Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

and on top of it he wasn't a great football player.. and by his off-season behavior, he wasn't looking like he was going to improve.

absolutely. I think if you're CK and don't think "Ah crap, this could go badly for me", I'd be surprised. In fact, if he was thinking "What's the big deal McD??", even more reason to release him.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I think that kind of ... doesn't prove your assertion that you can't win anything with those types of draft classes though ... as I pointed out they all have.

And NE doesn't make boneheaded moves in the draft like trading up for TJ Graham when Wilson was there, perhaps the Watkins pick with a draft loaded with good WRs. Taking a project QB in round one with EJ. The Bills waste first round picks. NE gets the most out of the ones they do have.

where is the Bills from 2015? They traded it. The Pats lost those 1st round picks and that's part of their draft history, just like ours.

Again, where is the list of NE's first round picks?

it looks even worse for the Pats because they haven't changed coaches and schemes. Their draft picks were just not retained -- that's bad. And no, they have no one decent left from 2013. Duron Harmon is a depth guy. The rest are gone.

2nd Round (#52 Overall) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss

2nd Round (#59 Overall) Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

3rd Round (#83 Overall) Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

3rd Round (#91 Overall) Duron Harmon, SS, Rutgers

4th Round (#102 Overall) Josh Boyce, WR, TCU

7th Round (#226 Overall) Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois

7th Round (#235 Overall) Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

.....and I'd take FIVE Lombardis (check that...ONE would do fine) and 14 AFCE titles over having my drafts harpooned.........perhaps they doing SOMETHING right (COUGH)...

And NE doesn't make boneheaded moves in the draft like trading up for TJ Graham when Wilson was there, perhaps the Watkins pick with a draft loaded with good WRs. Taking a project QB in round one with EJ. The Bills waste first round picks. NE gets the most out of the ones they do have.

Again, where is the list of NE's first round picks?

You probably want to know New England's list of 1st round picks because when you see the list it isn't going to support the point you are trying to make. They are bad.

New England excels with veterans that fit the system not the draft.

.....and I'd take FIVE Lombardis (check that...ONE would do fine) and 14 AFCE titles over having my drafts harpooned.........perhaps they doing SOMETHING right (COUGH)...

Exactly. NE has had many successful first round picks during this winning run. Picks that have actually stayed on the roster.

You probably want to know New England's list of 1st round picks because when you see the list it isn't going to support the point you are trying to make. They are bad.

New England excels with veterans that fit the system not the draft.

Seymore, Wilfork, Mankins, Hightower, Mayo, Jones,McCourty-all first round picks this century. All have contributed to SB runs.These are bad picks? NE picks pretty low in each round each year-I would suspect that they would have some failures.

Edited by JM2009

Actually they don't, as I outlined. In the draft loaded with WRs they took Easley (cut) and a backup QB in the first two rounds. They have one 1st round pick from the last 5 drafts on the roster. Malcolm Brown.

And you are funny, as you know we were comparing who is left from the draft classes and not "draft moves" in general but feel free to start introducing those things to make your argument look better - you just aren't fooling anyone. Everyone knows the Bills have made some poor draft decisions just like other teams have. Not what we are discussing.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Actually they don't, as I outlined. In the draft loaded with WRs they took Easley (cut) and a backup QB in the first two rounds. They have one 1st round pick from the last 5 drafts on the roster. Malcolm Brown.

And you are funny, as you know we were comparing who is left from the draft classes and not "draft moves" in general but feel free to start introducing those things to make your argument look better - you just aren't fooling anyone. Everyone knows the Bills have made some poor draft decisions just like other teams have. Not what we are discussing.

You claim NE is bad at drafting overall, which isn't true. That's why you were reluctant to list their first round picks.

you missed his argument. He said you can't win with drafts picks that aren't retained. You clearly can. The Bills haven't. Other teams have. It's worse when you have not even changed the scheme or coaches in 17 years and still can't draft. That's why they pretty much bagged the draft this year and went all in on trades and FA. No faith in their drafting and college evaluations.

You claim NE is bad at drafting overall, which isn't true. That's why you were reluctant to list their first round picks.

