Who else is all in on this new way of doing things?

I see lots of threads griping about this or that and I am curious who, along with me, loves what the Bills are doing? I love the new approach, I have wanted this for well over a decade.

Clean house and bring in a fresh new HC with a background of working with successful HC's on his way up and in successful programs. A GM who shares his vision. Cleaning out the old way of scouting and whatnot and bringing in new, experienced, talent to pretty much scrap what we have done for dozens of years now.

HC, GM etc doing an honest, 3rd party per say, evaluation of the talent on this team with NO Ties what so ever. They have clear systems, they know the types of overall football players they want AND who will fit their system. They aren't going to sit here and wait years on "potential" either you can and will perform or you are gone. That is how it should be.

I love everything that is going on at OBD these days and the direction they are going and don't care who they cut, trade or whatever to get their team that they want. This is very long past due.

For the first time as long as I can remember, I finally have some legit hope this team will finally turn around. Anyone else with me in this?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I share hope and here is why.

What they were doing the last 17 years with many different attempts have not worked. So this is a clean sweep. Give this group enough time to: set a standard, set a foundation. Develop a true team first chemistry and see what we have.

Edited by Bill_with_it

I'm getting old. I've seen lots of coaches and GMs come and go. I'm always a little hopeful when there's a change but that hope is tempered by years of disappointment.

So far I like "this new way of doing things." But that's a preliminary and cautious "like." Let's see some real games before we judge.

I see lots of threads griping about this or that and I am curious who, along with me, loves what the Bills are doing? I love the new approach, I have wanted this for well over a decade.

Clean house and bring in a fresh new HC with a background of working with successful HC's on his way up and in successful programs. A GM who shares his vision. Cleaning out the old way of scouting and whatnot and bringing in new, experienced, talent to pretty much scrap what we have done for dozens of years now.

HC, GM etc doing an honest, 3rd party per say, evaluation of the talent on this team with NO Ties what so ever. They have clear systems, they know the types of overall football players they want AND who will fit their system. They aren't going to sit here and wait years on "potential" either you can and will perform or you are gone. That is how it should be.

I love everything that is going on at OBD these days and the direction they are going and don't care who they cut, trade or whatever to get their team that they want. This is very long past due.

For the first time as long as I can remember, I finally have some legit hope this team will finally turn around. Anyone else with me in this?

I definitely feel the same- a lot of thinking outside the box- it's nice purging our demons- hopefully we will finally have success

sure. we just may be trend setters wherein from now on, all teams will hire the HC who then in turn hires the GM.

the Redskins did it before the Bills technically , because Shanny Jr has all the power in that org and handpicked Lynch before building out the FO. I do think it's a new wave of doing things with 1st time HC having a lot of power off the bat like Adam Gase and Dan Quinn before Shanny and McD.

I'm getting old. I've seen lots of coaches and GMs come and go. I'm always a little hopeful when there's a change but that hope is tempered by years of disappointment.

So far I like "this new way of doing things." But that's a preliminary and cautious "like." Let's see some real games before we judge.

No need to wait for the games to judge what they have done up to this point, with the exception of players performances.

I agree that the direction appears to be headed in a different one than years passed and finally feels like there is some structure behind it. The last 15 years have appeared to be so aimlessly​ directed, IMO. Now it seems as though everyone is on the same page from top to bottom and it doesn't feel like lip service when I hear it this time around.

To have that optimism, for me personally, is coming from the moves that the Buffalo Bills have made as an organization during the offseason. To this point, McD and Beans have done an excellent job at bringing in new members, several which were lateral, to assemble a respected staff.

I think to judge them to this point is fair, just not to judge them about aspects that can't be determined until the players​ play the game. So far though, I am very pleased with the results and would like to think that they will continue when the season begins. This all just my opinion of course.

Edited by FLbills

BINGO!! After 40+ years of suffering through Bills football I feel the same. I keep re-creating 1990-1994 in my head to suffer through all the other years of misery this team has brought. I actually do have hope for the new regime. They seem to play the brand of football I can follow. I see some similarities to Marv and Polian's philosophy on the type of player they want, so I want to Billieve, but until they prove it on the field, it's all talk.

