Peterman will be the starter.

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't feel buffalo is in rebuilding mode at this time at all.

i'd be move than fine if peterman starts. i would assume it meant he was better than and beat out taylor in camp, and that would be great for this team. i don't see it at this point, but i'd have no problem with it. are you assuming that peterman is just handed the job?

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

Your word is marked......

If TT gets hurt. He wasn't the reason we lost games last year, he wasnt great, but he made plays when he needed to and he didn't make mistakes that cost us the game. If he repeats or improves from last year I seriously doubt a rookie beats him out. And I don't consider myself a TT supporter. Just being realistic.

Funny thing is, I actually think Jones or Peterman have a legit shot to push, BUT not enough to win the job.

Mcdermott wanted to keep Tyrod because the guy doesn't turn the ball over. Gives him the best short term answer to be somewhat competitive this year while maintaining the new course this team is on.

Like death and taxes, a QB controversy in Buffalo is a given.

We could have a one armed QB as a backup and people would still be calling for him to start.

That's the beauty of being an arm chair coach.

Like death and taxes, a QB controversy in Buffalo is a given.

We could have a one armed QB as a backup and people would still be calling for him to start.

Until one comes in and locks down the role, what do you expect?

If this is the case you would unload Shady no reason to pay a top 4 back in league big money if you don't believe you will be touching the playoffs.

I hope peterman becomes the #2 but I think Yates is the safety net in-case we are at 7-7 and taylor goes down to give us a chance to get to 9 wins and sneak in.

Count me in. I fully believe Peterman will end up being the best QB in this draft and he will start and do great. The guys at Sirius have been talking since Saturday how they love the kid and they feel he will end up being our starter. He is PERFECT for what Dennison does and that is what you need.

Can you imagine, we get a starting CB, WR, RT and QB in this draft? Then we have two firsts next year to parlay into more picks to fill out this roster with better talent? 2018 could be THE Year folks,

I am Pumped up for this season.

Tank mode is not an option for me,,,and I assume after his experience w/ the Sabres it's not an option for the Pegulas. I'm all for winning as many games as possible now. I'm a big TT fan and hope he kills it this year and puts all the naysayers to bed.

However, if Peterman beats him out with his play (and i don't expect this until Summer 2018)...I'm all for him starting. Gruden and a bunch of other NFL media thinks this kid can be a very successful Pro QB. We'll see.

Well I guess if we were looking to tank we could try starting Peterman. Thing is he could well be such a disaster that you would have no choice but to pull him anyway so why bother. And you sure wouldnt be doing the kid any favours. He needs to sit, learn and hone his basic skillset for a year even taking his "pro readiness" into account.

Peterman is not ready to see the field in any capacity right now IMO, let alone as a starter.