Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

He's had great receivers for the two years he's been starting. He's also had one of the best running backs in football.

If Maclin were younger, I'd be all for this - with the belief that we'll have a new QB next year via the draft. Even if it's via FA, I'm confident that McBeano will upgrade at QB next year. I just think we're a couple seasons from being a legitimately good football team. And Maclin will be at the end of his career by then.

Love you Gug.....but tolololololol here

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same way. Earlier in the offseason I thought the Bills were a 5-6 win team. Since the draft, if they add Maclin or Barnidge, they will have potentially added 5 starters & a 2018 1st (White, Jones, Dawkins, Maclin, and Hodges). It's pretty rare to add THAT much at that point of the offseason. That makes your depth better as well. All of a sudden your LB depth is good, your WR depth is good and your OL depth is there. It's not crazy to think that they can be a 10 win team (at all).

Well, there is still the fact that we have no idea about SM's ability to be a game-day coach. It would also depend on the secondary not losing someone like Hyde or Darby. Overall, they are going to need some luck on the injury front this year to have a shot. At any rate, it doesn't take much to get me on board the crazy train...

I am looking towards the future. Guys like Maclin and Barnidge don't fit in those plans as they are short term gaps to fill positions while we accumulate younger players who can contribute. If Sammy was healthy and durable. I rather have Barnidge on a 1 yr deal vs Maclin for 2-3 yrs. However, with the questions surrounding Sammy who will be gone after this year if he fails to stay on the field. Maclin can fill that spot temporarily and reason why i lean that way. Both players have had injury concerns so it makes sense to me to double down at that position.

However, this team has a long way to go. Breaking the playoff streak is important to some people but for me building a super bowl roster that can contend for years is where I would want the Bills focused on. Brady can't play forever but for now he is there and I don't see anyone knocking them off the AFC east barring injuries and even then Patriots have shown they are resilient.

WTF are you talking about? LOL. You're overanalyzing this. Why would you want a far superior player to a mediocre one hit wonder? Makes no sense! If you want an average player over an above average player, that's cool.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

He's had great receivers for the two years he's been starting. He's also had one of the best running backs in football.

If Maclin were younger, I'd be all for this - with the belief that we'll have a new QB next year via the draft. Even if it's via FA, I'm confident that McBeano will upgrade at QB next year. I just think we're a couple seasons from being a legitimately good football team. And Maclin will be at the end of his career by then.

In 2016 we had 8 different receivers start at least 1 game and 0 of them played in all 16 games. Over the past 2 years, the only WR to play in 16 games in a single season on the Bills was Chris Hogan.

Here's every WR over the past 2 years:

Robert Woods - 19 Starts, 27 Games Played

Sammy Watkins - 21 Starts, 21 Games Played

Marquise Goodwin - 9 Starts, 17 Games Played

Chris Hogan - 4 Starts, 16 Games Played

Brandon Tate - 1 Start, 15 Games Played

Marcus Easley - 0 Starts, 13 Games Played

Justin Hunter - 5 Starts, 12 Games Played

Walt Powell - 2 Starts, 9 Games Played

Percy Harvin - 6 Starts, 7 Games Played

Greg Salas - 1 Start, 4 Games Played

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

In 2016 we had 8 different receivers start at least 1 game and 0 of them played in all 16 games. Over the past 2 years, the only WR to play in 16 games in a single season on the Bills was Chris Hogan.

Here's every WR over the past 2 years:

Robert Woods - 19 Starts, 27 Games Played

Sammy Watkins - 21 Starts, 21 Games Played

Marquise Goodwin - 9 Starts, 17 Games Played

Chris Hogan - 4 Starts, 16 Games Played

Brandon Tate - 1 Start, 15 Games Played

Marcus Easley - 0 Starts, 13 Games Played

Walt Powell - 2 Starts, 9 Games Played

Percy Harvin - 6 Starts, 7 Games Played

Greg Salas - 1 Start, 4 Games Played

Don't forget about Hunter.

The ones who played the most were open ALL SEASON LONG. They did their jobs.

Charles Clay led the team last year with 3 drops.

Open receivers just didn't get opportunities.

Now everyone wants a more expensive open receiver ... who won't get opportunities.

Don't forget about Hunter.

The ones who played the most were open ALL SEASON LONG. They did their jobs.

Charles Clay led the team last year with 3 drops.

Open receivers just didn't get opportunities.

Now everyone wants a more expensive open receiver ... who won't get opportunities.

I accidentally skipped the great Hunter, :oops: he's been added. Many times they were 'open' because they ran the wrong route, but that's okay.

i love that i finally click into this thread and the only thing i see is one classically HORRIBLE post getting quoted with gifs and memes just owning it.....

lol.... that made my day. one whole page quoting just lambasting a downright awful post.

as for maclin.... i think it could only be a good addition and amazing depth for the right price. i doubt he'll be satisfied with that price though, and i'm sure somebody with some available money will give him a bit more than he's worth.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

i love that i finally click into this thread and the only thing i see is one classically HORRIBLE post getting quoted with gifs and memes just owning it.....

lol.... that made my day. one whole page quoting just lambasting a downright awful post.

Ha. Lol. Lmfao.

So tell me ... how does it make sense to you, for the Bills to overspend on a 29-year-old receiver, when the Bills' GM has done, said and not said everything that points to him not wanting TT as the QB.

Do you think the Bills are one WR away from being a contender?

Do you think that a team going into a season with a rookie HC and a rookie GM legitimately has a shot to win in the NFL?

Do you think the Bills have replaced everyone they cut with equally talented players? Or did they replace with the draft, AKA unproven players?

You tell me how Jeremy Maclin makes the offense better than last year. And also tell me how the defense is suddenly better ... but give me more than, "they got rid of the Ryans."

Ha. Lol. Lmfao.

So tell me ... how does it make sense to you, for the Bills to overspend on a 29-year-old receiver, when the Bills' GM has done, said and not said everything that points to him not wanting TT as the QB.

Do you think that a team going into a season with a rookie HC and a rookie GM legitimately has a shot to win in the NFL?

Do you think the Bills have replaced everyone they cut with equally talented players? Or did they replace with the draft, AKA unproven players?

You tell me how Jeremy Maclin makes the offense better than last year. And also tell me how the defense is suddenly better ... but give me more than, "they got rid of the Ryans."

What does any of that have to do with the Bills having "great receivers" the past 2 years? When you see that list I gave you do you honestly think 'great'? Especially when only one has actually played a full season without missing time?

Ha. Lol. Lmfao.

Why is it overspending? What if he comes on a cheap, 1 year deal?

No, but it doesn't hurt

You are acting like it's never been done before

Not today, but what if Zay Jones is better than Bobby Woods? White is a first round talent CB for a reason...

We would go from having Bobby Woods, Goodwin, Hunter, Powell to Watkins, Maclin, Jones, Holmes. Hopefully have Dareus for the whole year, Hughes back to a 4-3 where he had lots of success, Lawson proves why he was a 1st rd pick, and Ragland becomes a good LB, Darby back to year 1 form.

What does any of that have to do with the Bills having "great receivers" the past 2 years? When you see that list I gave you do you honestly think 'great'? Especially when only one has actually played a full season without missing time?

Maybe related to EJ being a starting qb? Just a skewed vision of football talent? I've got nuthin' else except he's trollin'.