Most frustrating season as of late?

Well I mean I guess they all sort of are. 2012 stood out to me though. I tended to believe Fitzpatrick struggled at the end of 2011 because of a hit against Washington. He supposedly had broken ribs he played with. I still had high hopes for him. Then the Mario signing which was huge at the time. Also, Stevie took less money to return that season which to me indicated something good was gonna happen. Plus the Pats didn't appear that strong that year. Needless to say I had high expectations.

Week 1 came that year and we got creamed by then Rex's Jets. The Titans & Rams games also stand out that year as they were a down away from winning both those games. Uggh very frustrating season.

For me it was probably Rex year 1. The hire made me very nervous and then watching our offense look decent, finally having that avg QB that was going to put us over the top. Despite my aversion to Ryan, I still got suckered in . . . that was probably the worst part.

And then there was that season opener!

Yeah I'd agree with the year one rex. I felt like the team was so close and learning to win and be dominant. Marrone got them right there I felt like him and Hackett really held them back from being a winner. I hated the Rex hire but I was excited to see Roman run the offense. Sad part was year one I was not disappointed in Roman I loved his offense year one. Just the defense sucked so bad.

I have to say, 2008 (Jaurons' last full season) was the year that I went from a 24/7 kool-aid drinking Bills fan, and tried to take a more realistic view of what was going on...Jauron has to be my least favorite Bills coach in my cognizant Bills fan lifetime (1972- present)...not saying he was the worst coach (Hank Bullough and Rex say hello!), just sapped all the intrinsic joy of simply being a Bills fan out of me. After 2008, it would have to be either of Rex's years...I think the hiring of Rex Ryan, way more than whiffing on EJ Manual, over "overpaying" to draft Sammy, was the most colossal blunder of the last 10 years...he is not a good football coach, and the evidence was out there...I knew it when he got hired too...but I so much wanted to buy the bull **** he was selling... so, long answer short, gotta be 2008, 2015, 2016 for me.

Rex Season 1, for sure.

We were 9-7 the year prior, primarily due to our defense.

He killed it all, very quickly.

!@#$ him.

I wanted to like Rex. I liked the swagger, some of the annoying cockiness aside, i wanted to be the team that smacked you in the mouth. Only problem - he's a terrible coach.

I have to say, 2008 (Jaurons' last full season) was the year that I went from a 24/7 kool-aid drinking Bills fan, and tried to take a more realistic view of what was going on...Jauron has to be my least favorite Bills coach in my cognizant Bills fan lifetime (1972- present)...not saying he was the worst coach (Hank Bullough and Rex say hello!), just sapped all the intrinsic joy of simply being a Bills fan out of me. After 2008, it would have to be either of Rex's years...I think the hiring of Rex Ryan, way more than whiffing on EJ Manual, over "overpaying" to draft Sammy, was the most colossal blunder of the last 10 years...he is not a good football coach, and the evidence was out there...I knew it when he got hired too...but I so much wanted to buy the bull **** he was selling... so, long answer short, gotta be 2008, 2015, 2016 for me.

Dick Jauron was just so... ugh. 1 winning season in 9 seasons of HCing.

I wanted to like Rex. I liked the swagger, some of the annoying cockiness aside, i wanted to be the team that smacked you in the mouth. Only problem - he's a terrible coach.

Yeah, man. I freely admit that I was ecstatic when Rex got hired. That lasted until week 2 of the regular season. Horrible.

That was the magical Bears season where they won so many games on pure luck, late. Bounces, picks, etc.

A tie between Rex's 2 seasons( I try to group those 2 together as one long nightmare) or the season when Rob Johnson took over for Flutie for the last game of the regular season and the BS Miracle Throwback playoff game.

Honestly, it's all just blended into one big cluster!@#$ from the moment of the forward lateral till now.

Same with the Sabres since the '06 ECF.

Edited by KD in CA

For me it was probably Rex year 1. The hire made me very nervous and then watching our offense look decent, finally having that avg QB that was going to put us over the top. Despite my aversion to Ryan, I still got suckered in . . . that was probably the worst part.

And then there was that season opener!

This was it for me. First three weeks were really good. Beat the Colts, lost to the Pats but then bounced back and absolutely crushed the Dolphins on the road. I thought we maybe finally turned a corner. We blew so many opportunities that year. The London debacle with EJ. The blown second half against Kansas City. Not at least splitting against Philly and Washington. We seemed to self implode in those games. Winning just two of those four games would have put us at 10-6.

Guest NeckBeard

Name the season. 2011 was a rooster tease. It was. 2012 was as I had expected. 2013 wasn't awful. 2014 was hopeful. 2015 and 2016 were hugely disappointing, last year in particular.

Rex Season 1, for sure.

We were 9-7 the year prior, primarily due to our defense.

He killed it all, very quickly.

!@#$ him.

This is it, and it's not even close.

All the other frustrations in other seasons the team simply was not good enough. When Marrone quit the roster ready to make a run and I was frustrated the day we hired Rex to "lead" them. We kicked his a$$ the last few times we played the Jets and it just never made any sense to me at all. Knowing the team made such a colossal error, but still having to pull for them because they're your team and you think they are good enough is the most frustrating thing in sports.

Honestly, it's all just blended into one big cluster!@#$ from the moment of the forward lateral till now.

Same with the Sabres since the '06 ECF.

Weirdly this past season was the most frustrated I've been with the Sabres in a long time...maybe ever. I think they had a playoff roster (even with the D), and it was pretty hard watching them get out coached. They seemed to be able to score in flurries and at times at will, and you could see the team be forcibly pulled back to "protect" at times. That and the fact that we had the number one power play made it incredibly frustrating for me. A complete waste of a season.

Edited by fridge