We should trade Sammy

Normally I scoff at these sort of suggestions, but everything we've seen from Sammy leads me to believe that he sees himself as a superstar, and who knows he probably could be if he remained healthy and had a really good QB throwing his way. I don't see him signing again with the Bills once he becomes a FA, the only way this happens is if the Bills offer him super star #1 WR money, and I just don't see how the Bills would do that considering his propensity to miss games due to injury.

Let's see how he does this year, if he does well we franchise him and try to sign him to a long term deal. If not, I suppose we keep him around another year and then let him walk.

Yes, no QB in here this year. Tyrod brought back. I can't see Sammy wanting to stay with no QB.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's dumb. Sammy has not choice. it is the team that gets to choose.

Sammy is nearing the end of his rookie contract. If a player doesn't want to play in Buffalo then the Bills will most likely not keep him. Maybe they franchise him next year and keep him for one more year. Or maybe tag and trade.

Bills made the mistake of trading two #1 picks for a WR with no QB (EJ unproven). Now they hire a coach before the GM.

Bills masters at doing things backwards.

Yes, no QB in here this year. Tyrod brought back. I can't see Sammy wanting to stay with no QB.

Stop acting as if Tyrod hasn't had any success throwing to Sammy. When they have been on the field together they have enjoyed good production.

Stop acting as if Tyrod hasn't had any success throwing to Sammy. When they have been on the field together they have enjoyed good production.

Sammy had to throw a temper tantrum to get the ball. It's not a good situation for a WR. Sammy would be successful anywhere but will never be a star here with a limited QB.

Sammy had to throw a temper tantrum to get the ball. It's not a good situation for a WR. Sammy would be successful anywhere but will never be a star here with a limited QB.

He already looks like a star. The only question with him is availability. BTW, get over it....Mahomes is in KC.

sammy somehow fell into 1047 yards in 13 games with tyrod as his qb and 430 yards with 8 games last year. so this idea that we have a qb who can't get sammy the ball is a myth. 2015 had he played 16 games at the same pace he'd have been 9th in the league in yards. I'm sure sammy could deal with those numbers. But let's leave facts out of this convo.

picking up the option or not does not mean we won't sign him to a long term deal....the 5th year option is fully guaranteed if injured and they want to make sure he is all the way back from his foot and there won't be any long term issues...

All it does is grantee only MAX 2 more years of his rights instead of 3 (2 franchise tag years) if he doesn't want to sign an extension.

Your math is wrong, and you missed Nick O'Leary. Geez did you pass grade school?

Hahaha, apparently not! I see that I just proved to all of Bills' Nation that I'm a retard! No more trying to do statistics for me, I'll just stick to opinions, it's too difficult trying to do this off an IPhone!

You could franchise him for similar value I believe.

Yep.

And they basically have nobody else hitting free agency in the next couple of seasons that is even CLOSE to being worthy of franchising.

Not like it was when they were facing Dareus/Gilmore/Tyrod all hitting FA at same time.

They do lose some maneuverability and potentially a few million in cap room(if franchised) by not picking up the option........but if the foot falls off in the meantime they don't owe him any money in 2018.

Also, I think it might sharpen his focus on 2017 and perhaps lead to a long term deal a year earlier.......which helps the 2018 cap and perhaps allows them to spread his money out a little longer.......like giving him a 7 year deal instead of 6 because they didn't dick around with the a huge 1 year option.

Those who say Sammy is only worth a 4th round pick are out of touch with reality. In case you didn't notice, three receivers were drafted in the first nine picks of the draft, even though many here predicted none would be taken in the top 15. WR is anything but a de-valued position. Although Sammy's had injury problems, they are not career ending type injuries and when healthy, Sammy is easily more talented than Davis, Williams or Ross. That being said, if Sammy was going to be traded, it would have happened before the draft, not after.

If Indy called me offering a 1st and a 4th I'd take it

Right now, I mean right now, If Indy offered me a first and a bagel I'd take it. But no one is offering or accepting anything until we all see if he can make it thru a productive season or not. I'm not sure he can. If he can bust an ankle just by reaching back for an EJ reject ball, who knows if this kids body can take it.

Edited by jmcraig44

Right now, I mean right now, If Indy offered me a first and a bagel I'd take it. But no one is offering or accepting anything until we all see if he can make it thru a productive season or not. I'm not sure he can. If he can bust an ankle just by reaching back for an EJ reject ball, who knows if this kids body can take it.

31 teams would give a first for Sammy between now and the option pickup cutoff.

Sammy is the best player on the team when healthy. I would only trade him if he isn't going to return to form. The guy is so young, he could play another 10 years.

See bolded text...

Sammy is out playing pick up B Ball these days - all while the Bills and Bills Fans are holding their collective breaths on IF/ or How Long he will be able to play FOOTBALL this year.

The kid is acting reckless in light of his history with the Bills.

I do not hold out much hope in him.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Sammy is not under a fifth year option, he will have a monster year showing off for free agency in 2018. Where does all this Sammy doesn't want to be here stuff come from? The Bills were his favorite team growing up. Trade Sammy? Lunacy!

I don't get some people.

Sammy is under contract this year and the Bills have the option for a 5th year.

Seeing as what the Bills gave up for Sammy I don't think trading him at this point in time would be worth it. What would they get for him? Who would want to trade for him? Lets face it he's un-proven right now and injury prone.

I actually think the Bills are doing the right thing with him. Decline the 5th year and let him play this season out. If he stays health and puts up big numbers they can tag him and work on a long term deal. If he gets injured then they can just walk away and push all the blame off on Whaley.

Another reason they can't trade him right now is because they have nothing of note behind him right now.

Its very easy for everyone to look back on that draft and say, man the Bills should have stayed put and taken OBJ, but if you really think about it, do any of you think OBJ would have been a good personality on these past Bills teams? Dude is a big head case and drops a lot of balls.

Play that what if game. What if OBJ was a Bill and Sammy was a Giant. Do you honestly think OBJ would be the better player at this point in their careers? I have a feeling everyone would be complaining the Bills should have traded up and taken Sammy.

Bottom line, Sammy is a Bill and IMO the Bills are finally approaching things with a clear head. Let Sammy prove his worth and health to the team this coming year before they invest in him long term.