RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone easily could have chosen Peterman in the 2nd round and none of the analysts would have blinked. This is a steal regardless of how his career turns out.

A steal how? because of perceived value - what if he never plays a down?

Everything about Peterman screams find in the 5th round except for the reports of not having a cannon

Do we have Tom Brady on our hands here?

It will be a minor miracle if he is a solid NFL starter. Brady? Lol... well even the Pats had no idea what TB would be so there's that. Those things don't happen twice in twenty years

COULD be a steal

If McD is not giving anyone the position he is gonna get a chance to make his case

I saw a stat on him that did excite me a bit.....accuracy under pressure. High with this one

I love how optimistic you always are....

Everyone's expertise on the Draft Class always cracks me up! Drafting is far from a science and the full time professionals at it are far, far from accurate in their assessments of the future NFL skill sets of these kids.

What I do know is that all 32 Teams need to get starting Quarterbacks from SOMEWHERE!! And at the rate that 1st Rounders appear to be flopping there are going to be some teams running a permanent Wild Cat! 😉

So Peterman? Why not?

I ask again, What?

A steal in the 5th/6th is Antonio Brown.

Not a difficult concept. "Steal" can be judged based on process-based or results-based criteria. For instance, OJ Howard at 19 is already a steal from a process-oriented perspective, as Tampa managed to select him significantly after all boards and ratings suggested. A steal, based on the information that was available at the time of the draft. Some other player might be judged to be a steal from a results-oriented perspective, once his career is significantly underway. Howard himself may eventually be judged to be more or less of a steal than currently thought. But none of that information was available at the time that the decisions were made. So steals of that nature are typically more luck-based, and therefore don't make much sense to focus on if an organization's goal is to sustain a record of excellent drafting.

All I know is that he has great pocket awareness and isn't afraid to step up into it and throw.

And his accuracy is a well documented strength with multiple scouts reporting that.

He isn't a gunslinger and does not have a cannon for an arm but we all know too damn well that you can carve up a D with short and accurate passes. Whatever moves the sticks.

Popgun arm. Career backup at best unless his arm strength improves significantly.

This is such a reactionary, non fact based, comment. His arm is plenty strong to make most if not all NFL throws. Just because you can't throw it 80 yards in the air, does not mean he has a "pop gun" arm.