GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russ will be asked Questions about NEW GM

Tell me again how he still isnt pulling strings

He isnt pulling the strings. If they made a decision without asking anyone people would criticise them for not listening to people who had been around the sport longer

He isnt pulling the strings. If they made a decision without asking anyone people would criticise them for not listening to people who had been around the sport longer

Sure sure

Russ has never built anything winning. But yeah keep giving him input.

This and TPegs should just hire an assistant GM (who coach wants) to work within McDermotts style and be his yes man.

No established GM anywhere is going to want the Bills GM job.

Yup. Assuming that they hire someone from McD's past that person will be beholden to the HC. That dog don't hunt.

It's true whether I say it or not.

You regularly just make **** up and say it to hear yourself talk.

It is what it is.

I didnt make anything up. There were fervent deniers that were still denying the firing even though the Bills posted a letter stating so. Just because what was said earlier. I couldnt care any less of your opinion. You opine your statements rich in amateurish pit downs towards others that dont blindly align their thinking towards your opinion(to which I might add has been extremely wrong on numerous occasions).

Whaley had some hits and misses. Most of the misses were related to drafting players who weren't that good, and also to salary cap management which kept the Bills from holding on to their own good players. The Dareus pick was a mistake. He's a selfish, lazy, talented guy who has never lived up to his high draft pick, and who was rewarded with an immense contract that's killing keeping other players. The Watkins trade is running out of time to work out. Injuries have kept us from seeing what he can do. But that draft was loaded with WRs and to give up a first and a fourth plus our first that year, was way crazy even if Watkins was never hurt. On the plus side, Shady. Gillislee but the Dareus contract and stupidity about 2d round tags cost us him. So in return we get a rookie LB who odds are won't make the team. Always always one step forward, at least one step back.

The worst part was hiring Wrecks, and that wasn't Whaley's fault. With better coaching and team discipline, the Bills had the talent to make the playof both of the last two years.

People blame Whaley for not bringing in a franchise QB. Well, seriously, do you think he just forgot to try? There aren't many of those guys out there. He missed badly with EJ, and everyone knew it at the time. We passed up Teddy Bridgewater because we had EJ. We passed on Russell Wilson. Along with the rest of the league, we missed on Dak Prescott. OTOH, we also did NOT spend high draft picks on EJv2, EJv3, etc, hoping to get lucky.

I remain convinced the Bills playoff drought is tied directly to the decision by Russ Brandon to move the training camp to his alma mater. The situation there does not lend itself to team bonding. The little town of Fredonia was perfect for guys going out for a beer together at one of the many bars after training camp practice. That's where teams are built, not with guys alone in their rooms with their headphones and smart phones.

From our side, how this played out is awkward and clunky

Hopefully behind the scenes there were things that make it more logical but I think there's genuine reason to be skeptical about where we stand and what's upcoming potentially

I got nothing towards that from Pegula's PC just now. If anything, he made it sounds even worse.