Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Falk would be exactly what Dennison and crew want from their signal caller. Tall and accurate as well as willing to let it rip in smaller windows.

Falk shows minimal pocket awareness. Takes a lot of sacks. Doesn't "manipulate" the pocket well. Very accurate though. For me, personally, I want to see more of Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph. These guys can make plays with their arms and legs

It makes me sad we are going 6-10, with 2 1st round picks and are going to watch for 10 years Rosen become a star in NJ.

Don't get fixated on any one qb. There will be 3 to 5 qbs who are capable of being legitimate franchise qbs. Randolph and Mayfiel are good prospects. Lamar Jackson who may need more grooming could turn out to be the best of the lot. The worst strategy that the Bills could take is waiting to get value. That is a reasonable approach for every position but it is not for the qb position. The best approach is to draft the best qb you can with your first round pick, and that includes using draft picks to move up the board.

Edited by JohnC

Don't get fixated on any one qb. There will be 3 to 5 qbs who are capable of being legitimate franchise qbs. Randolph and Mayfiel are good prospects. Lamar Jackson who may need more grooming could turn out to be the best of the lot. The worst strategy that the Bills could take is waiting to get value. That is a reasonable approach for every position but it is not for the qb position. The best approach is to draft the best qb you can with your first round pick, and that includes using draft picks to move up the board.

Honestly, I have really watched Rosen and I think he is far and above all the other qbs in this draft. He makes the most nfl type throws.

I do like Rudolph but man, I just feel like we are going to settle for a 6 instead of a 9.

Honestly, I have really watched Rosen and I think he is far and above all the other qbs in this draft. He makes the most nfl type throws.

I do like Rudolph but man, I just feel like we are going to settle for a 6 instead of a 9.

From what I have seen of Rosen I agree with you that he makes some jaw dropping NFL throws. But if your standard for drafting a qb is to only go for the best qb on the board then odds are you will rarely have that opportunity. In assessing qbs it's not unusual that the consensus best qb doesn't turn out to be the best qb as time goes by. A lot of that has to do with where the qb goes to. If you go to a chaotic situation the prospects for success deeply drops.

I believe that there are going to be maybe three to five first-rate prospects. Maybe none of them will be ready to start right away. We need to get a legitimate prospect on the roster sooner rather than later. I'm not expecting a qb who turns out to be our salvation. I want a legitimate franchise qb playing on a well-rounded team that gives us a reasonable chance to be a meaningful team.

Is there possibly a QB that has yet to enter the discussion yet as a serious top 3 prospect? I'm thinking of guys like Wentz and Turbitzky. At what point in the college season or even after did either of those guys start to get real consideration?

With Trubisky it was about this stage of the process last year - mid October. Wentz was later I think it was almost the end of the college football season.

Annoyingly the Bills had been watching Wentz since the year before. They had scouted him numerous times. I think they thought now way a kid from North Dakota State goes 1st round and had a plan to draft him later. Then the hype came.

With Trubisky it was about this stage of the process last year - mid October. Wentz was later I think it was almost the end of the college football season.

Annoyingly the Bills had been watching Wentz since the year before. They had scouted him numerous times. I think they thought now way a kid from North Dakota State goes 1st round and had a plan to draft him later. Then the hype came.

I so wanted Wentz , really wish we had traded up for him. He would be excellent in this offense and under McDermott's guidance the sky is the limit.

Allen would be wise to stay in

4_4800695.jpg

You were saying.

@thebillswire

2018 NFL draft: Bills' GM on hand for QB Luke Falk's disastrous outing vs. Cal

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/14/2018-nfl-draft-qb-rankings-bills-luke-falk/

@joemarino

Fun Fact: Brandon Beane was also on hand for NC State vs Louisville (Lamar Jackson) last Thursday night. #Bills #BillsMafia #GoBills

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Rosen and Darnold are staying in school. They can use 1 more year to develop. That would really shake things up if true because they would be 1 and 2 in the draft if they came out.

I can see why Darnold would go back, a red shirt Sophomore, hasnt graduated etc. But with all the heartburn Rosen has about being in school and also being a graduate what keeps him there if he is alreadly the number one prospect?

The class is coming to Earth fast, like it always seems to do. You and Ive discussed it but I cant get on board with Rosen.

I can see why Darnold would go back, a red shirt Sophomore, hasnt graduated etc. But with all the heartburn Rosen has about being in school and also being a graduate what keeps him there if he is alreadly the number one prospect?

The class is coming to Earth fast, like it always seems to do. You and Ive discussed it but I cant get on board with Rosen.

I think Mora will get an ultimatum from UCLA, keep Rosen and try and turn things around or lose your job. Mora has said Rosen is staying in school so he must feel confident about that:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/jim-mora-firmly-believes-josh-rosen-will-not-declare-for-the-nfl-draft-this-year/amp/

If Rosen wants to leave I think Mora can talk him into staying 1 more year. Rosen might feel obligated to Mora. He grew up down the street from him

I think Mora will get an ultimatum from UCLA, keep Rosen and try and turn things around or lose your job. Mora has said Rosen is staying in school so he must feel confident about that:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/jim-mora-firmly-believes-josh-rosen-will-not-declare-for-the-nfl-draft-this-year/amp/

If Rosen wants to leave I think Mora can talk him into staying 1 more year. Rosen might feel obligated to Mora. He grew up down the street from him

Makes sense. If he stays Mason Rudolph has to be considered the best prospect left. Falk and Browning are starting to show their limitations. Finley from NC State may be a late riser.

I think Rosen and Darnold are staying in school. They can use 1 more year to develop. That would really shake things up if true because they would be 1 and 2 in the draft if they came out.

Not happening. No one who's projected to go in the top 2 (or even the top 15) is staying in school. Too much $ and too much risk to turn it down. People learned their lesson from Matt Barkley.

They should fire Mora because he is a terrible coach. Rosen is ready to start in the nfl right now. If either of the NJ or SF teams get a top pick, he will come out.

Not happening. No one who's projected to go in the top 2 (or even the top 15) is staying in school. Too much $ and too much risk to turn it down. People learned their lesson from Matt Barkley.

Would make my day if Darnold was 15th and we drafted him. With him not having as good of year as expected he could slip a bit and then we could develop him, because when plays break down is when he is at his best an those things can't be taught, while the others can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.