Whaley Condo for Sale

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where we live the school board portion of your property taxes go away when you turn 62. I didn't realize how significant that was when we bought, but then met a neighbor who was celebrating his 62nd B-day....his taxes went from $7,500 to $2,500!

In a sketchy neighborhood....

Please tell me you are in West Seneca

The taxes in NY are criminal but people keep voting the same way, so it'll never change. I pay almost as much annually for my unimproved land in WNY as I do for property tazes on my 5000SF house.

I pay 8k for a $1.1M home in MD. $27k for that POS is highway robbery and is the reason NY is going down the toilet. I have no sympathy for the NY voter.

NY voters are dominated by civil servants and people supported by the gov't. So they vote in spenders like Mario C and he taxes the hell out of who is left. This free college tuition he is rolling out and the $15 minimum wage are going to be killers

Alpharetta guy over here lol!

Do you know anything about the Bills bar in Johns Creek I mentioned earlier in the thread?

(after a bit of research, I believe the guy who told me about it may have been referring to Tavern at Medlock. Owner appears to be from Buffalo, they serve Beef on weck, sahlens hot dogs, etc... and they apparently have all the TV's on Bills game on Sundays. I may need to check it out this season.)

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

It blows my mind, I knew guys paying $9000-$11,000 in taxes annually for homes in Pittsford and Brighton. Nice homes, but I wouldn't consider them mansions or anything. That monthly payment sure will sting after you've paid for the home.

2000 square feet in Arvada CO -$1700 a year. :D

#sorrynotsorry

we were looking in pittsford two years ago, and had to stop because the housing specs we wanted were getting in the mid-20s. it's gross. we found what we wanted in a different area, and while the taxes aren't cheap, it still less than that. unfortunately, the taxes per month are still more than the principal and interest combined. good ole ny...the housing here is affordable, and the taxes kick you in the teeth.

we were looking in pittsford two years ago, and had to stop because the housing specs we wanted were getting in the mid-20s. it's gross. we found what we wanted in a different area, and while the taxes aren't cheap, it still less than that. unfortunately, the taxes per month are still more than the principal and interest combined. good ole ny...the housing here is affordable, and the taxes kick you in the teeth.

Luckily you can fix teeth.

Traffic in Atlanta kicks me in the teeth.

Luckily you can fix teeth.

Traffic in Atlanta kicks me in the teeth.

i've heard. i have it super easy with traffic being 6 miles from work. that being said, i don't feel bad for you one bit.

i've heard. i have it super easy with traffic being 6 miles from work. that being said, i don't feel bad for you one bit.

So we had a major overpass collapse that's still being fixed and the road that leads to my house is having a major renovation on the sidewalks....took me 2 hours to get home last night. 20 miles.

Do you know anything about the Bills bar in Johns Creek I mentioned earlier in the thread?

(after a bit of research, I believe the guy who told me about it may have been referring to Tavern at Medlock. Owner appears to be from Buffalo, they serve Beef on weck, sahlens hot dogs, etc... and they apparently have all the TV's on Bills game on Sundays. I may need to check it out this season.)

Its awesome! Look for Bills Backers tickers for the bills/Falcons game, they will by a massive lot of them together (If they can)

We are in Peachtree City/Newnan Area. We just got a Duffs a few months back!!!

Its awesome! Look for Bills Backers tickers for the bills/Falcons game, they will by a massive lot of them together (If they can)

We are in Peachtree City/Newnan Area. We just got a Duffs a few months back!!!

WHAT?!? A Duffs down here? Is it just like back home? I will definitely be at the Bills game in Atlanta, should be a good Bills crowd.

p.s. Please tell me they serve gravy with their fries!

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

So we had a major overpass collapse that's still being fixed and the road that leads to my house is having a major renovation on the sidewalks....took me 2 hours to get home last night. 20 miles.

oh god. ok...i feel a bit sorry for you.