5-22: Whaley Will Speak on SiriusXM NFL

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug is a decent fellow and I can't feel too bad for him collecting a big paycheck for the next several years while having no responsibilities. He was really a glorified scout. I think we are in a much better place with the current GM and his staff.

Doug is a decent fellow and I can't feel too bad for him collecting a big paycheck for the next several years while having no responsibilities. He was really a glorified scout. I think we are in a much better place with the current GM and his staff.

Will be a while before we know if that's true or not, but we certainly know Beane is much better at articulating himself in public settings.

@SiriusXMNFL

Doug Whaley: One of the guys we took a lot of pride in, when we didnt have a 1st round pick was Ronald Darby. #Bills

Doug Whaley: This is a production based business and bottom line is we didn't produce enough wins.

"If I get a shot again to be a GM in this league I would make sure I secured a franchise QB, quickly" Doug Whaley

Doug Whaley on Pegulas: "Great owners, great people & great owners. There's nothing that we asked as personnel dept that they said no to."

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley on draft room: “It wasn’t uncomfortable at all. We worked well together. It was a great working relationship [with Sean McD]."

Doug Whaley: “As a parting gift, we left them with two [first-round picks] next year.”

Doug Whaley on @SiriusXMNFL that the Pegulas are “great people and great owners. … We did not produce. I take full responsibility."

@TyDunne

Hearing how Brandon Beane breaks down the QB position compared to how Doug Whaley did should give all Bills fans hope for better days.

@SiriusXMNFL

Whaley: "It was business as usual in that draft room and we all worked well together and the draft the #Bills had was reflective of that".

@viccarucci

Whaley: "Right now I'm reconnecting w the family. I'm just going to take a deep breath, sit back & relax & listen to things coming my way."

Whaley said that he got a note from Jim Tressel after he was fired by #Bills that said: "Next chapter will be the best chapter."

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley has been “reconnecting with his family” since being fired by the Bills. He says he is considering opportunities outside football

@SiriusXMNF

Whaley on Sean McDermott: He will have them in position to win a lot of football games. The Buffalo #Bills wont be beating themselves.

@SiriusXMNFL

Doug Whaley: One of the guys we took a lot of pride in, when we didnt have a 1st round pick was Ronald Darby. #Bills

Doug Whaley: This is a production based business and bottom line is we didn't produce enough wins.

"If I get a shot again to be a GM in this league I would make sure I secured a franchise QB, quickly" Doug Whaley

Doug Whaley on Pegulas: "Great owners, great people & great owners. There's nothing that we asked as personnel dept that they said no to."

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley on draft room: It wasnt uncomfortable at all. We worked well together. It was a great working relationship [with Sean McD]."

Doug Whaley: As a parting gift, we left them with two [first-round picks] next year.

Doug Whaley on @SiriusXMNFL that the Pegulas are great people and great owners. We did not produce. I take full responsibility."

@TyDunne

Hearing how Brandon Beane breaks down the QB position compared to how Doug Whaley did should give all Bills fans hope for better days.

@SiriusXMNFL

Whaley: "It was business as usual in that draft room and we all worked well together and the draft the #Bills had was reflective of that".

@viccarucci

Whaley: "Right now I'm reconnecting w the family. I'm just going to take a deep breath, sit back & relax & listen to things coming my way."

Whaley said that he got a note from Jim Tressel after he was fired by #Bills that said: "Next chapter will be the best chapter."

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley has been reconnecting with his family since being fired by the Bills. He says he is considering opportunities outside football

@SiriusXMNF

Whaley on Sean McDermott: He will have them in position to win a lot of football games. The Buffalo #Bills wont be beating themselves.

Very interesting. Thanks.

He sure went out with a lot more class than Rex did

That he did. I was curious if he cursed out the media like Rex did, guess he did not.

@SiriusXMNFL

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley on draft room: “It wasn’t uncomfortable at all. We worked well together. It was a great working relationship [with Sean McD]."

Doug Whaley: “As a parting gift, we left them with two [first-round picks] next year.”

Doug Whaley on @SiriusXMNFL that the Pegulas are “great people and great owners. … We did not produce. I take full responsibility."

@TyDunne

@SiriusXMNFL

@viccarucci

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley has been “reconnecting with his family” since being fired by the Bills. He says he is considering opportunities outside football

@SiriusXMNF

All but solidifies that EJ was not his pick! JK, I can't help myself.

@SiriusXMNF

Whaley on Sean McDermott: He will have them in position to win a lot of football games. The Buffalo #Bills wont be beating themselves

Nice - got a shot in on Rex

I was expecting them to follow up with a question about his opinion of Tyrod, but they seemed content to keep it high level. Good interview though, I loved his attitude.

Never subscribed to the hate. Always seemed like a decent smart hard working guy that just lack public speaking polish.

He made some very nice moves in his tenure (or at least nice moves were made that I believed were his doing).

the best summary of his overall tenure, I thought, was while he tactically assembled rosters that could compete- there was a lack of strategic blueprint...