Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? is this really your approach to find something to be upset about?

Hey I'm in favor of getting Maclin. Go look at page 1. But the cap space leaves much to be desired for a team that's NOT contending. One of the main criticism of Whaley era was lack of cap space. Granted, we SPENT expecting playoffs and we didn't get it. So now what's the strategy? still spend like there's no tomorrow?

That makes NO SENSE if you're not expecting playoffs to spend all your cap. Take a look at teams with more cap space than us. Packers, Pats, Steelers, Dolphins, Cards. All playoff teams.

So what's going to be the spin? This is a mediocre team at close to cap space? Are we a playoff team?

I've seen Tom Petty 8 or 9 times over the years. Always a fantastic show.

"The Bills now have a full 90-man roster, meaning if they want to sign Maclin they will have to make another roster move."

so cut one of the camp fodder bodies. Big deal.

Yes

But I thought we couldn't sign our draft picks if we matched the Mike Gillislee contract and now we have $12M??? I feel shocked. :flirt:

Does it concern anyone else that Maclin rarely creates any separation.........considering that Tyrod is reluctant to throw to covered receivers?

I mean, he's decent on contested passes........for his size.......but he reminds me of a smaller, less physical late-career Eric Moulds.

Never been a fan of Maclin......Alex Smith probably got the best out of him.

Hey I'm in favor of getting Maclin. Go look at page 1. But the cap space leaves much to be desired for a team that's NOT contending. One of the main criticism of Whaley era was lack of cap space. Granted, we SPENT expecting playoffs and we didn't get it. So now what's the strategy? still spend like there's no tomorrow?

That makes NO SENSE if you're not expecting playoffs to spend all your cap. Take a look at teams with more cap space than us. Packers, Pats, Steelers, Dolphins, Cards. All playoff teams.

So what's going to be the spin? This is a mediocre team at close to cap space? Are we a playoff team?

Cards-we blew them out last season. Miami-if the defense showed up the Bills would have been the WC, not Miami. "Spend like there is no tomorrow"-is this a joke?

But I thought we couldn't sign our draft picks if we matched the Mike Gillislee contract and now we have $12M??? I feel shocked. :flirt:

Does it concern anyone else that Maclin rarely creates any separation.........considering that Tyrod is reluctant to throw to covered receivers?

I mean, he's decent on contested passes........for his size.......but he reminds me of a smaller, less physical late-career Eric Moulds.

Huh, that's not how I view him at all. He didn't get separation last year because (I think) they run a horizontal offense in KC and he had some kind of lower body injury. But IIRC in Philly he used to get separation all of the time, especially on mid-range in-breaking routes.

Well next year without the addition of Maclin(if he does become a Bill) and his contract, the Bills will have 23.5 million of cap space if everything was to stay where it is at. Which we will also need to take into account if they Bills either, let Sammy walk, tag him, re-sign him, or tag him and restructure. I mean it's not 50-60 million of cap space like the Pats had this past off-season but it isn't terrible.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2018/

Edited by Captain Murica

we should start a petition.

The Anti Maclins do have some valid points. as much a that pains me.

This is more a russ brandon vibe. Fans get stoked about a potential signing like this. That is cool really.

But I do want to consider the deal that will need to be made to "get " him.

In my gut I think this would be fantastic.

Logic and reason are trying awful hard to restrain me

What does "logic and reason" tell you when you think about our current roster of WR's and just staying put and go into the season with only them, as opposed to having Maclin join them?

hard to evaluate off last year because he was hurt.

I think he needs to be looked at overall.....to me he is a "robert wood type" receiver.

Which is not a bad thing.

Well next year without the addition of Maclin(if he does become a Bill) and his contract, the Bills will have 23.5 million of cap space if everything was to stay where it is at. Which we will also need to take into account if they Bills either, let Sammy walk, tag him, re-sign him, or tag him and restructure. I mean it's not 50-60 million of cap space like the Pats had this past off-season but it isn't terrible.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2018/

When you consider no long term Franchise QB on this roster yeah it really bad.

hard to evaluate off last year because he was hurt.

I think he needs to be looked at overall.....to me he is a "robert wood type" receiver.

Which is not a bad thing.

Maclin is better than Woods. Maclin is a true number two type.

To be fair....can we agree that Tyrod Taylor is easily a better overall quarterback then Rob Johnson was in every way to include working to get the respect of his teamates?

I wasn't in any way shape or fort saying RJ was good just that he too may have had an arm.

We need more than JAG.

To date imo TT is JAG.

We need short, middle and deep passing to the whole receiver corps and not special considerations for Sammy.

17 seasons going and the excuses remain the same.