at it, at or around veterans minimum, there's no risk. With all the skill on offense, Barnage may be overkill at this point.

92 pages on a guy we haven't signed, coming off a 44 catch, 536 yard season, boasting a single Pro Bowl appearance in 7 NFL seasons...

September 10th can't get here soon enough.

Maclin > Tate/Brown/Hunter/Goodwin/woods?

I really hope it is more than just a 1 year deal. I hate the one year deals because they tend to come back and bite you (Brown).

Put in a structure that has years but Options to you can get out easy but also have term. He is young enough to do like a 3 year deal that way.

If the player wants a 1 year deal there's nothing we can do about it. You can't force him to sign.

92 pages on a guy we haven't signed, coming off a 44 catch, 536 yard season, boasting a single Pro Bowl appearance in 7 NFL seasons...

On of the reasons why Buffalo is the best sports town in the world. We also always lead in NHL ratings too, for what it's worth

You obviously overlooked the 10 pages of food and food prep posts.

Just heard on NFL Network...

Maclin Cancelled Visit with Baltimore today and is negotiating contract with Buffalo now

If the player wants a 1 year deal there's nothing we can do about it. You can't force him to sign.

But you can structure that 3 year to make it more meaningful for him

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

My complaint about Buffalo is the lack of diversity when it comes to food. In California, for example, you don't go to a 'Chinese' restaurant. You go to a Szechuan (spicy!), Taiwanese, Hakka, Cantonese or whatever restaurant. Same with Mexican - many restaurants have regional orientations - Oaxacan (mole!) or whatever - and are often quite authentic. In my experience, Latin and Asian food in Buffalo tends to be generic and Americanized.

In bigger cities you can find virtually any cuisine. In the past couple years here in Seattle I've eaten Eritrean, Malaysian, Goan (very different than other Indian), Filipino, Peruvian, Tibetan, Russian, Guamese, and Colombian food at local restaurants - just to name a few. And these restaurants provide interesting menu choices: beetles that smell like flowers from Vietnam, brain tacos, spicy Szechuan chicken feet, marinated beef tendons, Cambodian boiled fertile duck egg, and so on. The menu diversity in major West Coast cities is immense.

But I only visit Buffalo once every 3 or 4 years so I don't the city as well as I could. And I do grant that the pizza and wings in Buffalo are excellent.

So - to tie this up - I hope Maclin likes pizza and wings.

No way...Buffalo has old school italian, the best pizza, wings that are classic (crispy and saucy) and a great assortment of other foods (fish fry, hot dogs, sausage, Broadway Market, etc.). It's a different style of food...more Americana than the new age stuff.

I think the distinction would be between "Buffalo" dishes, which typically just involve hot sauce and bleu cheese and can be found nationwide, and the actual food selection in Buffalo. There are many different restaurants, festivals, food trucks, etc., and they provide a great variety from what I have experienced.

Buffalo has a strong influence of different cultures specifically Italian and Polish. It also has that old school mentality so it's foods remain fairly traditional. There isn't a ton of fusion and innovation. It's just classically prepared.

I have spent a decade in New Orleans, which is arguably the food capital of the world (certainly on a per capita basis) and there are certain things that I still miss. You can't find a hot dog to compare to Ted's, wings to compare to about 100 places, chicken fingers at Jim's, etc... Buffalo has GREAT late night food. The really good restaurants (Sinatra's comes to mind) would be really good restaurants in any city in the country. Your entrees wouldn't be $45 each though; they'd be like $27. I think that the food in Buffalo is one of the biggest surprises to people that move to WNY. I think that people think rust belt and assume the worst. Some of those places (specifically Cleveland) are booming culinary cities. Chefs like Michael Symon, Jonathan Sawyer and Zach Burrell have remade that whole place along with LeBron.

Edited by hondo in seattle