Optimism Anyone?

H2o

Level of Optimism at this Stage  

241 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's early, but where are you at right now?

• Extremely Optimistic - Definitely Expecting​ Playoffs
    • Mildly Optimistic - Expecting Improvement, but no Playoffs
    • Slightly Optimistic - Hoping for the Best, but low Expectations
    • Not Optimistic - This Team is Still Hopeless

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year they should have finished 8-8, Jet game was a joke. Rex was awful. With some actual coaching that team could have won more games. I believe this year will be better, I'm optimistic.

....the Wrecks "experiment" set this club back two years........owners and children playing with "chemistry experiment sets" usually go.....BOOM..........we know..............

....sure is so far and on paper......but it is interesting to review strength of schedule stats before season(s) begin as compared to at the end of the season.....far too many variables by team to predict....so you play ALL 16 to win........has to be a non-issue otherwise it's doom 'n gloom IMO................better focal point is AFCE and going at best 4-2 as the initial goal......

well said my friend,

one injury to a key player, namely the QB, and it happens every season, changes the course of what would be a playoff contender and another team takes its place,

so why not us AFL...

...why not us...

well said my friend,

one injury to a key player, namely the QB, and it happens every season, changes the course of what would be a playoff contender and another team takes its place,

so why not us AFL...

...why not us...

....got my rosary beads and rabbit foot out...stay tuned....... :thumbsup: .....I ain't gonna be around much longer (will be cheering on TBD and in the streets I'm sure)..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Absolutely! IMHO, its the only way to approach a season.. this.. or any other.. why not? changes appear to be made to the culture,, really doesnt matter.. i love the Bills, football.. look forward to every season.. but am also human and get as pi$$ed as anyone when it goes off the rails.

I am optimistic, I don't envision the playoffs, but I do think there is a bright AF light at the end of the tunnel.

That being said, very few can without without a top tier QB CONSISTENTLY.

....playoffs are probably a year away.....BUT....can you imagine if in some way, some how Bflo made it as a wild card?.....can you imagine the number of self inflicted wounds among naysayers here and the unconscionable amount of bandwidth recouped?...gotta make a popcorn run....

Just trying to see where everyone is at and why? I am mildly optimistic myself. I expect improvement, but the schedule coupled with the many changes makes me think we fall just short of the post season again.

I'm extremely optimistic with the hires, but, I don't expect big things right away. Hope that makes sense.

here's what I hope for this season:

Tyrod establishes himself as a top 10 QB and we retain him.

The defense gets back its mojo and begins to gel and the scheme works

Sammy has a healthy, productive season

The rookies contribute and White and Jones become solid starters

The mood and the culture of the organization is one of optimism and confidence.

Whether we make the playoffs or not this year is immaterial...it's all about changing directions. I think we have a good start on that.

I hate this current direction without a rebuild. I want to tank, as that would give me slight optimism for the future... However, 7-9 purgatory looks like goal of this team.

I never understand why people think intentionally tanking is any kind of answer. For one high draft pick? Not try for an entire season? Insane to me.

They're running it perfectly. They're set up well to compete this year, especially if Taylor plays well. If he doesn't and they do go 7-9, they have an extra 1st and can maneuver up into a higher pick if they want to.

I had an event i wanted to attend. Kinda of a learning thing. TedX.

You needed to write a short note to be accepted. Small thing, locally.

But very cool indeed.

My tag line i wore on my badge was

enthusiastically intrigued

I think it applies here as well.

and to most of my life actually

I never understand why people think intentionally tanking is any kind of answer. For one high draft pick? Not try for an entire season? Insane to me.

They're running it perfectly. They're set up well to compete this year, especially if Taylor plays well. If he doesn't and they do go 7-9, they have an extra 1st and can maneuver up into a higher pick if they want to.

you noticed his character in the avatar i hope, and the name.

: )