RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

I remember when the hype for Jeff Tuel was real around here too. He was 1 bad pass vs KC away from being our starter. Now he works at Dairy Queen presumably

Tuel and Peterman both throw floaters. There was a pass Peterman threw at the Senior Bowl to the sideline where the ball seemed to just take forever.

That might work against 3rd stringers in a preseason game but against NFL corners they will step in front of that and run in for 6.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuel and Peterman both throw floaters. There was a pass Peterman threw at the Senior Bowl to the sideline where the ball seemed to just take forever.

That might work against 3rd stringers in a preseason game but against NFL corners they will step in front of that and run in for 6.

Link?

Link?

No link...it's another veiled complaint about not drafting the strong armed Mahomes. B-)

I really enjoyed the video. Peterman looks solid and has a good command of the pro style offense. He appears to go through is progressions and he hangs in the pocket, despite pressure, to make the throws. He floated a few, but for the most part, displayed good accuracy. He has the makings of a solid NFL QB, but not likely a major star. Could be a reliable career #2, but may have starter potential. I can see the arm strength issues that are known to be part of his profile, but only time will tell. Somewhere I saw him compared to Chad Pennington, who had a good career as an NFL starting QB. He moved the chains and scored some points, but didn't overwhelm anyone with his athleticism. More impressive was Zay Jones. He was all over the field and made catches of all types. He displayed size, speed, hands, route running and a nose for the end zone (I think I saw 2 TD or 3 TDs, although one may have come back on penalty). Looks like the Bills made a couple of good draft picks.

I really enjoyed the video. Peterman looks solid and has a good command of the pro style offense. He appears to go through is progressions and he hangs in the pocket, despite pressure, to make the throws. He floated a few, but for the most part, displayed good accuracy. He has the makings of a solid NFL QB, but not likely a major star. Could be a reliable career #2, but may have starter potential. I can see the arm strength issues that are known to be part of his profile, but only time will tell. Somewhere I saw him compared to Chad Pennington, who had a good career as an NFL starting QB. He moved the chains and scored some points, but didn't overwhelm anyone with his athleticism. More impressive was Zay Jones. He was all over the field and made catches of all types. He displayed size, speed, hands, route running and a nose for the end zone (I think I saw 2 TD or 3 TDs, although one may have come back on penalty). Looks like the Bills made a couple of good draft picks.

There is a vid of him somewhere, if memory serves me right it was about 6 minutes or so in length. Anyway, Peterman throws a deep one with just 1 single step into the throw. Well, guys, I played it over like 4 or 5 times just to make sure I had the distance of the throw calculated right. Yep, exactly 50 yards and pretty much right on the money.

Need a bigger arm than that? I don't think so. :thumbsup:

It's funny how the "I want this QB and will turn into an angry poster if they don't draft them" is a situation.

First it was Mr. "Truth-Bisky" from Ryan L Billz.

Now, it's Jeffismagic. C'mon Jeff, you were legitimately a good poster without a mean agenda before the draft. Don't turn into Yeezus.

Don't take it personally, anyone. What's the worst that could happen? We don't make the playoffs? OHHHH NO. Like that would be a shocker.

I watched Peterman's highlights (YouTube) and have no beef with his throws. I do NO studying outside of this. Do I expect anything? No. That means if, and when, something happens, it's fun. And I appreciate all posters who actually put in hours of time watching college kids.

Give peace a chance.

It's funny how the "I want this QB and will turn into an angry poster if they don't draft them" is a situation.

First it was Mr. "Truth-Bisky" from Ryan L Billz.

Now, it's Jeffismagic. C'mon Jeff, you were legitimately a good poster without a mean agenda before the draft. Don't turn into Yeezus.

Don't take it personally, anyone. What's the worst that could happen? We don't make the playoffs? OHHHH NO. Like that would be a shocker.

I watched Peterman's highlights (YouTube) and have no beef with his throws. I do NO studying outside of this. Do I expect anything? No. That means if, and when, something happens, it's fun. And I appreciate all posters who actually put in hours of time watching college kids.

Give peace a chance.

My opinion did not change after the draft. I said before the draft that Peterman was a 5th round prospect. Then he was drafted by the Bills where I said he would go.

I remember when Brady couldn't throw it deep too...

Can Peterman throw 5 yard swing passes to a wide open Shady 147 times a game? If so we have the next Brady.

You also need the ability to throw an accurate ball on a short pick play. And whine if a flag is thrown. It's an entire skill set that makes the man.

Sorry, was driving around. 5:39

Dude.

At 5:39, Peterman is forced by the pressure to scramble and throw while running left, which is a very hard throw for any QB to make. He nevertheless throws a perfect strike to the receiver for a completion at the sticks.

You concern me sometimes...