I did list them :lol:

Their only 1st round picks in the last 5 drafts are Easley and Brown ... good lawd

Time to log off my man

... feel free to start introducing those things to make your argument look better - you just aren't fooling anyone. ...

this is standard procedure.

moving the goal posts or just completely constructing a straw man to draw you into an argument.

you missed his argument. He said you can't win with drafts picks that aren't retained. You clearly can. The Bills haven't. Other teams have. It's worse when you have not even changed the scheme or coaches in 17 years and still can't draft. That's why they pretty much bagged the draft this year and went all in on trades and FA. No faith in their drafting and college evaluations.

I did list them :lol:

Their only 1st round picks in the last 5 drafts are Easley and Brown ... good lawd

Time to log off my man

This is really sad and unbelievable.

it looks even worse for the Pats because they haven't changed coaches and schemes. Their draft picks were just not retained -- that's bad. And no, they have no one decent left from 2013. Duron Harmon is a depth guy. The rest are gone.

You do have to account for the "Patriot* Way" in which they will trade over rated players for picks before they do not follow T*m Br*dy's model and take less from the team and make more on the side.

...all very good points and I thought I was agreeing with you relative to their success without retaining picks...sorry for confusion.....a flip side would be the Steelers 2011 Lombardi.....19 of 22 starters were acquired through the draft.......

...all very good points and I thought I was agreeing with you relative to their success without retaining picks...sorry for confusion.....a flip side would be the Steelers 2011 Lombardi.....19 of 22 starters were acquired through the draft.......

The whole point of making out that NE is as bad at drafting as the Bills is nonsense. They pick far lower than the Bills every year, and their first round picks this century have contributed to SB runs. probably a couple of HOF players in that list too.

You do have to account for the "Patriot* Way" in which they will trade over rated players for picks before they do not follow T*m Br*dy's model and take less from the team and make more on the side.

They trade their picks too which I think is a good idea. They used those picks this offseason to get a lot better. They don't draft well but they manage their roster extremely well. I think that this may be the Pats best roster.

Yup he was a terrible choice to draft at that spot. Some teams had him remove from their board completely due to his knees. He was completely over rated on this team.

Yup that's what happens when you draft for need.

Good thing McDermott and Beane didn't do that this year.

I'm not asking you a loaded question, I'm asking you to defend what you say. When challenged you never explain your reasoning you just try to move the goal posts. You said that his incident off the field had little or nothing to do with his release. I asked you to defend that because it's pretty evident that it has a lot to do with it. You didn't ever defend it; you changed the subject.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about? I've been accused, at times, of being the EXACT opposite of what you are saying. Just because the sun never shines in your world doesn't mean that it is always shining in mine. I try to be objective and think that most here would agree that I am. I applaud good decisions, question the bad but try to bring sound reasoning to why something happened. You are Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets. You are a seagull, just fly around and dump on everything. It's a miserable and depressing approach to life.

Cutting Cyrus today has nothing to do with what you mentioned because there are certainly other guys that offer less. In terms of the cap savings they aren't needed so that's not a reason. They should have let camp play out to see if they have another LT option if Glenn can't get healthy. The reports were that Dawkins struggled in OTAs (as to be expected). I think that cutting Greg Pyke or Brandon Reilly or Blake Annen would have made more sense. Do you believe that all of those guys make the team better than CK?

Good points by both you and BillsVet.

We don't really know why he was cut at this point.........what we do know is that the other day McDermott was praising him.......so either he is quick to lie and we shouldn't take what he says at face value.......or something happened since.

Good points by both you and BillsVet.

We don't really know why he was cut at this point.........what we do know is that the other day McDermott was praising him.......so either he is quick to lie and we shouldn't take what he says at face value.......or something happened since.

I think the NFI designation says that it's an off the field reason. We will probably hear at some point in the near future but clearly poor decision making on his part played a major role.

I think the NFI designation says that it's an off the field reason. We will probably hear at some point in the near future but clearly poor decision making on his part played a major role.

i wonder if the hip injury he sustained at home in the offseason would count as NFI

Some team with a need at OT will roll the dice on him. Maybe Marrone brings him in for a look in Jax?

Keep in mind he could not crack the lineup with Marrone here.

Here we go again. Now we have the Anti-Rex character guy as HC.

Let's get rid of all guys that aren't toeing the line.

CK was playing at a very high level at LT. You just don't throw those guys away.

I think Yolo has it right, something coming down from the league