Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is an excellent point made by Yolo! :thumbsup:

I also feel like we need some competition for Sammy. As a matter of fact, I want all our receivers competing for targets. I don't know that I've seen that kind of effort on the field.

LOL Maclin as competition for Sammy.

Like Don Beebe was competition for Reed.

I think this is an excellent point made by Yolo! :thumbsup:

I also feel like we need some competition for Sammy. As a matter of fact, I want all our receivers competing for targets. I don't know that I've seen that kind of effort on the field.

What the bills need to do is create a talent pool that allows players to miss games if they get knicked up and heal.....I REALLY have this bad feeling that Sammy should not have been playing last year and got pushed onto the field because we had NOBODY at times.....

I want 100 percent Sammy....not whatever was getting trotted out on the field last year. What is the point in that?

if he signs, I think what could happen is it would push Sammy. Watkins has never had any competition for the #1wr spot. He stepped on the field as a rookie as clearly the best WR on the team. Stevie was traded the day after he was drafted. His role has never been questioned since the day he joined the team. Now, I still believe that if Maclin is added that Sammy is still the best WR on the team and would still be considered the #1. But it would be the 1st time since he's been here that there was anyone who had the ability or experience as a #1 to push him (better make sure he's out there or Maclin will get the targets, not him), and to mentor him.

Good post..

Your point being?

"Two years varsity...I'm in the best shape of my life."

..and then soon realizes he's wrong.

LOL Maclin as competition for Sammy.

Like Don Beebe was competition for Reed.

Sammy is better as I clearly stated. Maclin can push him because he can take away targets from him if he's more available to TT both in practice and games. They want competition at every position. Sammy has never had anyone close to being able to challenge him. I think it's a little like burying your head in the sand if you don't think the new regime is trying to light a fire under this highly talented player to decide if he's going to deliver on a mega contract. Edited by YoloinOhio

Maybe its just me, but each time I go to read a thread on here and see all the "Experts" I get the impression this is the guy typing those "I watch the all 22" comments.

4715249_11.jpeg

It's not just you. :lol:

I hated that I've become on of these fans but I just feel like we're being used for leverage. It's hard to think his agent would settle for the first offer. Sadly, the Bills have a rep of being a leverage team.

Do they? Who used them for leverage? Zach Brown (maybe)? I don't see the Bills swinging and missing that often. Maybe I'm forgetting people but I don't feel like the Bills get used very often. They elect to let guys walk often but I don't have the sense that they are constantly chasing guys that shop the offer elsewhere.

Do they? Who used them for leverage? Zach Brown (maybe)? I don't see the Bills swinging and missing that often. Maybe I'm forgetting people but I don't feel like the Bills get used very often. They elect to let guys walk often but I don't have the sense that they are constantly chasing guys that shop the offer elsewhere.

Tyson Clabo was one I remember, though that was a good thing.

I love Buffalo and the Bills. But it seems hard to believe it would be a veteran "star" type player's 1st option especially without an elite type qb.

Tyson Clabo was one I remember, though that was a good thing.

I love Buffalo and the Bills. But it seems hard to believe it would be a veteran "star" type player's 1st option especially without an elite type qb.

Dude just had Alex smith, not exactly elite, we have one of his good friends, and a coach he has known most of his career. If the money is right I think we have a good shot