What Is On Your Memorial Day Menu?

Gugny

See, that's the thing! NOTHING is like Buffalo pizza, so I'm just not that into pizza anymore. As much as I want the good stuff, it's hard to settle for less.

i hear you.. have you ever grilled pizza? It's quite good and you only expect it to taste like pizza you just threw on the grill, so no comparisons to the real thing. My favorites are grilled margherita with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato and balsamic drizzle, and BBQ chicken pizza with smoked provolone ... I make the dough myself. Anyway, I definitely like it more than Ohio delivery. You can find good pizza here at certain restaurants but the chains that deliver are awful. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear you.. have you ever grilled pizza? It's quite good and you only expect it to taste like pizza you just threw on the grill, so no comparisons to the real thing. My favorites are grilled margherita with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato and balsamic drizzle, and BBQ chicken pizza with smoked provolone ... I make the dough myself. Anyway, I definitely like it more than Ohio delivery. You can find good pizza here at certain restaurants but the chains that deliver are awful.

We have a pizza stone and grilled for a while (with Publix dough). Still not Buffalo pizza. It's like a food group that no longer exists for me. Strange, but true.

i hear you.. have you ever grilled pizza? It's quite good and you only expect it to taste like pizza you just threw on the grill, so no comparisons to the real thing. My favorites are grilled margherita with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato and balsamic drizzle, and BBQ chicken pizza with smoked provolone ... I make the dough myself. Anyway, I definitely like it more than Ohio delivery. You can find good pizza here at certain restaurants but the chains that deliver are awful.

My buddy has a small propane grill on his pontoon boat. He often grills totinos frozen pizzas at the lake. It is hilarious what a huge hit those are. We sometimes tie up with a group of 50 or so other boats to party, and I think he could sell those 1.00 pizzas for 10.00 or more each!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

We had our BBQ yesterday, we had about 45 people over. I served baby back ribs, steak tips, grilled shrimp skewers, brats, Hummel dogs, Hawaiian style chicken kabobs, grilled vegetable medley, bacon cheese burgers, grilled wasabi tuna, potato and egg salad, pasta salad, taco salad, Rhode Island style clear chowder, and my brothers brought a bunch of sea bass they had caught the night before and we grilled that up too.

Pork butt goes on the smoker tomorrow at 9. Carolina mop sauce through the day. Pulled pork by sundown.

I just saw smoke billowing out of someone's back yard in time to get my car windows down while I drove through it....and almost off the road. It put a spell on me! (Probably good folks, I'm tempted to go introduce myself.)

The cauliflower pizza dough all flew off the shelves a few hours after it was on CNN. They don't know when they will be able to get more. Not sure if I'm disappointed, or relieved.

Look at you going all Puerto Rican!! How'd it turn out?

Ha..thats for Memorial Day...tonight is fried SoftShells with corn maque choux.

But, I have made that Pork recipe at least 20 times...it is WONDERFUL.

Ha..thats for Memorial Day...tonight is fried SoftShells with corn maque choux.

But, I have made that Pork recipe at least 20 times...it is WONDERFUL.

There are a few of y'all I'd definitely eat with. These cooking threads are always primo.

Sausage patties on the grill tonight.

Me too, Mead.

Yesterday, I happened upon Boneless Ribeyes for $4.98/lb., so I snagged a couple nice sized ones. Grilled one up with some crab cakes. Yum.

Tonight, just doing the sausage patties and a couple links. Potato salad on the side.

Gonna grill up some chicken breasts, too, so I can have grilled chicken sandwiches for lunch this week. Gotta get the cooking in tonight, as the weather will suck tomorrow.

Lots of good looking food in this thread.

Pernil is the winner, so far, to me!!

There are a few of y'all I'd definitely eat with. These cooking threads are always primo.

Agreed! Love these threads. Unfortunately, my wife can't do gluten or dairy, and is just plain picky even beyond that. I live vicariously through so many of you! Keep up the good work. :)

(When we have large groups over all the rules go out the window!)

Had a cookout yesterday about 35 people. Just did the traditional burgers, dogs, sausages, pork chops, chicken. I was going to do steak but with the amount of drinking we did it would have been a waste. A McDonald's burger would have tasted the same.

Had a cookout yesterday about 35 people. Just did the traditional burgers, dogs, sausages, pork chops, chicken. I was going to do steak but with the amount of drinking we did it would have been a waste. A McDonald's burger would have tasted the same.

:thumbsup: