What Is On Your Memorial Day Menu?

Gugny

I started this looking for suggestions, as I haven't a !@#$ing clue what I'm making. I'm sure it will be on the grill and I'm leaning toward NY Strip.

So what are YOU making??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are attending a backyard BBQ - I am bringing deviled eggs.

I have no idea what everything on the grill will be, but knowing the host I am guessing grilled butterfly shrimp seasoned with Old Bay will be one of the "meats".

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

It's supposed to be a wash-out on Monday here in central VT. I think I might do some ribs, string beans, corn bread, and baked beans.

Drinking Lil Heaven IPA. Grilling up delmonicos with mushrooms sautéed in red wine. Grilled corn on cob and salt potatos

That's sounds about right. Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Filets w/sautéed scallops on grill w/Sams Summer Ale and she likes a nice strawberry marguerita ! !! Our English Setter will be eating the same thing if we're in the mood of giving !! Happy Memorial Day and cheers to all my fellow veterans !! Thank - you for serving !!

I've tried this. Surprisingly not terrible.

That's encouraging, because she's still fixated on it. Apparently, her hero (Robin Meade) mentioned it on CNN. So, it shall come to be....at least once.

Ummmm, the wife wants to go to Trader Joe's and get some cauliflower pizza crust. Well, I'll try most things once, but I need a Plan B ready to go!

i hate cauliflower anything. I know it's healthy but.... it's taking over the world like kale and avocado toast.

Plan B is going to have to be pretty darn solid!

lol. I really do try to eat relatively healthy on a consistent basis. Just can't get into the cauliflower craze at all. Kale makes me want to hurl. Any kind of "shake" that is spinach green - just, no. But I hope it's good, other people say it's just like real pizza. I mean not Buffalo pizza but..

lol. I really do try to eat relatively healthy on a consistent basis. Just can't get into the cauliflower craze at all. Kale makes me want to hurl. Any kind of "shake" that is spinach green - just, no. But I hope it's good, other people say it's just like real pizza. I mean not Buffalo pizza but..

See, that's the thing! NOTHING is like Buffalo pizza, so I'm just not that into pizza anymore. As much as I want the good stuff, it's hard to settle for less.