Bills Release OT Cyrus Kouandjio and Sign WR Rod Streater

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They raved about him last week though so I doubt it. My guess (just a guess) he's been all over the place off the field. We read about his incident and was cut with an injury not related to football. I don't want to speculate too much but it adds up. It's not terribly different than Karlos last year. If you can't depend on the guy there's no reason to keep him. I'm not accusing CK of drugs but I am questioning his decision making off the field.

If it were play related I would think that Blake Annen and some others would be worse players. I don't think anyone would debate that. If it were the final cuts that would be a believable explanation.

Not to be rude but i guess your definition and my definition of raving about someone is different:

"He's on track," McDermott said . "He's doing a nice job, and I like the look in his eye. And again a credit to Cyrus and our medical team. He's rehabbing similar to (wide receiver) Kolby (Listenbee) and doing a nice job with it."

Not to be rude but i guess your definition and my definition of raving about someone is different:

"He's on track," McDermott said . "He's doing a nice job, and I like the look in his eye. And again a credit to Cyrus and our medical team. He's rehabbing similar to (wide receiver) Kolby (Listenbee) and doing a nice job with it."

That's fair but I stand by my larger point Edited by Kirby Jackson

The difference is the cap space isn't needed now and there are certainly worse players than Kuoandjio. If he were cut at Labor Day I'd buy that he didn't fit. I named some guys that I saw on the 90 that aren't going to have a bigger impact.

McDermott may be trying to send a message. All that I contended is that it had more to do with his incident than his play. I absolutely think, and the NFI designation supports it, that this wasn't "he's not a good enough player to make the team."

With respect to the highlighted segment you make a legitimate point that the "incident" was a factor, maybe a very decisive factor, for his release. You also pointed out that the coach quite possibly was trying to send a "message" to his team that his approach to coaching is dramatically different from what has previously gone on with the prior regime. If those factors are considerations in his release then what is wrong with him being let go?

You make the reasonable argument that he is better than some players that are currently retained. But so what? Apparently from the new coach's perspective as a lineman not only wasn't he a good enough of player but that he was also a very replaceable player. By releasing him it gave the coach an opportunity to send a clear message to the rest of the roster that the way he was going to run his shop was going to be much stricter than what they have been accustomed to.

There is no confusion as to the environment that McDermott wants to quickly establish. He wants a roster full of high character players without distracting issues who are committed to their profession. I believe that Kujo actually is a high character person but he also has some issues he has to work out. The new coach is not interested in those type of players, especially players who are not considered to be essential.

Anyone who has a heart wants to see Kujo succeed. On the other hand I do understand the reasoning behind the coach's decision. I have no problem with it.

Can't help it, had to post this from an old thread. Hope Mr. Zulu is around to read the stench !!!

Zulu Cthulhu

Zulu Cthulhu

Veteran

• av-8645.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • pip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.png
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

1st&ten, on 12 May 2017 - 4:20 PM, said:snapback.png

Ha Ha---wake up & smell the coffee. There is certain parameters for professionals. There is a new sheriff in town---he'll be gone soon. Another wasted draft pick from the old regime.

Im sorry tough guy, do you have inside info about exactly what occurred with him? Because I don't; and didn't on the 23rd of April when I made my comment. The "sheriff" simply said he was rehabbing nicely from his injury. Also, the actual "sheriff" said CK was polite and courteous throughout whatever occurred last month.

Can't really smell the coffee over the stench of what you're spewing.

With respect to the highlighted segment you make a legitimate point that the "incident" was a factor, maybe a very decisive factor, for his release. You also pointed out that the coach quite possibly was trying to send a "message" to his team that his approach to coaching is dramatically different from what has previously gone on with the prior regime. If those factors are considerations in his release then what is wrong with him being let go?

You make the reasonable argument that he is better than some players that are currently retained. But so what? Apparently from the new coach's perspective as a lineman not only wasn't he a good enough of player but that he was also a very replaceable player. By releasing him it gave the coach an opportunity to send a clear message to the rest of the roster that the way he was going to run his shop was going to be much stricter than what they have been accustomed to.

