Whaley goes out with class. Buffalo Media...not so much.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing just about everyone agrees on finally

"Buffalo sports media 100% truly does suck"

question: what do people rely on for sports media outside of watching the game and looking at boxscores/stats if they missed the game?

I don't hate the News or its writers. Like anyone they can be good at times and bad at times. But the style of personal attacks is one I don't appreciate, and it can easily be avoided. And since the News writers don't do such attacks all the time they are capable of such writing.

I'm still confused why everyone hates the buffalo news.

Because they bash a ****ty franchise? It's their job to write about the team. The team blows year in and year out.

Because any assclown can bash something.

I'm not sure it does. I quite like WGR *ducks for cover*

You should listen to sports radio stations in other cities with pro teams. I think you would be shocked at how clueless WGR hosts are. Other stations hire former players and reporters who actually know something about the teams they discuss. WGR hosts are where they are thanks to inertia. They've had their jobs forever and with no real competition.

Dude, the GM gave an address about leaving the Bills.

Of course they reported on it. And it was awful. They pointed out where it was good (he didn't attack the Bills) and where it was absolutely wretched (asked what you learned he said if he had to do it again he would make a plan to bring in a QB, essentially admitting that either he had no plan to bring in a QB when he was hired or he learned absolutely nothing on the job).

They were dead on target.

Correct.

I will agree with those who say that the media does appear to have had a whole lot more venom for him than other chumps who the Bills have let go. To get this kind of reaction, I'm sure it's well deserved.

Someone at McD's presser asked him to stop using reporter's names when responding to their questions so they could use the sound bites :lol:

Gee, I wonder why that is. Any idea who asked?

I think the opinion pieces about Whaley's interview made the journalists who wrote them appear small.

As a casual reader, and one who does not routinely read their work, IMO, the pieces came across as if written with personal animus.

I interned in the sports department of a medium sized city newspaper in college. The old sports reporters were some of the grumpiest, bitter people I'd ever met. Actually steered me in a different direction with my career when I saw how miserable they all looked. This was of course before the days of social media. But they sure hated their jobs.

So this is how people become bond company stooges? I always thought a degree in finance........but nope.......washout journalism majors. Interesting. :beer:

You're welcome to attempt to challenge my assertions.

With proper coaching, Whaley's roster was ranked as a top 4 unit in points allowed (2014)

With proper coaching, Whaley's roster was ranked as a top 10 unit in scoring offense. (2016)

I understand Whaley's firing, I'm not saying the Bills were wrong in firing him, but to paint him as the sole reason this team didn't meet playoff expectations is an utter lie.

With proper coaching, Whaley's roster was ranked as a top 4 unit in points allowed (2014)

With proper coaching, Whaley's roster was ranked as a top 10 unit in scoring offense. (2016)

I understand Whaley's firing, I'm not saying the Bills were wrong in firing him, but to paint him as the sole reason this team didn't meet playoff expectations is an utter lie.

He was not the sole reason. But he also was not the sole architect of the 2014 roster.