J. Byrd, L. Hall, G. Barnidge currently available.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your speaking with such authority based on inside knowledge, or just a desire to pass off your opinion as fact?

Love this argument. Someone must have inside knowledge to state the obvious these days.

Bring back A. Williams and Leodis McKelvin. Both can probably be signed for one year incentive laden contracts. I honestly thought Leodis would make a very good FS. His biggest issue was turning and locating the ball. He can run with anyone in the league and if he is square to the LOS most of the time he will make more plays on the ball.

I like Barnridge. J. Byrd is on the short list of most overrated Bills of all time. He is terrible. Even his dad probably knows that.

Love this argument. Someone must have inside knowledge to state the obvious these days.

So the "obvious" is we're looking at bargain basement guys as Kdiggs said, yet we have media reports that we hosted Barnidge. Got it.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Byrd is a mercenary from day one. A timid player who refuses to stick his nose into the tough stuff.

I don't blame him for taking the money, but he never earned it before or after the contract. He was a creation of the press.

i doubt we will get any of these guys. we are looking for the bargain basement veterans at this point

Yeah, cap is tight. We've got around $8.75 mill available after the top 51, and the Bills habit is to keep around $6 mill or so unused and available in case we need injury replacements during the season.

Whoever we get won't likely cost much.

I'll take Byrd and Barnidge please!!🤗And let's go to camp. Speaking of camp can we bring it back to SUNY Fredonia. We were in Playoffs and Super Bowls when we trained there🤔

St.John Fisher is best camp in league.

I'm down with Byrd & Barnidge but I don't think we need any more CBs or WRs. Im okay with our DEs too. Davis and Lorax will back up 55 & 90.

Byrd is a mercenary from day one. A timid player who refuses to stick his nose into the tough stuff.

I don't blame him for taking the money, but he never earned it before or after the contract. He was a creation of the press.

That's not reasonable.

He earned it before the contract. That's why the Bills gave him a very high offer.

But yeah, after the contract injuries and a scheme - Thanks, Rob Ryan!! - that never really fit him and a defense that just wasn't very good ... he didn't perform anywhere near the contract.

But he did certainly play extremely well before the contract.

He screwed with us so badly in his last season. Worse than Gilmore last year and that's saying something. He's the kind of "me first" player that no team needs.

Got a link of anyone from the Bills saying anything slightly like this? Or is it just more fan sour grapes?

Yeah, he was about the money. So are they all, really, until the second or third multi-million dollar contract when they can start thinking about hometown discounts.

Shaw66, I wish it weren't true, but the Bills have obvious concerns about Clay's knee. That's the main reason why they have brought in Barnidge for a look see. Clay is also making a boatload of money so they're in the process of evaluating that as well.

They want to sign Barnidge, but he wants to go where he can be the #1 TE and be paid like it so he's keeping his options open.

What would be the cap hit if we cut clay after the season?

Also what options would we have in free agency and the draft next year at the tight end spot if we were to cut clay?

Edited by CDogg20

Nice post CoC - good information presented in an organized way!

Clearly our roster has some holes. This gives me some hope that 1 or 2 of those holes might be plugged yet - at least partially so.

Agree. Thanks, CoC! We NEED a few more vet players.

So the "obvious" is we're looking at bargain basement guys as Kdiggs said, yet we have media reports that we hosted Barnidge. Got it.

Hosted him. Not offered him a $5 million contract. We have far too many holes to fill with little cap space to do so. Maybe the Bills are hoping they can get him cheap since teams will be wary of his age, or maybe they want leverage for a restructured contract with Clay. Whatever the reasons for his visit, we're not shelling out big money to get him.

I'll take Byrd and Barnidge please!!🤗And let's go to camp. Speaking of camp can we bring it back to SUNY Fredonia. We were in Playoffs and Super Bowls when we trained there🤔

I'm with this. Byrd and Barnidge would make me feel much better

I have seen enough of J Byrd. He laid down on the job in his contract year for the Bills, I don't want to see his low life character here again in Buffalo. I paid my season ticket that year, and he collected his check and didn't play.