Seems Bills are finally using Analytics

MAJBobby

All three picks have been well talked about by the Analytics guys.

Seems they have finally started using them as something more than a talking point.

Can you elaborate? I would assume a lot the first two rounds would be, "talked about by analytics guys".

Can you elaborate? I would assume a lot the first two rounds would be, "talked about by analytics guys".

PFF Loved all three

SPARQ rating are 👍 on all three

The Analytics sites like all three of our picks

Well a reputable reporter said McDermott was unequivocally in charge. Not that he heard, he is.

Was it a Wawrow/Kryk type reporter?

Or was it a Timmy/Moran type reporter?

Can you elaborate?

How do you know analytics played a role in us drafting these guys?

There are different ways to value draft picks. The Bills look to be using the Harvard methodology rather than the Jimmy Johnson chart. That's a sign. That would lead them toward clustering their picks where they did in this draft as well as favoring accumulating future high picks. Look at what Cleveland is doing. That's this method in full force. They're going to continue to roll one of their 1st round picks into a current year high pick and another future high pick. They already have two firsts and three seconds next season.

Then there are the players chosen. Two are players that are high on the SPARQ scale and one was average on it.

I'll find some links and put them in this thread.

This explains the difference in draft pick valuation:

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

Here is a link to the SPARQ scores and it has links to more general info on that valuation of players:

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/ol/

Edited by BarleyNY