We should trade Sammy

This is straight up wrong. No one is giving a 1 for a player who misses half the season constantly. Not to mention the fact that he has 1 year left on his contract. Nobody is trading for a 1 year rental.

HAS just one year left. Could have had two.

As to your assessment of his trade value: LOL.

Granted the Bills made an irrational decision to diminish it, but it is still high.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel we trade him, I'd trade try and trade shady too and full full tank mode. Wouldn't want to trade either but if they did, might as well gut it and lose as many as possible. The browns and niners are going to be pretty bad and want a ransom for the #1 pick

Buffalo sports mentality.....don't you want to win as many as possible? What a loser attitude

It is helpful when people have perspective. Only 5 NFL receivers are scheduled to make more money that Watkin's fifth year option costs next year:

Antonio Brown
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas
Dez Bryant
The franchise tag puts him in the Antonio Brown/ AJ Green level.

I personally don't think any NFL team will pay him as much as those players.

It boils down to this. The team and Watkins will work out a 3 or 4 year deal, that pays him at a level consistent with his production, or Watkins will try his luck as a free agent.

We should absolutely trade him. Regardless of what we want to do with with the franchise tag or a long term contract, Sammy is going to be playing for someone else in 2019. We've seen this same story over and over, Winfield, Clements, Byrd, Peters, Poz, Lynch, McGahee, Gilmore, the list goes on and on. He's not getting the option because he's been hurt, not because of on field performance and not because of off field drama, he's been hurt playing football, and not even as hurt as some people want to make it seem (played all 16 games in 2014, then 13 then 8 with the foot last year). That' s a slap in the face to Sammy.

We should absolutely trade him. Regardless of what we want to do with with the franchise tag or a long term contract, Sammy is going to be playing for someone else in 2019. We've seen this same story over and over, Winfield, Clements, Byrd, Peters, Poz, Lynch, McGahee, Gilmore, the list goes on and on. He's not getting the option because he's been hurt, not because of on field performance and not because of off field drama, he's been hurt playing football, and not even as hurt as some people want to make it seem (played all 16 games in 2014, then 13 then 8 with the foot last year). That' s a slap in the face to Sammy.

It is a new regime and you want to compare to old ones. If Sammy is healed up and Dennison uses him right he'll get a big offer from OBD.

It's amazing to me how many fans overvalue future draft picks relative to living, breathing good NFL players. People should look around--in the first, second, and fifth rounds this year, Belichick "drafted" good, productive players who are already in the NFL.

Please stop with the talk of trading the Bills' moat talented player (and young to boot) for a draft pick.

If we can get 1st or 2nd before he exits, great! However, it will be tough to get with his injury history. Plus, his numbers are paltry compared to others in his draft class (again due to injury).

It could be one of those rare mid-season trades with a potential playoff team though. Or, maybe there's a sucker out there.

It is a new regime and you want to compare to old ones. If Sammy is healed up and Dennison uses him right he'll get a big offer from OBD.

While Russ Brandon is still in the building or we make the playoffs, I'm not buying this new regime talk. The Bills as an organization have earned zero leeway with the fans at this point. This looks headed down the same road as our other top talent and I believe we'll see him playing for someone else soon with little to no compensation coming back to us. You can have all your blind faith in a "new regime", there's no more "fully pregnant" in my book.

While Russ Brandon is still in the building or we make the playoffs, I'm not buying this new regime talk. The Bills as an organization have earned zero leeway with the fans at this point. This looks headed down the same road as our other top talent and I believe we'll see him playing for someone else soon with little to no compensation coming back to us. You can have all your blind faith in a "new regime", there's no more "fully pregnant" in my book.

Be as irrational as you want. I agree we need to see how McD actually coaches but if you're one of those who thinks Brandon calls the shots it is clear you can't be reasoned with.