Karlos Williams' son battling rare illness;family in need

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me his son is getting great healthcare. One more surgery and get that cute little joker back home running around in his diapers. Kids are incredibly tough, he's gonna be fine.

Karlos was one of my favorite rookies we've ever had, but now he's simply a reminder and a lesson for the other young players out there that it takes a lot more than natural talent to be a good pro. Focus, discipline and drive to succeed aren't something everyone has. Everyone has a lazy side to them, Karlos just gave in to his more than most.

Might be a blessing in disguise though, he was a concussion guy and his running style wasn't going to do him any favors down the road. I'd rather regret not playing to my potential for my entire life than have brain damage and problems moving, learning and speaking.

I can't believe some of the posters on here, bashing Karlos because he didn't make the best decisions... ffs, he was still a kid. I guess none of you EVER made a bad decision when you were younger.

No one could predict this kind of thing happening to their child. It's hard no matter what your financial status is. At least he can be there for little Kason. Honestly, with his concussions he wasn't going to have a long luxurious career anyway. I for one will be donating and I hope some of you take a minute and think "what if that was my kid" I wish Karlos and Kason the best and hope for a good recovery

he is suspended for 10 games but perhaps the team will donate toward the medical expenses.

Got to imagine that Vince is going to be chipping in to some degree to help them out. I'm sure there's probably a lot of help coming from the Steelers because Vince is such a popular guy.

I can't think of anything worse than seeing a little one suffer.

Prayers for the Williams family.

he is suspended for 10 games but perhaps the team will donate toward the medical expenses.

Hopefully this will motivate Karlos.

He's got the talent but priorities weren't straight. Maybe this is something to be him on the right path.

Los couldn't even stay on the Steelers' practice squad, that's how badly he screwed up. No way we let him down. But again, if he gets back in shape and is motivated to earn some money for his family's sake, bring him back in and see if he's still got it!

I always liked Karlos. I feel like the Bills let him down really heartbreaking to see this happen to anyone.

The Bills being a professional football organization, don't let people down. They do what's in the best interests of their organization and future.

If Karlos cleans up I think he will get one more shot. Really good football player with size/speed not frequently seen... he has bigger issues and not easy for anyone let alone a guy in his 20s.

I can't think of any better reason to clean up your act and ensure money is never an obstacle to he best treatment available

I can't believe some of the posters on here, bashing Karlos because he didn't make the best decisions... ffs, he was still a kid. I guess none of you EVER made a bad decision when you were younger.

I'm sure not many on here made a decision as a "kid" that cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars.

As for his son, I wish him the best. The great part about this is that Hirschsprung's is 100% curable with surgery, unless it's part of a larger syndrome. He'll be fine.

Bills should do him a solid and give him another shot.

But probably won't, because the NFL is a business.

I mean, why should they? Karlos screwed them over but not being a professional when they took a chance on him.

I feel awful for his child. He didn't deserve this. But his father has made terrible decisions since high school. He cost himself a NFL career and a very nice life for his family by being dumb. Hopefully, after multiple second chances, he grews up and becomes a man for his family.