There is no confusion as to the environment that McDermott wants to quickly establish. He wants a roster full of high character players without distracting issues who are committed to their profession. I believe that Kujo actually is a high character person but he also has some issues he has to work out. The new coach is not interested in those type of players, especially players who are not considered to be essential.

Anyone who has a heart wants to see Kujo succeed. On the other hand I do understand the reasoning behind the coach's decision. I have no problem with it.

I guess that I'm missing the mark some. I don't mind him being released if there is an off the field issue. If not, I would have absolutely released some scrub now instead. Glenn is coming off of an injury and Kuoandjio is certainly the best option at LT behind him. The point that I've been making is that the release isn't from his play. It's from the extras with him. The original reply was to a post saying the incident last month had little to nothing to do with his release. That's where I took issue.

If he is rehabbing similar to Listenbee, then he probably won't be able to play this year. And it's his final year on his rookie deal. So that, along with the off-field issues, probably lead his release.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-release-offensive-tackle-cyrus-kouandjio/

Interesting tidbit there. Not sure if someone already shared or not, but CK was 29th out of 74 in pass blocking efficiency with a 95.2 score. NFL average was 94.1. Worth noting that Cordy Glenn's was 96.4, best in the division.

This is interesting. And, in a way, I hate to lose him. But he's not good enough to beat out Cordy and as a backup Kujo tackle has to be able to play both sides. (And not run around in his underwear speaking incoherently).

So not sure if I missed it but what's the story on Seantrel? I know he's suspended first 5 games, but is he healthy and ready to play at this point?

(I realize he has Chron's and that needs managed... just wondering if he's 100% and managing -- without weed)

Edit: found this, from April

The good news is, Henderson is doing well and should find his way back into football at some point this season. A source close to Henderson notified me that he has been passing his marijuana tests for months, his weight is back under control (which was a large problem with Crohns disease when he lost 20 pounds almost immediately), but most importantly he is HEALTHY.

The source was also happy to announce that he has had a son and is enjoying life as a father living drama-free.

http://buffalowdown.com/2017/03/27/buffalo-bills-seantrel-henderson-update/?utm_content=buffera790d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer Edited by YoloinOhio

Denver and Miami also have no one left from that class. It's a product of changing coaches and systems every two years. And no, you can't. Need to hope this one lasts longer and look forward.

Its also a product of poor drafting. I don't care who the coach is or how many times they are changed. If a player was drafted during a certain regime he would still be on the roster if he was worth keeping.

Its also a product of poor drafting. I don't care who the coach is or how many times they are changed. If a player was drafted during a certain regime he would still be on the roster if he was worth keeping.

Unless, as BADOL says, McD just got it wrong, like they got it wrong with Gillislee (you all watch).

It's kind of amazing that this new regime purports to tout analytics, yet they've already let two players walk who had impressive advanced stats. And while I'm at it - in a draft considered deep for tight ends and safeties, the Bills drafted neither despite both positions being major holes. It almost makes you wonder...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

That's been my point but I was accused of defending everything that Whaley does because of it :). I thought that it was pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

I agree to both you and Yolo on this one. I will go one step further to say that his actions (pants off in the field) sounds a lot like spice to me. I think it is more a drug related issue.

Unless, as BADOL says, McD just got it wrong, like they got it wrong with Gillislee (you all watch).

It's kind of amazing that this new regime purports to tout analytics, yet they've already let two players walk who had impressive advanced stats. And while I'm at it - in a draft considered deep for tight ends and safeties, the Bills drafted neither despite both positions being major holes. It almost makes you wonder...

Could be but not IMO. I think not tendering Gilli higher was a mistake. Also not keeping him afterwards. Time will tell. Kujo was a bad draft pick IMO.

Looking at the two draft classes that were referenced, 2013 and 2014, both have players that were worth keeping but they are now with other teams. Kiko just signed a lucrative extension, Woods and Goodwin both signed deals on the first day of FA with other teams and Hopkins and Cockrell are both starting for other teams. "Worth keeping" and actually keeping them are not the same. There were good players taken, at least in the eyes of the league, who aren't here anymore for various reasons. Injury, scheme change, coaching change, money, etc.

Struggling with draft picks is different than struggling with draft pick retention. I think they have done some of both but more of the latter.

Edited by YoloinOhio