Broncos rescind season tickets

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Dad wouldn't take you to a game because he didn't want to go, they couldn't have paid him to take you to the game. The lame excuses he came up with scarred you against the reality of supply and demand for entertainment.

If the Bills had such a policy they'd likely have booted me (before I voluntarily gave them up this year). As an out of state fan I only used a couple of tickets myself each year and sold the rest.

I really don't have a problem with this at all, and I love how they caught the one guy in a huge lie about just selling his 2016 tickets.

How did you sell the tickets you didn't use?

If the Bills had such a policy they'd likely have booted me (before I voluntarily gave them up this year). As an out of state fan I only used a couple of tickets myself each year and sold the rest.

I really don't have a problem with this at all, and I love how they caught the one guy in a huge lie about just selling his 2016 tickets.

Ya he didn't attend a game in like 3-4 years lol and said it was a one year thing. I like this and hate it at same time but happy that guy got booted

The lesson I learned from this article? If I'm going to sell seats don't do it online and DEFINITELY don't do it through the team's site.

That's how I do most of my sales. I've got one person that will buy two games, then the others I usually find people at work or friends. The only definite game I make each year is the home opener for the TBDAHOT party.

As with most things, there are 2 sides to this discussion. On one side, there are clearly people with valid reasons for not attending a single game so a case by case assessment is called for. On the other side, we know there are those who are just out for a quick buck and have no love for their team and don't care about the real fans. I am happy to see them lose their season tickets.

Yet major sports leagues team up with StubHub and allow tickets to be sold at 3X their value

NFL ticket exchange charged me $65 per ticket last year to buy them in Baltimore last year. That is just nuts.

I also give away my preseason tickets.

Only make 5-7 games a year. Most times sell tickets if not going to friends for close to cost.

I am paying for them. It doesn't say he can't resell them.

That's how I do most of my sales. I've got one person that will buy two games, then the others I usually find people at work or friends. The only definite game I make each year is the home opener for the TBDAHOT party.

Bills are a different situation...shoot, I am sure if the Bills could offload 10,000 more tickets to brokers than they already do they would gladly do it...and most likely even give a discount on top of the season ticket discount. Sounds like Kirby could weigh in on that.

And i am sure that goes for all 3 other major leagues...NFL is unique for this type of thing.

And Maed, i was thinking of buying Wizards playoff tickets directly from the Wizards, was cheaper to go secondary as the fees per ticket were lower..

Edited by plenzmd1

So they weed out individual ticket resellers to get people off the waiting list. To the tune of 400 seats for a 75,000 person waiting list. That's one half of one percent of the waiting list.

Meanwhile, per Kirby (who knows what he is talking about with regards to the ticket sales business) relationships are maintained with large-scale ticketbrokers who can control ~1,000 seats?

Yeah, anyone with a calculator and half a brain can tell that's some horsesh*t PR right there. This isn't exactly a magnanimous move by the Broncos.

The whole ticket system should be digitalized by now. Paper tickets are so old fashioned. If you can't go to the game then you transfer the ticket to someone else's account at actual face value. If the system sees you transferring your tickets to other people over a certain threshold (>51% of the games or something) then it flags you and you lose your seasons. Scalping is disgusting, get a job

Bills system is digital, but requires a card to get into the stadium. Not everybody has a cell phone (really), so can't go that route exclusively. We have had tickets for many decades, and the switch to a card was a little bit of a problem as some of our participants were not digitally literate...so we had to print out tickets in some cases for them. I know of one other crew that had to print out the whole season to split the tickets......as they had to many members to effectively move the cards around..especially when the receiving party was in another city. So, all digital is a vision, but far from a reality.

In terms of attendance mandate to continue to buy....that is a team decision. Our group often sold tickets, perhaps 1/3 of seats when it was at its peak...usually because folks were out of town or unable to attend for other reasons. I don't think that behavior is out of line....however, the resale market is crazy and I have been stunned to see all the tickets on the NFL ticket exchange for some games. And, of course, with the Bills, the games at the end of the season the last couple of decades have been low to zero demand because of team out of race....and we had to eat a number of seats in those cases. Anyhow, Bronco's are within their rights, and sounds llike they sheding professional scalpers .

NFL ticket exchange charged me $65 per ticket last year to buy them in Baltimore last year. That is just nuts.

I also give away my preseason tickets.

Only make 5-7 games a year. Most times sell tickets if not going to friends for close to cost.

I am paying for them. It doesn't say he can't resell them.

Dude, the money you pay for Bills games is other-worldly. Just give me one-quarter of that amount each year and I'll kick you in the nuts 16 times.

Deal?

The whole ticket system should be digitalized by now. Paper tickets are so old fashioned. If you can't go to the game then you transfer the ticket to someone else's account at actual face value. If the system sees you transferring your tickets to other people over a certain threshold (>51% of the games or something) then it flags you and you lose your seasons. Scalping is disgusting, get a job

Than call me old. I like using paper tickets.

So the NFL promotes it's Ticket Exchange through Ticketmaster then allows teams to punish season ticket holders for using it. Well done. The lesson I learned from this article? If I'm going to sell seats don't do it online and DEFINITELY don't do it through the team's site.

I don't think the article says that the offending parties used Ticket Exchange. Did they? It just says one of the guys sold his tix on the "secondary market" for the last 4 years. I get why the article highlighted fans with sick relatives to make the point. Sob stories always sell. But I do think it would have been a PR advantage for the Broncos to give warnings and allow people who had been scalping all their tickets to adjust their behavior. I think it's a little harsh.

I've had season tix in Foxboro for 23 years, and I use Ticket Exchange all the time, because I can't afford to go to every game. I go to at least two games a year and all playoff games, but I use Ticket Exchange precisely because I want the security of the team not penalizing me for whoever my seats might be sold to. STH don't make a profit using Ticket Exchange, the team does. So I don't think that's what the Broncos are doing here.

How do you sell late season games when the team is out of the running and the weather conditions are challenging? Do you take a loss or simply eat the tickets?

How do you sell late season games when the team is out of the running and the weather conditions are challenging? Do you take a loss or simply eat the tickets?

The key is to get people to commit early. My wife works every other weekend so we figure out which games she can't attend right when the schedule is released, then I find friends to fill in. By the time the team sucks, they've already committed to filling in....suckers

So the NFL promotes it's Ticket Exchange through Ticketmaster then allows teams to punish season ticket holders for using it. Well done. The lesson I learned from this article? If I'm going to sell seats don't do it online and DEFINITELY don't do it through the team's site.

Did you even read the article? They rescinded season tickets of folks who didn't go to games for a season or more

The key is to get people to commit early. My wife works every other weekend so we figure out which games she can't attend right when the schedule is released, then I find friends to fill in. By the time the team sucks, they've already committed to filling in....suckers

You have very gullible friends. It's not as if they wouldn't know how the season would evolve to and what the weather is likely to be. I'm running a pyramid scheme that is very profitable for me. Could you give me the addresses of your friends so I can make a sales pitch?

What JM said, my regulars decide which games they want as soon as the schedule comes out. The other games, early in the season I usually get face value for. As the season goes on, I'll either go below face, or if it's for a good cause, I'll give them away. I've paid off my tickets early enough that any money I get late in the season for them is bonus to me, not expected.