Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the long run getting cut from Buffalo may be the best thing that happened to him. He needs to get healthy and have a fresh start. When he is healed and cleared to play I'm sure that he will be picked up and then start the process to earning playing time. He comes from a tightly knit immigrant family and appreciates his good fortunes. He is not the stereotypical pro athlete who has an attitude of entitlement.

People forget that he was very young when he came into this league. He started playing football later than most players. Having a brutish and impatient HC who immediately dismissed him as a player certainly didn't help his development. In Buffalo, he was on a team that was churning through coaches and systems. With a little time and stability he should become a credible player.

So if he was on Spice (sounds like it but I don't know) that is not banned by the league. But, it is very dangerous. It's possible the Bills learned that this is the case and want no part of that. I think Chandler Jones was also on Spice and that's why he got shipped off. It's bad news. Real pot is much less harmful. Not saying it should be allowed but they should ban both.

Whatever was going on with CK must have been pretty serious.

I think it was a combination of multiple factors.

Cyrus can't play RT, therefore isn't a viable option as a swing tackle, and rostering a back-up offensive lineman who can only play LT is a huge waste of a roster spot.

Combine that with his injury, and most recently his off-field/personal issues, and I think it just became too much.

I guess that I'm missing the mark some. I don't mind him being released if there is an off the field issue. If not, I would have absolutely released some scrub now instead. Glenn is coming off of an injury and Kuoandjio is certainly the best option at LT behind him. The point that I've been making is that the release isn't from his play. It's from the extras with him. The original reply was to a post saying the incident last month had little to nothing to do with his release. That's where I took issue.

It's a head scratcher and I agree that he's a pretty good LT so I don't get it from that perspective.....but we just don't know.........the Hodges signing is another potential point for BillsVets argument......Cyrus release actually saves them some money where the scrubs would not.

Could also be that Sean didn't like his choice of churches. :flirt:

So if he was on Spice (sounds like it but I don't know) that is not banned by the league. But, it is very dangerous. It's possible the Bills learned that this is the case and want no part of that. I think Chandler Jones was also on Spice and that's why he got shipped off. It's bad news. Real pot is much less harmful. Not saying it should be allowed but they should ban both.

Earlier today, as of this writing, I had the pleasure of meeting several former NFL players, including Ricky Williams, and Jim McMahon, shooting a PSA for a group called the Gridiron Cannabis Foundation. Also among the players was former RT, Eben Britton. I asked him what he thought about Seantrel's situation, and he had a lot to say. He related to me examples of players who had the choice between cannabis, or a literal handful of daily pills, many of which carried both short and long-term side effects. There is a compelling argument to be made that the banning of marijuana for medical use is cruel, and immoral.

• 2 weeks later...

Kujo visiting Detroit after Taylor Decker injured shoulder in practice and underwent surgery

@ckouandjio

✈️ to Detroit for a visit. On my best behavior 🦁🦁

What a weird thing to tweet. Something is off with this dude.

I think it was a combination of multiple factors.

Cyrus can't play RT, therefore isn't a viable option as a swing tackle, and rostering a back-up offensive lineman who can only play LT is a huge waste of a roster spot.

Combine that with his injury, and most recently his off-field/personal issues, and I think it just became too much.

Corey blows a knee week 2 of training camp and do we see a better LT option? For a cut today, I'd rather they not be the second best player at a valuable position - even if their lack of versatility makes them a long shot for the 53.

But as we've all acknowledged- who knows what's up with his health, physical or mental.