A pleasant surprise is on the way.

If you're counting on Jordan Johnson to be the #2 RB you're much more likely to be disappointed.

J-Will gained his yards/TDs vs top flight SEC competition. He has legitimate R2 talent. The tape doesn't lie.

He couldn't perform at his best last year because he wasn't fully healthy, but he has proclaimed himself to be so this year so let's see what happens.

BTW, M. Tolbert will be used much more as a RB this season than as a FB so the Bills really only have ONE true FB on the roster. He will likely be the short yardage/goal line big back that the Bills have severely lacked the last several years. He's not a true FB in the sense that DiMarco is even though he weighs 250 lbs.

i'd be surprised if he even makes the team this season. He's had 1 rushing TD in the last 3 years. He hasn't been effective for some time now. If McDermott wasn't a head coach, Tolbert would be unemployed right now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is we have to keep Shady healthy at all costs. Maybe JWill will develop into a effective backup, but I still see the loss of Gillislee as a huge one. This team does not hide the fact that it wants to be the #1 running team in the NFL. If McCoy goes down for any reason we will have to depend on a RB still nursing a major injury. And after JWill , we have nothing!

We have Tolbert ,which the more I think about, the more I love the signing. We were pitiful at 3rd and short. He is a heady , short yardage back who will improve our 3rd & short success big time, with DimarCo leading the way!

We need one of these unknown RBS to step up. We found TD Mike and Karlos to produce in back to back years. I'm sure we can find another back that strives in this offense. This staff created plenty competition for RB 2-3, and I'm confident an unknown will pop up and be productive

I remember his scouting report expressed significant concern about the foot. If that was a major problem and he's now 100%, it's great to hear.

In the highlights he does appear to have that one cut and burst running style of other backs that have succeeded with this OC

He better work on those ball protection skills...fumbled a few times in garbage mop up duty which isn't what you want to see

RB Jonathan Williams had a great 2014 season in which he ran for over 1,000 yds and scored 12 TDs.

He got injured and missed the entire 2015 season.

That didn't stop the Bills from selecting him in R5 of the 2016 draft. J-Will was expected to be as high as a R2 pick, but being out for an entire season really hurt his draft selection.

Williams admits that he wasn't fully healthy in 2016. His foot hadn't healed to the point to allow him to cut like he needs to in order to avoid defenders.

Now fully healthy J-Will has something to prove and should have a great opportunity to do so with Gillislee gone and not much proven completion on the roster behind McCoy.

Here are his college highlights from 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSQBZWUznSI.

Who does he remind you of??

Side note: those Texas Tech "highlights" shouldn't count, as they appear to be primarily due to Texas Tech tackling like a bunch of armless mannequins.

It looks like Texas Tech is trying mind control to tackle instead of actually tackling.

Side note: those Texas Tech "highlights" shouldn't count, as they appear to be primarily due to Texas Tech tackling like a bunch of armless mannequins.

Reminded me of the Tecmo Bowl defenses on my old NES.

it is the team's duty to ensure he doesn't have a setback in the healing process. If his lack of productivity, speed, explosiveness, etc was due to the injury why was he playing? Why not let it fully heal? It's not even his decision. That was why I read it that way. He said he was not healed and couldnt even run or cut when he was drafted but that he went out there in minicamp and did the best he could. To me that raised questions. Not conspiracy theories.

I read this too post season. Not cool.

Players play when they shouldn't and of course it was his decision. "Hey Rook, how you feeling?" "Great, let's hit the field."

maybe

This kid is the only reason I didn't sweat TD Mike leaving and why the Bills

I knew he was banged up and only a rookie and I felt his running style would translate to the NFL and make him a success.

I expect him to be a force this year. Similar running style to Gills but more power and speed! 3rd straight year we're going to lead the league in rushing!

Well look at who we added. The top run blocking FB by a long shot , kept our very good o line intact, and added a potentially huge upgrade at RT in Dawkins. Not only will the starting 5 be one of the best in the league, but our depth is ridiculous. Groy,Mills, Henderson,Duccasse. All these depth guys would start on many teams!

Last year watching Shady was a thing of beauty, and it's only going to get better folks, as Dennison has a running scheme that fits Shady PERFECTLY. It's going to be exciting to watch

Love this post.

Williams highlight films are awesome. Its there for sure.

Stickim?

reps

People shouldn't watch highlight film to evaluate a player. Watch his every down he plays to come to a conclusion

that's a coach's job. that's hours of film, and the average fan, no matter how fanatic they claim to be, can't devote that much time to watching film as a hobby. haha be realistic

i'd be surprised if he even makes the team this season. He's had 1 rushing TD in the last 3 years. He hasn't been effective for some time now. If McDermott wasn't a head coach, Tolbert would be unemployed right now.

You could be right

I dont think Tolbert is a lock....I think he is insurance.

If he is released it is because the young guys did well in training camp and pre season.

...LOL....Lester Hayes style.....

"but coach...it looks like I just jacked off an elephant!"

"what are they gonna do....put you in football jail?"

don't forget, JWill is most likely facing a suspension this year. with 4 games being the likelihood.

4 games would be hard core.....but I do understand your point

... 4 games would be hard core.....but I do understand your point

and it will most likely be the start of the season which does not bode well for JWill. i do like him though.

Edited by Foxx