5 QBs, only 3 will be retained.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor in Peterman thread that TJ Yates plans to retire after TC and become a QB coach, so he'd work for David Culley. Just throwing it out there and if it comes down to him and Cardale, Yates is out. Money.

I don't think it's clear yet that Cardale can manage a game, much less 2-3 in a row. I would think that Dennison would want to have a guy he has confidence in on the bench. If Peterson does a Russ Wilson and comes into training camp poised and collected with that brisk "I've got this" air, what you say may occur. Otherwise, I think Cardale gets exposed on practice squad.

With the addition QB Nathan Peterman the Bills now have 5 QBs. Two will be released sooner or later. I can't imagine that the Bills will cut Peterman after they just drafted him so I fully expect Cardale Jones and Josh Woodrum to be the odd men out. If that's the case then I would like to see the Bills get SOMETHING for Cardale instead of just cutting him loose for nothing. I saw that the Redskins are going to try and trade RB Matt Jones and if they can't then they might just release him. I think that this trade could benefit both clubs.

They can put Jones on the practice squad if need be. Its not like he showed anything special that some team would want to put him on their 53 man.

Just out of curiosity why do we think Jones stinks now? He was a raw prospect that developed by most accounts. He was 2 years from ever playing. If you ever thought differently you didn't understand the player. None of that has changed. He may never make it but someone is going to try to develop him. You can't teach what he has. He's played like 1 NFL quarter and his story is written? That's crazy (regardless of what his career ends up being).

NFL should really let NFL teams have 4 or 5? QB's with 2 or 3? not counting on 53 man roster or salary cap. How else can NFL develop these college style offense guys who are trying to play Pro style offenses?

Maybe set some compensation level for QB 4 and 5 like a 5th rounder if any other team wants to sign him.

NFL has a real problem finding competent QB play. Developmental league could really help this.

Having teams hoard more QB prospects will make the NFL's lack of good starting QBs even worse. In fact, I would make it even more interesting and say QBs shouldn't be allowed on practice squads. That'll spread the wealth and give some of these kids a chance. Edited by Saint Doug

Tyrod, Peterman and Cardale...if Tyrod stays healthy and they win, great.

If he gets hurt and one of the others win, great.

If he gets hurt and the others suck, great...we get a top-5 pick next year and a chance at one of the top-3 QB's.

That's what happens if it's week 3 or something.

What if it's week 13 8-4? Heading into the final 4 including 2vs Patsies**. I might like to have someone experienced in there. We ain't gettin' a top 5 pick then anyway.

In fact, I would make it even more interesting and say QBs should be allowed on practice squads.

I'm pretty sure QBs CAN be on practice squad. We snagged Brohm off of the Cheese PS a few years ago.

That's what happens if it's week 3 or something.

What if it's week 13 8-4? Heading into the final 4 including 2vs Patsies**. I might like to have someone experienced in there. We ain't gettin' a top 5 pick then anyway.

If you are 8-4 I'd much rather Peterman or Cardale over Yates who we know sucks. If they aren't ready I am looking at the best QB out there for the stretch run (maybe Cutler at that point). Yates isn't the guy that's carrying you across the finish line.