Beane assembles "all-star" staff

It comes as a surprise that people would want to uproot their families and come to Buffalo up until you realize that the Pegulas pay top dollar. I've heard from a couple of scouts around the league that the Pegulas are paying top dollar for nearly every position in the football personnel departments; both pro and college.

It's a great way to "get around" the salary cap constraints to buy yourself an advantage - there is no cap on front office salaries.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if collaboration is truly one of the goals.....

then what a talented and experienced brain trust is being put together.

agreed. That is one heck of a room being assembled

I say do what you feel like doing....if you want to be optomistic go for it....if you want to wait and see that is totally within your right as well

Just dont bash other's for what they choose to do.

seems reasonable. I shall give it a go !!

It's a great way to "get around" the salary cap constraints to buy yourself an advantage - there is no cap on front office salaries.

and this is the Pegula difference.

They want to hire the best, and their intentions are noble !

But even they have learned, the hard way perhaps, there is a rather steep learning curve.

I think it was Nikolai Tesla who said that actually but Thomas A. Edison loathed his genius and twisted his quotes up to degradate his genius

Wow! What happened to this board? I used to get on here everyday for YEARS (never posted much) and love reading all the different opinions, but what the hell did I just read in this thread? Pages 2 - 3 were unbearable! Who are these people on here now? Damn, I take a little siesta and come back to kindergarten class? Sorry ya'll, but WOW!

In any event, I agree with the OP. I really like what they're doing at OBD. Finally feels like a real path. Something we haven't had since the mid 90's.

Wow! What happened to this board? I used to get on here everyday for YEARS (never posted much) and love reading all the different opinions, but what the hell did I just read in this thread? Pages 2 - 3 were unbearable! Who are these people on here now? Damn, I take a little siesta and come back to kindergarten class? Sorry ya'll, but WOW!

In any event, I agree with the OP. I really like what they're doing at OBD. Finally feels like a real path. Something we haven't had since the mid 90's.

Aka: "I signed up for this board earlier than many on here so therefore I am better."

Never posted much = why should we care then?

Edited by likei've

Bills shut down their official message board. Board admins decided to let trolls run rampant.

Bills shut down their official message board. Board admins decided to let trolls run rampant.

you two know how to punch a guy right in the feels.

"The internet is serious business."

-Harriet Tubman

Tubman was always going on about the seriousness of computers.

She wouldn't let her kids play Oregon trail because apparently she knew someone that passed from dysentery.

Tubman was always going on about the seriousness of computers.

She wouldn't let her kids play Oregon trail because apparently she knew someone that passed from dysentery.

she would only let them use Encarta because of it's educational qualities.

I'm not going to get excited about an offseason Front Office shake up.

However, I will say that the Bills filled out the FO much better than I thought the Pegulas could do given their (short) track record.

Not excited, but I am impressed. Let's see where we're at in November.

Sooooo sick of every thread turning into personal arguments having nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills.

I know you are but what am I.

Youre the rubber, I'm the glue.

Omg, you totally screwed that quite up!

and this is the Pegula difference.

They want to hire the best, and their intentions are noble !

But even they have learned, the hard way perhaps, there is a rather steep learning curve.

I think it was Nikolai Tesla who said that actually but Thomas A. Edison loathed his genius and twisted his quotes up to degradate his genius

Tesla was one of the most brilliant people who ever lived and was thinking 200 years ahead of his time, much like DaVinci...even Edison was no match for his brilliance

Since hiring former Carolina Panthers assistant general manager Brandon Beane to replace Whaley, the Bills have added six talent evaluators to their front office who have experience on either director or vice-president levels with other teams. The "all-star staff" assembled by Buffalo has caught the attention of former NFL scout Dan Hatman, who believes the Bills could become a case study that could lead more teams to change general managers after the draft instead of the customary period following the end of the regular season.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27999/could-bills-post-draft-gm-swap-shake-up-nfls-hiring-calendar

I hope so but it needs to work this time.

Aka: "I signed up for this board earlier than many on here so therefore I am better."

Never posted much = why should we care then?

Poster child for Soggy's complaint. He's not wrong.

Edited by ndirish1978

Yeah yeah, sure sure.

Show me the baby.

As a proud father I can tell you I pointed out my wife's baby bump more than once.

Nothing wrong with it, though it indeed means very little.

I mean, yeah, hiring an all-star team of midwives doesn't guarantee a talented baby. Doesn't hurt, either, though. And let's face it, there's a major hunger for NFL news, even when very very little is happening, as a five-page thread about the scouting staff shows.

Edited by Thurman#1