Optimism Anyone?

H2o

Level of Optimism at this Stage  

241 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's early, but where are you at right now?

• Extremely Optimistic - Definitely Expecting​ Playoffs
    • Mildly Optimistic - Expecting Improvement, but no Playoffs
    • Slightly Optimistic - Hoping for the Best, but low Expectations
    • Not Optimistic - This Team is Still Hopeless

Just trying to see where everyone is at and why? I am mildly optimistic myself. I expect improvement, but the schedule coupled with the many changes makes me think we fall just short of the post season again.

Edited by H2o

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really optimistic about making thebplayoffs, but I am optimistic about the changes and what it could bring in the future. Change was needed and it happened.

So...mildly optimistic.

If Russ Brandon gets fired and we conduct a real GM and coaching search I will have hope again. Right now I see an aging and deteriorating roster. The defense peaked in 2014 and the offense peaked in 2015 and the talent for both has declined steadily since those peak years.

We hired a defensive coach from the Ron Rivera/Leslie Frazier Tree. That coach ran the last draft from a board created by scouts that were then fired. The GM search ended with Sean's wrestling buddy from Carolina who doesn't have a scouting background but is more of an admin guy. They say they share a vision but that vision looks like getting players for the next year to help out the coach. The future has been not attended to again

And how will Sean the Wrestler and Brandon Beane settle disputes? Let's say Brandon wants a QB and Sean wants a LB next year in the first round. Sean McDermott, "We'll probably get that wrestling mat out." (9 minutes into video)

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/McDermott-on-Beane-First-Rookie-Minicamp/7b10fe63-9217-4da9-baa7-102207d2fd24

I am the most optimistic I've ever been in my life as a fan of the Bills.

Born in 1989, the Super Bowl Era for me was non-existent. I pick up in 1998 with my first game being the San Francisco 49ers with Steve Young at Buffalo.

We started that year 1-3 and then beat the stacked 49ers squad to reach 10-6 that year to make the playoffs.

I was hooked.

Got another taste of the playoffs that following year at Tennessee and the rest is history.

I think the Bills are finally doing things the right way and I have 100% faith in Coach McD to get things done and to lead us back to the playoffs and beyond.

Extremely optimistic

The last couple of years with that buffoon as HC I had zero optimism, this year that has changed dramatically for me.

Last year the Tyrod led offense was 7th in scoring and should be just as good, and if Sammy can stay healthy, even better. The defense that Rex and his dumbazz twin destroyed should rebound with a great line, a LB unit that I think could be underrated, Darby, Seymore and a solid rookie at CB (Gilmore was overrated IMO) and Micah Hyde at safety (he was everywhere last year for Green Bay).

Not having Rex with his bizarre use of the challenge flag, time outs and other game day blunders should add a few more wins right there.

I can see a 10 win season, whether that gets the monkey off our back or not I'm not sure but for now I say PLAYOFFS BABY

rex ryan and the past 3 years have crushed my optimism expectations. when things looked so good marrone had us on the right track and then rex ryan came and ruined all of that progress we made - i just cannot see optimism for 2017.

i can see 6 wins, 7 if we try hard. i can see a lot of effort and trying really hard then just getting beat by better quality teams who have built themselves better than we have over the last 4 years.

with some drafts just right and so forth, we can win many more games next year.

Mildly optimistic that we make the playoffs this year; extremely optimistic that we make the playoffs next year & many years to follow. That's about the most optimistic I've felt about this team since the drought began.

Wait and see.... Not a fan of some of the moves this offseason but I'll wait and see how the product looks on the field.

My guess is 6-10 or 7-9 when its all said and done.

You?? Not a fan of some of the moves the Bills made? Never thought I'd hear you say that. /endsarcasm