Whaley Condo for Sale

Anyone else think that looks almost exactly like Kevin Costner's place in Draft day?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. I live 2 minutes from Lassiter off of Sandy Plains.

1) I'm around the Vinings

2) What the heck is an Ojibwa?

3) I give the architect no bonus points for that box. Nice interior, but....not much to look at.

What part of ATL?

Mine our $2,500 Isn't it amazing. The whole Buffalo is a cheap place to live thing is so overblown.

I pay roughly $550 less a month in property taxes on a comparable house in Buffalo.

It blows my mind, I knew guys paying $9000-$11,000 in taxes annually for homes in Pittsford and Brighton. Nice homes, but I wouldn't consider them mansions or anything. That monthly payment sure will sting after you've paid for the home.

2000 square feet in Arvada CO -$1700 a year. :D

#sorrynotsorry

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Yeah, but you're in Georgia. Ya gets what ya pay for.

I'll pay for mild winters. :)

And I'd go back to Sarasota, FL in a heartbeat!

There is Atlanta, then there is Georgia. Just like there is Nashville, then drive 30 minutes and find yourself in Tennessee.

I like it. That condo out here in the Bay Area would be 5-6 million easily.

My wife was recently offered a great job out there, and that's one of the reasons she said no thank you.

1) I'm around the Vinings

2) What the heck is an Ojibwa?

3) I give the architect no bonus points for that box. Nice interior, but....not much to look at.

I used to like live in Vinings about 5-6 years ago.

I was a regular at Padriacs and will be every Sunday again during the season since I cut cable/Directv.

Have I ever mentioned that there's no state income tax in Texas? :)

Texas would be a state I would move to for a good job.

I'll pay for mild winters. :)

And I'd go back to Sarasota, FL in a heartbeat!

There is Atlanta, then there is Georgia. Just like there is Nashville, then drive 30 minutes and find yourself in Tennessee.

The difference between Atlanta and the state of Georgia is the same between upstate NY and NYC.

There is a whole different culture outside of metro Atlanta.

I would say 50% of the people I know in Atlanta aren't from Atlanta...lots of transplants.

I was a regular at Padriacs and will be every Sunday again during the season since I cut cable/Directv.

I spent a couple seasons there myself. I'd start the season all hopefull where the Bills backers were (Hudson Grille in midtown then Whitehall Tavern). After a loss or 2 I'd hit Padriacs which I could walk to. A few more losses and I just sit home alone, watching on DTV and grieving in private. It's nice to have the excitement of a crowd. It's also nice to be able to hear the game.

I spent a couple seasons there myself. I'd start the season all hopefull where the Bills backers were (Hudson Grille in midtown then Whitehall Tavern). After a loss or 2 I'd hit Padriacs which I could walk to. A few more losses and I just sit home alone, watching on DTV and grieving in private. It's nice to have the excitement of a crowd. It's also nice to be able to hear the game.

I used to go to Hudson in midtown but I guess I'm old because it was too loud for me. Every commercial break...loud rap music.

I can understand after a TD but commercial breaks was too much.

Edited by Teeflebees

I used to go to Hudson in midtown but I guess I'm old because it was too loud for me. Every commercial break...loud rap music.

I can understand after a TD but commercial breaks was too much.

That's why it's fun for the opener, then I get progressively more tame. Not just because the season is falling apart, but I can only take so much of that.

Someone told me there is a really cool Bills/Buffalo bar in Johns Creek that puts on the "Buffalo experience" on Sundays for games. Owner is from Buffalo. I have not been because I still have Sunday ticket. Any Atlanta peeps know anything about it?

....Mario's house is still up for sale at $3 mil across the cul-de-sac from Jimbo (paid $1.9 mil at foreclosure)......Wrecks sold today to guy from Leo's Pizza.....real estate exec for former Bills FO/HC earns on a nice living......

Someone told me there is a really cool Bills/Buffalo bar in Johns Creek that puts on the "Buffalo experience" on Sundays for games. Owner is from Buffalo. I have not been because I still have Sunday ticket. Any Atlanta peeps know anything about it?

I don't know of one in Johns Creek but the other Bills Backer bar outside of Whitehall is in Norcross called Tavern at Medlock.

I'm interested to learn more about this one in Johns Creek.

I like it. That condo out here in the Bay Area would be 5-6 million easily.

Just looked at the outside of the condo. not impressed at a mil. but for Buffalo waterfront it is nice. Buffalo real estate is hyper inflated right now. in SF what would kill you is the HOA dues. I still own a house around 47th and Juddah in the sunset. I will take 6M today. It's worth about 4. It is turnkey. However I would have too evict my daughter and her husband. Its 9 houses from GGP. Two blocks from ocean beach. I bought it in 1980. I was a kid and cannot believe I held on too it. it is small but nice with a rental flat.

My wife was recently offered a great job out there, and that's one of the reasons she said no thank you.

Wise- I've been here 23 years and we are looking to get out. It's just too damn expensive and not worth it. I'd advise anyone thinking of moving here not to. I think there was a stat recently that said 40% of people are actively looking to leave the Bay Area and it is mainly because affordability. I could buy a house, but simply refuse to lay down 1.5 million for a modest home in a sub par neighborhood. If I pay 1.5 million for a home, it is going to be a 1.5 million home, not a shoe box next to an on ramp with a homeless tent city down the street.