Knowing what you know today about Kelly and Brady

I would state that Kelly would not fair as well in the Brady era,

Brady would not fair as well in the Kelly era.

The defense of the 90's and the ability to hit the QB would have had a greater impact on Brady. Would he have been as successful without the tuck rule and if a flag would not have been thrown every time someone breathed on him?

Kelly OTOH would be more like a Carson Palmer in the Brady Era.. Just my opinion

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have traded up in the First round (obviously knowing what I know) for Brady, if only to hear fans complain about what a stupid move it was.

Then, like 15 years later when we're STILL winning, I'd totally throw it in everyone's face. :nana:

Edited by Heitz

Kelly or Brady + cheating coach and organization? Brady is awesome no doubt but we will never know the extent that the cheating has had on the team as a whole. We don't know the results without all the Shady **** that was going down so I'll stick with Kelly.

I would have traded up in the First round (obviously knowing what I know) for Brady, if only to hear fans complain about what a stupid move it was.

Then, like 15 years later when we're STILL winning, I'd totally throw it in everyone's face. :nana:

Best answer yet !...well done....

I would state that Kelly would not fair as well in the Brady era,

Brady would not fair as well in the Kelly era.

The defense of the 90's and the ability to hit the QB would have had a greater impact on Brady. Would he have been as successful without the tuck rule and if a flag would not have been thrown every time someone breathed on him?

Kelly OTOH would be more like a Carson Palmer in the Brady Era.. Just my opinion

now thats an insult to Kelly.Kelly would be more like Big Ben.

Kelly. Brady never becomes Brady without Belichick.

I think a QB has to have the nature to be great QB, but I think there are very, very few who get there without nurture.

Edited by jeremy2020

Awesome

Could be peterman 15 years from now.

How can we answer this?

Would they be both playing on those teams of the 80/90s?

And in that era?

If so Kelly all day long. QB were allowed to be hit back then and Brady isn't as tuff as Jimbo.

If we're talking today, then it's hard to argue with Brady's success but I do wonder how good Jim would be playing today.

Perhaps some weren't able to see what Kelley did in the USFL?

Edited by Yav

I wish Kelly had played in the era where they protected quarterbacks like anything and opened up the passing game. And that the Bills had a DC like Belichick.

Oh yeah, and HGH.