Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

n 2015 and 2016 combined, Joe Flacco has completed 64.7% of his passes. Tyrod Taylor has completed 62.6% of his. That’s the only passing statistic in which Flacco > Tyrod since the latter became Buffalo’s starter.

Tyrod has a better:

• TD %
  • INT %
  • Yards Per Attempt
  • Yards Per Completion
  • Adjusted Yards Per Attempt
  • QB Rating
  • Pro Football Focus QB Rating
  • ESPN QBR
  • Football Outsiders DVOA

Flacco has thrown the football more often than Tyrod, which has led to higher passing-yard totals. And, yes, the current Ravens quarterback can flash a Super Bowl ring. But as it stands today, Tyrod is a more efficient signal-caller. And most wide receivers consider quarterback quality when deciding which team to join.

and they were 8-8 and the Bills were 7-9. Both teams have about the same record the last four years.

That's exactly right. That's why Maclin picked Baltimore.

The last two seasons TT has been better in most stats. You have the article right in front of you. Both are average QBs right now.

He picked Baltimore more so because his wife is from there, and he got a two year deal.

Curious...no chance I will go back and read, but can someone explain why a thread on a Baltimore WR grew 16 pages since he signed with Baltimore on a Buffalo Bills board? LMAO...this thread was at 197 pages when he signed, its at 213 now...what the hell were those 16 pages about? Most threads about the Bills don't get to 16 pages on their own, but we have a 213 page thread that includes 16 pages since he was officially not a Bill. What on Earth are you all talking about that needs 16 more pages on a dead topic? I mean I don't care, just morbidly curious and have no interest in reading those long 16 pages, so if anyone could give me the Crib notes that would great haha

Edited by Alphadawg7

2012? We're talking more recent history here. You do know the last four seasons both organizations have almost the same record.

Dan Graziano Retweeted Matt Dimarco

Records the past four seasons: Ravens: 31-33 Bills: 30-34 #themoreyouknow

Dan Graziano added,

Matt Dimarco @mattdimarco5
Replying to @DanGrazianoESPN
Buffalo? So he would chase the money and give up any chance of having a winning career. Buffalo a hell hole lol
8:51 AM - 10 Jun 2017
27 replies203 retweets431 likes
Retweet

Curious...no chance I will go back and read, but can someone explain why a thread on a Baltimore WR grew 15 pages since he signed with Baltimore on a Buffalo Bills board? LMAO...this thread was at 197 pages when he signed, its at 213 now...what the hell were those 16 pages about? Most threads about the Bills don't get to 16 pages on their own, but we have a 213 page thread that includes 16 pages since he was officially not a Bill. What on Earth are you all talking about that needs 16 more pages on a dead topic? I mean I don't care, just morbidly curious and have no interest in reading those long 16 pages, so if anyone could give me the Crib notes that would great haha

A quick google search shows the most popular terms used in the last 16 pages are "Alphadawg", "cucumbers" and "jelly".

My sources are telling me Jeremy Maclin chose Baltimore over Buffalo based on the fact that he is a huuuge Edgar Allen Poe fan.

Makes sense. Poe spent half the 1840s in Philly. Too great of a coincidence to ignore.

But my question is why didnt anyone draw this simple conclusion BEFORE we spent 200 pages on it?

Long off season

Ha, good answer!

A quick google search shows the most popular terms used in the last 16 pages are "Alphadawg", "cucumbers" and "jelly".

Ha, better answer! Would be a better 16 page read than what ever nonsense is still going on here

Edited by Alphadawg7

Dan Graziano Retweeted Matt Dimarco

Records the past four seasons: Ravens: 31-33 Bills: 30-34 #themoreyouknow

Dan Graziano added,

Matt Dimarco @mattdimarco5
Replying to @DanGrazianoESPN
Buffalo? So he would chase the money and give up any chance of having a winning career. Buffalo a hell hole lol
8:51 AM - 10 Jun 2017
27 replies203 retweets431 likes
Retweet

Exactly.

Flacco is really living off of that hot playoff run for most of you. He's not a very good NFL QB.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1312198-flacco-isn-t-elite-he-s-one-of-the-nfl-s-worst-starting-qbs

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-5-worst-nfl-quarterback-contracts/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season/

Flacco recorded an NFL passer rating of 83.1 in 2015, which was the worst for quarterbacks with at least 400 dropbacks. In 2013, he was at 73.1, which was the worst for quarterbacks with at least 600 dropbacks.

Flacco is really living off of that hot playoff run for most of you. He's not a very good NFL QB.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1312198-flacco-isn-t-elite-he-s-one-of-the-nfl-s-worst-starting-qbs

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-5-worst-nfl-quarterback-contracts/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season/

Flacco recorded an NFL passer rating of 83.1 in 2015, which was the worst for quarterbacks with at least 400 dropbacks. In 2013, he was at 73.1, which was the worst for quarterbacks with at least 600 dropbacks.

And if he was a free agent right now at least 2 dozen teams would be fighting to make him the highest paid QB in the league

And if he was a free agent right now at least 2 dozen teams would be fighting to make him the highest paid QB in the league

You mean the same teams that made Cutler, Kapernick, Tannehill, a broken Romo, and so many others amongst the highest paid players in the league?

Yeah, because the contract size determines the skill of the QB. And I am not even down on Flacco...I am just saying thats a pretty silly case to make. Guys are grossly over paid in FA all the time, and especially at QB.

For instance...how did making Flacco the highest paid QB in the NFL work out the first time for the Ravens? Hint: Under a .500 record.

Edited by Alphadawg7