I'm all in.

We haven't had this much of a full blown rebuild in a very long time.

We finally have young innovative guys in charge. In the past, we had a bunch of retreads that the game passed by.

i don't think anyone is placing final judgement on the new regime in May. We can only base our current opinion on what we have seen thus far and what we know today. Opinions change as circumstances change. You can decide whether or not you like what they've said and done so far. I like most things. It's most definitely a very different approach than what I've ever remembered seeing. Lots of money spent on experienced asst coaches and FO, getting an extra 1st next year instead of trading one away, a no nonsense attitude. A very serious approach to everything. An almost universal echo that the Bills finally have the right people in place. I have a relative and friends in other FOs who were always either laughing at our coaches or our GM and now are outwardly envious of both. I would be remiss to not take notice of that. I do have a few roster questions that I won't complain about until I see final team in September. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm all in.

We haven't had this much of a full blown rebuild in a very long time.

We finally have young innovative guys in charge. In the past, we had a bunch of retreads that the game passed by.

Whaley and Marrone were young up-and-comers. Play the hindsight game all you want, but I'm just saying.

This is about the new owners finally getting their own FO. That's what this is. I like it so far.

....shaping up to best the best top to bottom football organization manned by FOOTBALL people so far (yes on paper) since the Polian era....stay tuned..........

Pegula is paying more than any other team. And the guys brought in are highly respected and sought-after. It will make a big difference. I do think it might take a couple years but it will be worth it, in my humble prediction/opinion. Got to stack a few good drafts and find the QB. QB will be drafted next year and I think they should start him right away - jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

The success of demise of the entire regime is as usual, can you land an elite quarterback.

I'm not a pound on the table kinda guy over quarterback. I believe they can win and make the playoffs with Tyrod, I'm actually very excited with the drafting of Peterman. I think he fits perfect for what I expect this offense to be, short accurate run after the catch kind of thing, with our receivers I think he has a good shot to succeed even as a rookie if tyrod fails. And I think he could make clay and shady a huge part of the passing game. That being said, I'm happy with the new hires. But if this is a Houston Texan kind of thing where it's a constant musical chairs of quarterbacks with a great defense it will only last so long. But I am excited to see what they build here

Pegula is paying more than any other team. And the guys brought in are highly respected and sought-after. It will make a big difference. I do think it might take a couple years but it will be worth it, in my humble prediction/opinion. Got to stack a few good drafts and find the QB. QB will be drafted next year and I think they should start him right away - jmo.

....funny how the pundits (COUGH) here yapped about the Pegulas being clueless owners but nobody stepped up to buy them out (BIGGER COUGH)....he paid $1.4 BILLION in cash for the club.....think his pride and WNY community investments means he wants to be affiliated with losers?....guy's checkbook is open and he has plenty of ink in his pen...look at the former VP's and Pro Personnel Director's coming to join Beane.....probably all "over the hill can't find a job elsewhere gang" according to the pundits again...............go figure..............

I like a lot of what they are doing but there are still some glaring repetitions of past errors..........like drafting for need.......this past draft was even more need based in early rounds than the typical Whaley drafts that netted league low retention results.

But I do think it is possible that they are somewhat near the front of the trend of head coaching hires preceding GM hires..............and the reason it may become the norm is because the advanced information technology used in player evaluation has the potential to de-mystify the GM/Scout positions.

Almost everything can be measured and analyzed now........so while a keen eye still has value........the ability to stack prospects and free agents based on certain metrics is probably more important.......which greatly expands the candidate field for these jobs and perhaps lessens the need for shot-callers in the FO.

The delicate nature of the HC position remains mostly unchanged.......except he's now much more likely to be able to make informed personnel decisions himself because the answers require much less time and effort to acquire.

I do feel good about the new regime. The biggest reason is that it appears that they are making decisions that we will lead to long term success. I never agreed with the Whaley era "splashy" draft moves. It is time for a shift in the division...there was a time when the Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL (who remembers the Patsies?). They took a long term approach and have been reaping the benefits...time for us to return to the throne.