254 members have voted

1. 1. How did we do?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

D.

Should have just stayed at 10 and picked Mahomes.

KC looks brilliant doing that and the Bills would have been a laughing stock.

To me KC is the laughing stock and the Bills are the bright ones.

I would have cried if they took that kid at 10.

At 45 or so there might have been value.

I still don't see why KC was so desperate for a project QB.

Edited by JMF2006

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC looks brilliant doing that and the Bills would have been a laughing stock.

To me KC is the laughing stock and the Bills are the bright ones.

I would have cried if they took that kid at 10.

At 45 or so there might have been value.

I still don't see why KC was so desperate for a project QB.

They weren't. At all. Good GMs and teams think short, mid and long term simultaneously. They are thinking long term with Mahomes. Sit him like Aaron Rodgers sit him.

They weren't. At all. Good GMs and teams think short, mid and long term simultaneously. They are thinking long term with Mahomes. Sit him like Aaron Rodgers sit him.

I still find it desperate.

Next years draft is deeper at QB and trading up then would net a better prospect.

I am no professional scout but from everything I have read all this kid can do is throw and run and that just isn't enough in the NFL.

Like I said I would have cried had the Bills drafted him at 10 and they wouldn't have been tears of joy.

C-

Passed on elite talents at #10, replaced FA departures at #27 and #37, trade ups cost a lot.

Maybe 1-2 starters but neither of them are going to great players.

Got very Billsy in Round 2.

I don't see anything different than 6 wins.

You'd rather have Lattimore over White and next years first and a starting RT? The tradedown was epic win

Grade and discuss the overall Draft.

Very happy with our picks this year and pumped to have a extra first rounder next year. I wasn't huge on the Peterman pick but loving it more and more. That pick might be the steal of the entire draft.

The Bucs grabbing Howard at their draft position was the steal of the draft.

I rate it a D.

After all of these years we are right back on the 1st round defensive back merry go-round to losing football games.

I think that most fans will never understand that what makes a draft successful is when your team wins football games. Gilmore was "good." So were countless other defensive backs that we wasted first round picks on but the team lost football games. This would seem to be pretty simple to grasp but I guess it is not.

In any event, we always have hope this time of the year.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rate it a D.

After all of these years we are right back on the 1st round defensive back merry go-round to losing football games.

I think that most fans will never understand that what makes a draft successful is when your team wins football games. Gilmore was "good." So were countless other defensive backs that we wasted first round picks on but the team lost football games. This would seem to be pretty simple to grasp but I guess it is not.

I have to disagree in terms of the "draft grade". This sounds more like a complaint about previous cap management and team philosophy. Those complaints I can understand. We can't judge this draft by our previous won/loss record. As far as the trades we made and guys we picked this weekend, I have a much higher grade. Time to move forward, build a new regime and pray for something better!

I went with a B-. A 2018 1st is huge given the pending decision on the QB position. Big fan of the picks of White, Dawkins, Milano and Vallejo.

Thought Zay Jones was a bit of a reach (and a pointless trade-up as a consequence) and I have very few nice things to say about Peterman.

At the very least, the moves around the board showed ambition. The right type of people were sought after.

Hi I'm Blokes. I will just hate every QB that way I have a good chance of being right alot of the time.

Hi I'm Blokes. I will just hate every QB that way I have a good chance of being right alot of the time.

I'm trying not to get caught up in the lightning in a bottle enthusiasm myself, but asking for the reasons he feels the way he does might be more enlightening. There is a reason he lasted as long as he did. But he could still be the next Brady. Consider all points of view.

I rate it a D.

I thought you wouldn't like the Corner in the 1st and two small Tampa 2 linebackers.

I think this was the draft you would expect if you had a first time head coach who was also a first time GM with no front office experience picking players off a board from a scouting staff on their way out the door.

The Zay Jones pick was a massive waste to trade up for. I think McDermott wanted to get a WR and his coach knew the guy. Low upside, just like the projected backup QB taken in the 5th.

I hate the idea of cornerback but Tre White can play. Best cover skills coming out in the draft. He might not have as much upside as CB's going before him but he is plug and play. He also fills a need which is what McDermott looks to do.

Best players are Tre White and Dion Dawkins. Zay Jones could be a WR #3 this year.

1st three picks were drafted for needs. That's how a coach drafts, not a GM.

Too many picks thrown away trading up. Bills can't afford to keep burning picks which happens every year.

Biggest mistake was punting on QB. I think Andy Reid and John Gruden know more about QB's than Sean McDermott. But that seems to be the Buffalo special, hiring defensive head coaches that don't value high quality QB play.

I thought you wouldn't like the Corner in the 1st and two small Tampa 2 linebackers.

I think this was the draft you would expect if you had a first time head coach who was also a first time GM with no front office experience picking players off a board from a scouting staff on their way out the door.

The Zay Jones pick was a massive waste to trade up for. I think McDermott wanted to get a WR and his coach knew the guy. Low upside, just like the projected backup QB taken in the 5th.

I hate the idea of cornerback but Tre White can play. Best cover skills coming out in the draft. He might not have as much upside as CB's going before him but he is plug and play. He also fills a need which is what McDermott looks to do.

Best players are Tre White and Dion Dawkins. Zay Jones could be a WR #3 this year.

1st three picks were drafted for needs. That's how a coach drafts, not a GM.

Too many picks thrown away trading up. Bills can't afford to keep burning picks which happens every year.

Biggest mistake was punting on QB. I think Andy Reid and John Gruden know more about QB's than Sean McDermott. But that seems to be the Buffalo special, hiring defensive head coaches that don't value high quality QB play.

Come on Man- really?

Agree on all counts.

Only three WRs were off the board at the time of the trade up and all of them went before #10.

I thought it was a useless trade up, because Jones profiles as a possession WR with average physical traits.

We again kicked the can down the road at QB, and our 9-11th pick next year, combined with KCs 23rd pick is not going to be enough to get to #1 overall to take Darnold or Rosen.

The Bills as an organization tend to get stuck on backup QBs. Three years on Trent, three years on Fitzpatrick, going on three with Tyrod.

We'll see, but this team looks like the same 6-7 win team next year.

Also they passed on DT again and Kyle is most certainly coming to the end.

He could use a little Toastmasters experience, and some other polish, but he is pretty good at knowing football players. The next team that gets him will be lucky to have him.