Whaley Condo for Sale

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at the outside of the condo. not impressed at a mil. but for Buffalo waterfront it is nice. Buffalo real estate is hyper inflated right now. in SF what would kill you is the HOA dues. I still own a house around 47th and Juddah in the sunset. I will take 6M today. It's worth about 4. It is turnkey. However I would have too evict my daughter and her husband. Its 9 houses from GGP. Two blocks from ocean beach. I bought it in 1980. I was a kid and cannot believe I held on too it. it is small but nice with a rental flat.

Great move to hold on to it. I know exactly where that is. Id sell now- give your daughter a nice chunk of change and have them move to another city and pay cash for a big house.

Where we live the school board portion of your property taxes go away when you turn 62. I didn't realize how significant that was when we bought, but then met a neighbor who was celebrating his 62nd B-day....his taxes went from $7,500 to $2,500!

A small shack too.

In a sketchy neighborhood....

Just because I am blown away by that place being a million I will add my two cents about how absurd the taxes are. My house is about $300,000 in Windermere, FL (which is nice) and I pay right about $2000 a year in taxes with great schools and access to about anything I want. I pay the state and local governments literally $10K less per year based on income and taxes.

Just because I am blown away by that place being a million I will add my two cents about how absurd the taxes are. My house is about $300,000 in Windermere, FL (which is nice) and I pay right about $2000 a year in taxes with great schools and access to about anything I want. I pay the state and local governments literally $10K less per year based on income and taxes.

I assume you are homesteaded. How long have you been there? For those unfamiliar, in FL homesteading means your taxes can only go up 2-3%/year so people don't get taxed out of their houses (and it sticks more burden on non-residents, like gas and bed taxes). I've seen taxes go from $2,000/yr to $25,000 when it changes hands after years of ownership. Buyer beware! Edited by Augie

I pay well over 11k for my 3k sqft house here in western ny. Build a custom home here, and get killed by Andrew...

My Naples Florida townhouse 1,900sqft runs about 3k with hoa.

Edited by George C

Where we live the school board portion of your property taxes go away when you turn 62. I didn't realize how significant that was when we bought, but then met a neighbor who was celebrating his 62nd B-day....his taxes went from $7,500 to $2,500!

In a sketchy neighborhood....

did someone say Bay Area shack? Here you go:

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2015/09/21/this-is-what-350000-buys-you-in-san-franciscos-crazy-housing-market/

You see what it goes for, then know what the dirt is worth. They tell you how big the house is, but not the lot. It's all about the land. And it's crazy pricey! (And why there was no way they could pay us enough to move out there.)